Anti-Theft Devises

Discussion in 'TR650' started by kjackbrown, Apr 2, 2013.

1. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    i wrap it around my sproket, xn14 should fit up to 7mm disc with look at their stuff as they have diffeent pin thicknesses an jaw depths.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Finally got a chance to read what I believe was all of the comments (formatting is a bit confusing).

Any ideas what he meant by this? What advantage would the thief have with the title? Obviously they would then know where the owner lives... but for doing things like obtaining chip matched ECUs?
  3. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    If you had the title, you could transfer registration?
    chris1261 likes this.
  4. Abby Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    wait, what? are you talking about a glock or do they make anti-theft stuff for bikes too?
  5. Abby Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra

nevermind, i'm being made fun of in my own house, by my own family, no less---- for being a blonde...
    kjackbrown likes this.
  6. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    People that love you laughing at you is a good thing. We all could use more of it.
    kjackbrown and Coffee like this.
  7. chris1261 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR 650 Strada

if you have the title, you pretty much own the bike. it becomes a his word against mine that the owner didn't sell it to the thief.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I used to remove the main fuse from my FZR600 back in the day when our group would park at some large event.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    You mean he was referring to the 'pink slip'?

I thought he was referring to the registration..
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I've never saw a vehicle title that allows transfer of ownership without the current owners signature ... This would be the same name that is on the front of the title ... With this in mind, if the real owner, whose name is on the front of the title does not release ownership with his signature, forgery must come into play. That would be a second charge against the thief ... And in most cases, a thief wants money, not the actual bike... So the stolen property is chopped.

Playing with names on GOV paperwork leaves a paper trail back to a specific person also ...

--
    That title is just a hard copy of the real data that is in a GOV data base ... Keep the bikes serial numbers and those numbers can always be traced ...

Many places allow ownership without titles ... Possession goes a long way here I'd guess ...

EDIT: On the topic of titles and thieves ... I do remember a guy yrs ago who wanted any, any car that had a title.. He would take just the title also ... Not 100% what he did with that paper, but he did come back from 1 out of state trip (with titles in hand on this trip) with no front teeth and I never asked what happened to him or that paperwork ... This guy was pretty much a local hard-a$$ that took his business to the big city and left a couple teeth there ... He's been dead a long time now ...

So, I'm inclined to think that title paperwork is just a different level of thievery ..
  11. MrWiretap Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TTR250
    [IMG][IMG]
    For those still on the hemet lock topic: Just bought this from my local motorcycle store. Does the trick. I just added a keyring to loop it around the seat lock pin. If the loops were bigger i wouldn't need the keyring but the larger ones they had were twice the price etc This one i can keep under the seat next to the battery ready for the day i need to lock my helmet to the packrack. For those in Australia website address is in the photo.
    DeLewis likes this.