AF-XIED Beta for Husqvarna TR650

Discussion in 'TR650' started by drzcharlie, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Roger 04 RT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 (friend's)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    Nightrider is trying to identify R1200 Harness Adapter Cables with code "120314" on them. This code is located on the cable label on the last line. We have found a few of these cables that were wired "upside down" at the Control Unit end. Total effected harness Adapters is less than 28 units. Not all harness are incorrect. The most likely effected units would have been sold between 05-Dec-2014 and 01-Jun-2015

A visual check of wire colors should match between the Control Unit into the Harness Adapter.
    Incorrect wiring is Yellow, Red, Black on the Keyed (double notch) side of the white connector.
    Symptoms would be the AFXIED control unit showing only the yellow/green LED on solid after the units startup sequence and the engine running.

Any Rider with these cables can get a free exchange.

Effected bikes may be anything But R1150 and R1100. This includes R1200, F800, K-series, Husqvarna.

This can be published to the Forum(s).

--
    Nightrider Support
  2. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    So that was the problem with my AF-XIED then?
  3. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    I've been posting on AdvRider regarding my issues with my Strada and the AF-XIED that was installed after I'd been running one on my Terra. I've just been riding the Terra here in Idaho at 5k elevation with no issues other than the slight lag - non linear response to the throttle. I'll be back in Washington before the end of the month and will see if I have one of the faulty units on the Strada. It's been dieing at almost every stop, will die if the clutch is pulled in at roughly 2500 rpm and below, backfires on decel from 2500 rpm on down. And, in the 2000- 2500 rpm surges and bucks. It idles fine on restart. If the clutch is pulled in at 3000 rpm it drops to a normal idle. However, the only symptom that is significantly better when the AF-XIED is removed and the stock harness is restored is that the engine doesn't die -- the backfire still remains. I have none of these issues with the Terra. Both the Terra and the Strada have the cannisterectomy and Pod mod with the stock AIT sensor.
  4. Roger 04 RT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 (friend's)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    The note from Nightrider indicates a date range and maximum of a couple dozen affected units worldwide, but yours could be one of them. Nightrider seems to be trying hard to rectify this so if you have an issue, it makes sense to contact them.
  5. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    H
    He exchanged mine after I returned the failled unit to him some months agao
  6. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    Thanks for the follow up guys. I'll check it out when I get back and see about returning it to Nightrider. If nothing else, they can check it out to make sure it's either OK or faulty.