Aftermarket headlight options

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Dieselox4, May 29, 2009.

1. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

So I was at Yanni's big AA300 DS ride this last weekend down in North Carolina. Super awesome ride! While I was there, I jumped a rut going into a downhill turn and railed a tree on the TE510. I demolished the front light and the computer. I will be upgrading to a Vapor but I want some ideas for the front light.

I’m not looking for anything particular. Just trying to get some ideas. Can you all post up some pic’s and or links for suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Mike
  2. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Check the Motosportz sponsor page he has the Trailtech.
  3. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thank you sir. Those look sweet. I like how they almost have the shape of the original piece. Good price also. I didnt see them on Kelly's site. Ill give him a call.

Mike
  4. Bernie Husqvarna
    B Class

I fitted the Polisport HMX on my TE 310:

[IMG]
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That's a nice looking light. I think Steahly Racing carries those.
  6. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

There's the Buell conversion, but it cost's a bit more than the other

[IMG]
  7. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Uptite is working on an LED that will more or less fit the existing headlight fixture. Don't know how close it is to reality. I like the idea of an LED.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I could go for something like that. I like the looks of the stock headlight. I just don't like the wimpy orange light (even after I put in a brighter bulb). Let's just say that night trailriding can be a REAL adventure with the stock style bulb.:eek:
  9. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    I have a Bike-It Rage headlight on my 510 SMR. Its much brighter than stock, similar in look to an Acerbis, but much cheaper. I didn't use the metal brackets that came with it, though. I've had it on a couple of years, and its held up well. I don't know if it would withstand a tree, though. :/

http://www.flyncycle.com/Replacement_Windscreens_p/hluragblk.htm

That site has a lot of headlight options.
  10. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

[IMG]

Takes a standard H4 55w/60w automotive bulb,,super bright,,fits in the stock opening just have to drill 2 holes and come up with 2 roughly 3/8 inch spacers,,,,,I'll get the part # for ya in a bit. The biggest downfall is that it costs around $80,,but it is made from steel/magnesium and the lens is made of pretty thick glass. I've been roosted a couple times pretty good and its held up fine.
  11. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

12. Reddog Husqvarna
    AA Class

13. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That's the infamous "Mr Bill" headlight setup.:lol:
  14. Vansmack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can you get any pictures of the spacer setup please? I like the H4 bulb idea, you can get them anywhere, easy to carry a spare, etc.
  15. socaltrailrider Husqvarna
    A Class

I liked the way Scooby retrofitted his OEM headlight, so I decided to do the same to mine. However, I started with a Baja Designs HID headlight and ordered a new OEM headlight mask from Dan & Ann at Motoxotica. It was a simple one hour job. Here's the install.

Here are the parts before I started. I picked up 2 nylon spacers from Lowes and 4 small rubber washers. I used the rubber washers on each side of the nylon spacer to add some stiction and help hold the light in position.

[IMG]

I drilled two holes in the tabs that the rubber straps attach to then drilled three holes for the HID module. You can see the nylon spacers and rubber washers between the mask tabs and the headlight. I left a little space between the headlight and the mask so I could rotate it slightly to adjust the beam.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Then I decided I wanted to mount my blinkers right to the mask so I took some light aluminum stock and drilled two holes, one to mount where the headlight bolts are and one to mount the blinker to.

[IMG]

[IMG]

All in all, it came out great. Thanks Scooby for the idea. By the way, you can buy the headlight lens from Baja Designs:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-600002/Headlight+Lens%2c+Bd
  16. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Scooby, do you have the adj. screw incorporated? Is the light staying put in adjustment?

Socal, curious to how yours does with the the light adj. with the 2 side bolts holding.

This sounds like the perfect mod. A 55/60w H4 light with the stock headlight plastics. :thumbsup:
  17. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    How are the stock shrouded lights with the BD retrofit holding up with the lights staying alligned?

I see the 2010's TE's are getting better lights. I wonder if that will be a affordable option comapared to the BD retofit?
  18. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I love it:applause:
  19. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

I tried to incorp the adj screw but couldn't because the housing of the stock headlight was a bit smaller the the aftermarket one. I've even endoed my bike and it still has not moved. Have about 1500 miles on that head light and it has moved one bit. My light is set up basically the same way as his,,,using 2 bolts that screw into the aftermarket headlight. I think its kind of nice knowing that I can get the bulb for the light just about anywhere...
  20. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    easy and inexpensive:

[IMG]