1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Am I crazy to buy another Xlite??

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by fire1998, Sep 17, 2014.

1. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I currently own a 13 TXC 310. Great bike and absolutely love it. Best handling bike I've owned and fuel injection is spot on. Zero starter problems but It's had a few quirks I've fixed. Found a sweet deal on a new 14 TXC310. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and buying it tomorrow. I'll still keep the 13 model as a spare bike and my son can ride it also Hopefully when my daughter gets just a little bigger she will jump on TXC also. I know gasgas has picked up the motor rights and will start using them soon. So hopefully parts won't be an issue down the line. No way am I going to 9k for a white KTM. What do you guys think?
  2. gsxrbee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 R `13
    Go ahead !!!
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Do it! It's the bike you really like, it's priced well. You can figure out the rest later.

Your 310 wouldn't happen to have steg pegs would it?
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Roll!
    This bike is best one I've ever had. Suspension was harsh in front but after spring and re valve on both ends, you cannot beat it. Especially for the price!
    Looking at drop in discount prices, they seemed to have been stable now!
    Us guys that bought them before discount took the hits.
    Not worried about parts either. If something comes up short. Someone will step up to fill the void.
    My son grabbed a new 14 Tc 250 and I like that bike as well!
    ray_ray likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    First, a second bike of pretty much the same brand is good for parts and such on the fly as needed and will take the load and importance off a single bike ... I'll admit I've got too many bikes but that is OK...I'm learning how to deal with them ...

I also buy parts along before I need them such as rings, pistons, gaskets, water pump seals .. maybe some cables ... In my case, I've just never needed alot of parts for any Husky I have owned ..

Different plastic but this is the bike I got from you ... It dazzles this countryboy each ride and at ~250hrs, it feels like it is just getting broken in good.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/2010-tc250-turns-into-a-1-kick-starter.45241

Engine oil changes is about all I've done with your bike since I've had it ... A 6speed tranny like what is in the TXCs would turn a TC250 into an even more remarkable machine for the dirt riding..

--
    I like my money too much to give that much for new dirt bike also ... That would be about a yrs rent here for me ... Spending that much for a single bike just does not fit with who I am at this point in life so I'll have to pass also for the foreseeable future.

--
    Thanks for the bike and good luck on your biking decision.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep
  7. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ray,
    It's good to here that little TC is still going strong!! I know you'll always be a good reference when it comes to selling a bike!! Remember that carb has a JD kit and a Boysen quickshot. Immediately helped starting. TC was valved by LTR for Hare Scrambles and sprung for my 210 lbs. Rear end was awesome but I was still figuring out the front forks. Had some problems with deflection in successive bumps. Sold it to you before I figured out clickers. Sold it to you so I could buy an 11 TXC 449 which I kept for 6 months! Never got along with it and bought the new 13 TXC 310. Haven't pulled the trigger on new bike yet. My new race toy (see pics below) is getting finished up from an LS1 swap and prepping for next years race season. Still haven't figured out what exactly I'm going to end up spending on truck. Wife gave me ok on bike but it's me who is second guessing myself on having 3 race bikes. 13 TXC 310 and a 10 KLX 450 which I use for desert and faster race courses. Do I really need 3 bikes???? Main reason I'm leaning towards new bike is my 13 TXC blew a rad hose in Laughlin NV this Feb at a BITD race. Bike took a big heat cycle but is still running like new. Had to replace some Orings and gaskets after race but since then motor hasn't missed a beat and starts at the touch of the button.! Tough motors for sure!!

Attached Files:

LandofMotards likes this.
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Get a 511.
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Ok I saw your bike at corral bluffs. Not many Husky's let alone x-lites. Hoping to see another 310 next to it at CORE ;)