And off to ZipTy it goes...

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Motosportz, May 8, 2013.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Your dealer should be able to load this for you. If he won't, then I'm always an option. JD tuner is unnecessary, PCV is not a tuner, it's a ecu replacement and is also unnecessary unless you're racing or need extra utility.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The JD tuners was all that was available or at least all we knew about and does help. The remap ZipTy does is many steps better than the JD tuner as it completely rewrites the base map to a really good working one where all the Jd can do is modify the crappy stock base map. The PCV completely eliminates the stock ECU and uses its own maps altogether and you can load whatever. I would say the PCV is the ultimate solution in performance and for sure flexibility / ability to change. But would say the Zipty remap is by far the best $40 you could spend on your 449/511 motor.

Zipty Remap field test 2:

Got out for another ride last night. Before I marvelled in how much smoother and better it ran. Especially off the bottom. It was getting dark on that ride yesterday and I had a very positive experience and loved how it was so much smoother and glitch free especially right off idle where I struggled with the bike before. Last night I got out a little earlier and it was a beautiful day and sunny out. I got to hit the trails a lot harder in full light and realised another thing. My bike has a good bit more power with the ECU remap. I mean a very noticable amount. It is not a kitten anymore by any standards. Has a semi vicious mid range bark, very quick throttle response and WAY more top end. I knew it felt spunkier yesterday but today at full rip I was like :eek:. Starting to feel like a full rip MX bike motor. I need to get the switch so I can switch between the maps. Tinken tells me the low map, which will still be smooth and nice, is 9hp less. In the slick tight trails this might be a good thing. In the more open trails this thing is a missile. It roars barks and freaking takes off. The mid range snap and top end over rev is way stronger than the stock map. Even going down the road in 6th it feels very snappy in the mid and if you hold it wide open it is like you installed a 4 barrel on your 2 barrel Camaro :) If you install a more open muffler than stock and get this remap done I think you will be very pleased with the power and response. It is very fast now and runs very good everywhere. Even though it seems richer and makes WAY more power I got 41 MPG for my DS loop. 65 miles and about half that off road. This map upgrade is very much worth it. Anyone with the 449/511 should do this.
    aciel78 and Mojorod like this.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Bill Parr likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Wish that could be flipped on the fly, that would be awesome.

41 MPG is actually very good for how I was ridding. (hamfisted) Thats 90 miles range without the Nomad and 123 with which is awesome. Would be 140 mile range with the new larger 4.5 liter Nomad.
  5. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA
    My bike is still bone stock as I'm trying not to void the 6 month warranty and due to being off bikes for 20+ years I figured it has enough power for now. But like everyone else I hate the stalling, especially in the tight stuff and it sounds like racemap3 will help. I haven't even plugged in the power up kit yet or had any of the maps installed. Will doing so void the warranty or am I worrying for no reason? Keep in mind I'm not racing and really want this thing to last a long time as I'm not the kind of guy who will buy a new bike every few years.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Ask your dealer. I don't think the power up plug will affect you warranty but I might be wrong. I can't believe you can even ride it without. It is unsafe as it is so lean it is going to pop and stall and put you on your ass.
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R

Now it sounds like my TXC on top ...with the added benefit of better mapping throughout the range. At Eddieville last weekend I was reminded how freaking fast my 511 really is.....6th gear on the gas is an adrenaline inducing experience...but at the same time it will torque out of corners or blast up a rocky hill with the CTS guaranteeing traction. Or you can ride it like a CRF230 and just putter along.

I wish I still had MX abilities (and knees) because there is a GP at Washougal on Fathers Day that would be a blast.
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Any modification to the ecu, including the shunt plug, voids the warranty.
    Motosportz likes this.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The stock TE and TXC maps are identicle, but not the ecu. During my ecu tests, I rigged a stock txc ecu on my bike to test its mapping.
  10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Interesting....so what happens when you apply the #3 maps to the TXC ECU...or do I get to be the guinea pig?
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    There are no maps for the TXC's, sorry, you're screwed. :doh:

Haha, no I have to trick the ecu in believing it's a TE ecu and then I can load the maps onto it.
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:

Hmm... I know where there is a showroom someplace nearby where nobody would notice if a TE suddenly had a TXC ECU box :rolleyes:
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    As you know I rode the TXC 510 BMP race bike you have at Chinahat and yes, feels like that. Rolling thunder.
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:

5 1 1 :doh:
    Tinken likes this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

whatever, feels like a 513 now :p
    Tinken and oregonsage like this.
  17. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Way back when the BMW 450X came out with the 'scooter' tuned engine Touratech offered a map switch....which voided your warranty :D
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

that would be weak for a 125. :eek: Were they really that bad?
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Somewhere around 2009-2010 they went up to 41 and 52HP.