An open plea to the new Husqvarna USA management team.

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Motorcycles Corporation' started by krieg, Feb 9, 2011.

1. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'll try to be concise.

I came running to the Husqvarna brand in 2008 after numerous disappointing ownership experiences with other brands. My first Husky was a 2008 TE 250. It was such a great bike and I was so pleased with the dealership and ownership experiences that it lead to the purchase of 5 more Husqvarnas in a 3 year period. While the biased media was trashing the new ultralight Husqvarna MX bike, I was grinning and chuckling at their stupidity as I watched my son complete his best season and win his first ever motocross race on our bulletproof 2010 TC 250. I can honestly say that I have yet to own a bad Husqvarna motorcycle... unlike several other brands that I've owned. I have screamed the praises of the brand from the mountain tops and have recommended Husqvarna to MANY curious individuals at races who come to our pits and ask about our bike. Most of those individuals think the brand vanished in the mid 80's.

Today, sadly and reluctantly, I purchased a 2011 Kawasaki KX 250F for my son to use as his 2011 MX race bike. I waited patiently for a 2011 Husqvarna MX bike... ANY 2011 Husqvarna MX bike... to arrive in the USA at one of my favorite dealers. To no avail. Practice for the 2011 season begins next weekend where I live and I would have gladly paid a premium to keep my son on a Husqvarna.

I think I've said enough for you to understand my frustration with BMW's inability to place tangible product in the hands of HUNGRY and DEVOTED customers. You've got to do better.

I look forward to fielding another grass roots Husqvarna team in 2012.

Until then... and I mean this with no malice... shame on you!
  2. Mark_Donovan Husqvarna

Krieg, thanks for sharing your frustration. Has any of the Dealers you spoke with given you any reasoning as to why no product?
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Only rumor Mark. My son and I were really stoked about the new EFI TC 250. I waited till the last possible moment before pulling the trigger on a Japanese bike. But there's only speculation as to when the new TC, or even the new CR 150 might hit the showroom floors in the USA. We'll most likely be back with Husky in 2012, but the frustration this year is painful.
  4. Mark_Donovan Husqvarna

I bet, especially when the regulars that race in your series see you are no longer on a Husky, you will no doubt be forced to relay the reason time & time again. I agree it's not a good thing. I just hope it's a temporary snafu or perhaps something that is regional. I ran into the same thing this year with KTM all of the 300XC's we were allocated were pre-sold and when they were gone there were none to be had anywhere in our region.
  5. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    So race a 2010 bike, what's the big deal? I've seen AMA SBK and WSBK teams do it...
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes, I bet there are CR150s out there. Check with Jay Hall at Hall's Cycles in Springfield, Ill. , Upstate Cycles in Greenville, SC or Keytime Motorsports in Wi.
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I think you're missing the point. I don't want to race a 2010 bike. We raced a 2010 bike in 2010. I want to race a 2011 bike in 2011. The point is, there's no 2011 MX bikes in the USA, despite the fact that there's 2011 product all over Europe and OZ. There's really no good excuse for that... especially when one considers the resources of a company like BMW.
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    No 2011 CR 150's yet. Trust me, I've been calling every major USA dealer for months. They get sick of me calling.
  9. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    If I were in your situation, I'd rather stick with a '10 husky than a '11 any-other-brand.. Still gets you contingency $$ with husky :thumbsup:
  10. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

YEP! They are pretty much the exact same bike.
  11. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I wish your son the best in his 2011 season on the KXF. I hope he is back on a TC in 2012. I must admit though, I agree with the others about racing an 2010 again this year.
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I heard the new bikes are on the East coast and they all moved to the West coast. Now there's nobody back their to sign for the bike in customs. [IMG]
  13. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Fantastic to hear you have such passion for Husky's (or is it just contingency?)
    I do admit that factory support still wanes here in North America, and our dealers do an awesome job helping us out, but its not enough. (3months awaiting crankshaft bearings) BMW / Husqvarna needs to communicate with its supports or risk losing them.
  14. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Actually, they're a lot different. EFI being the most obvious difference. Also, head porting changes and other enhancements have allegedly transformed the motor. Time will tell.
  15. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Contingency is not even a factor.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Maybe they hear ya and this will help, but as I have stated before, unless they are incompetent at numerous VP offices, they should have known months ago this was going to happen and could not or did not (or failed at the attempt) want to change the delivery dates to the usa ...

Good luck on UR racing and the 012s will be out in the not too distant future, at least other brands 012s will be ... Surely only the delivery of the 011 bikes is behind and not the actual design and testing of the future model bikes we have learned to ride here in the states ...

I probably paid more to ship and import my 08 TXC250 here than the bike actually cost me and I'm very glad I have it to ride each day ... I have another Husky on the way here but I'll probably have to get a bike made from japan to supplement my riding here ... That ain't gonna be easy to do but I will bite the bullet as it is about the way I can go here ...
  17. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    THe Cr150s just got released to us dealers yestersday in a very very limited number.billf
  18. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

The mags just did their 250F shootouts also. It would have been great to see a Husky in the mix.
  19. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

When I bought my last bike in January 2009 there were no new Husky's to be had... big reason I went the way I did. If Husky wants to be a player, it needs to follow the same rules as everyone else [even if they are arbitrary]. Look at some of the growing pains Zip Ty is having... that would've been cured if they bikes were here in October [like everyone else].

That being said... I'll have me a new Husky when they make a TXC310 [good] or a new, revamped Two Stroke [better] or a new DI Two Stroke [Best].
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This is really confusing to me ... It just is not apparent why they would shaft the usa dealers, racers, fans, and customers to the degree that it is happening ... They should apologize to the dealers if nothing else as they are trying to make a living off their products ...