Another tire thread....lets talk about road biased options for the Terra

Discussion in 'TR650' started by ebrake, Jun 25, 2013.

1. ces Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada

hi engink9 , i reckon you are doing well with the k60 ,but , I'm pretty old school and i think perhaps keeping the front tyre with Heidenau could be a safe option... you know same manufacturer same design same compounds etc. i believe that mix matching tyres can have the dynamics of balance compromised...but that is just me .like my left foot with julius marlow and my right foot with Forma..
    no comparison i know but ...ha
    ride safely & keep the pressure.. on the tyres
  2. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    I've had good luck with Mitas on both our Stradas. I do much more mixed riding than the wife, and sometimes we do long rides of 80-90% tar. For those we run e0-8's and get awesome life. Last set ws around 18k. For the heavier mixed riding I run e07's and do ok... roughly 10-12k, but the rear is shit on wet tar. Just gotta get into the off road mentality, sliding it around corners even though you are on bitumen. :-) Wife gonna take leap to 7's and deal with it since she wants more challenging terrain these days. The e08's though really do well for what they are until you get into bashing or the sloppy stuff. With 9 bikes and doing 30-40,000km/yr, tyre life is my first priority and I live with the shortcomings when they crop up.
  3. Rapid Dog Husqvarna
    AA Class

...well, the Avon Trailriders helped about 80% with the shake if anyone is listening...
    Newfoundlander likes this.
  4. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT
    Been running the Avon Trekriders for 500k's. Said to be a 50/50 but look more like a 70/30. Very impressed with the grip and stability. The terra seems to have manners again.
    Also travelled over 100k's in the rain last night with no scary moments and plenty of confidence.
    Haven't ventured off road yet and don't know how long they will last. Probably not long with that much hold on offer.
    Great tyres
    Think ill go the trailriders next
    IMG_5713 - Copy.JPG