Aftermarket headlight options

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Dieselox4, May 29, 2009.

1. Vansmack Husqvarna
    AA Class

I went down the Scooby route, easy to do and much better light. For my weight (230) the light lines up perfectly on the road. Thanks to socaltrailrider too for the pics, they made it so I only needed to go to the hardware store once. BTW, I used 1/4" spacers.

Chris
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I saw a prototype LED retrofit light that was nearly finished. Should go right in to the old light housing with minor (if any, knowing George) mods. Since it is fairly unique I will not describe it too much other than to say it will pull about 9 watts. It will have some adjustability for what would pass for high/low beam. It is nicely made up in aluminum and vented (maybe billet in the end model, he's not sure) and looks heavy but isn't. He's using his 08 TE testbed bike for this. I think he's got his FI mod just about ready for the red plastic connector fix. Anyone got a broken one...??? PM me.

He gets a lot done when I'm not over there shootin' the breeze about world politics.:D
  3. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    He showed me that stuff on Monday, cool looking light and the FI mod/fix is awesome.
    NOW!
    Stay away from him, he is supposed to be working on my SM610. :D :lol:
  4. 6Ten Husqvarna
    B Class

5. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Are you guys finding that there's enough power to run the H4 55/60w really well? Any battery issues after prolonged slow stuff?
  6. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    Not a problem at all.
  7. markymark83 Husqvarna
    A Class

I just recently bought the Acerbis Dimension headlight. Pretty much went for it because it was just a simple and good looking light.

Haven't wired it up yet as I couldn't find my solder. But so far it looks to be pretty good.

Attached Files:

8. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  9. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I decided to go the BD glass lens/H4 retro fit/upgrade route. I have been going back and forth over the available options. Thanks to scooby & socal, and revisiting this thread many times, I have seen the light. :) The smooth lines of the stock headlight shell is for me.

I sourced the BD glass H4 lens, BD 3w running light, PIAA 55/60w star white bulb, and a 90 degree ceramic rubber shielded H4 plug for under $110 shipped. Plan to post up pics of the install when parts arrive.
  10. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Update...Well I got the parts I mentioned but ended up ordering the rest of the parts to complete a BD headlight. I have the BD lens but it did not have enough clearance. Even with a 90* plug and the lens flush against the Husky shell the rubber boot on the headlight plug would rub the head tube. I was not happy/secure with that so I had to admit defeat and shelve the Husky shell :cry: and ordered the BD shell and straps to go that route.

I did find the H4/DOT UFO Ray headlight for cheaper then the BD and like the looks of it better. If I didn't already have half the BD I would have bought the UFO. The TE 250 will probably get the UFO. :thumbsup:

edit: The BD straps are way to small in diameter, they wont fit 50mm forks. I had to drill out the holes on the bd shell and use the stock straps. It was a real big pain. Not much material around the mounting holes in the BD shell and so had to drill holes a size smaller then needed. Had to push/poke the straps in to the shell with a screw driver. The mounting looks clean though. I took apart the L. handlebar switch and wedged a piece of inner tube in between the passing light contacts. No need (fear) to light up both the 55w and 60w filaments at the same time.
  11. Juan Giraldo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm sxf250
    I am looking at upgrading the mask and headlight of my 2013 te310. And I would like to know which of the versions available on ebay or aliexpress will fit the te 2013 hassle-free (plug and play). Or what would you recommend. Attached below is the photo of the mask and headlight I want to install but not sure if it will fit.

Attached Files:

12. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    More than likely, they won’t be hassle free. If you’re pretty handy, anything is possible. I swapped my 08’s headlight to a trailtech x2 10 years ago and it took a little ingenuity to make it work, but was well worth it. The factory headlights are pretty weak.