Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    There have been a few valid points made on the thread ... A cut could have been made about the ~125 page mark as one marker where something along the subject topic was addressed ...but then valid news was followed up by hare news ... Don't think it really matters as no lose of life occurred to my knowledge..

--

You can thank Ted Turner for the illusion of 24\7 news ...

--

I'll add one more thing on threads ...I'm sure Coffee, if no one else, is aware of some of the numbers about his site, such as thread count... This thread might have as many as ~20 topics in it other than the subject line. If those topics were brought to light in the proper place, maybe they in turn might generate new topics and new threads ... This all helps drive the web site in a positive manner and promotes it in a much better light ... ESP the business side. Takes self-discipline or jail-time for many to follow rules \ laws. Had enough of the latter so the former is easy for me follow, usually. And of course I had a job or 2 where email was big and it was essential to understand the subject matter of the email and response accordingly and only accordingly....
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

[IMG]
  3. David Howell Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 WR 250
    me too...could kick myself for gettin' rid of it:cry:
    justintendo likes this.
  4. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    NORDEN 901 CONCEPT.jpg

new HUSQVARNA 900 cc !
    PDL likes this.
  5. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    Husqvarna-2.jpg

new HUSQVARNA 2020
    frame blue
    150 cc !
    125 finish ??
  6. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I guess the title here is a bit misleading as Perrier's investment group purchased Husqvarna. I just happened to be on advrider.com lately which can be a pretty good source of news. It seems there has been some corporate he shuffling and now Husqvarna, GasGas, and Ktm have the same ownership and Bajaj has a piece of Husqvarna. Sorry for a link with no realistic author's name.

Pierer, Bajaj restructure ownership of KTM/Husqvarna/GasGas - Adventure Rider (advrider.com)
  7. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    KTM is a morally bankrupt corporation that goes around eating up companies, keeping their names and leaving a trail of workers and sometimes excellent product lines lying in the dust.
    The story is always the same at the point of the takeover...
    'We'll keep the identity of the company alive and continue to make separate products' - Translation, we'll put your stickers on our junk and tell you it's different.
    Many of us on this forum lived through loosing support for our bikes overnight when the orange demon took over, I had riding mates who had Husabergs at the same, so in a single announcement we all lost warranty, dealer and parts support.
    One friend lost his livelihood as he was a Husqvarna dealer and there was no offer to take on the KTMs at the time in Australia.
    It was actually for him a good thing in the end, after battling through, he took on Sherco and has twice been the top selling dealer in the country.
    Sherco is a family owned company with no designs on takeovers or politics. They saved what was left of Bultaco and even contained to build bikes in the same factory until much later when things were centralised in France. They don't talk of numbers built in a year, they talk about numbers of new family members added!
    This is why the company does so well.

Husaberg - A once proud company, dead overnight with a pen stroke.
    Husqvarna - A badge on a white KTM
    Gas Gas - A badge on a red KTM
    Who's next?
    rancher1 and GrooveThang like this.
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I dunno DM, but my next bike is going to be a Beta. I know that Kawi already announced that they are going all electric by 2035 and I imagine others will follow suit. We are lucky that we get to enjoy the end of being able to buy new internal combustion bikes though.
  9. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    No doubt there is some corporate virtue signalling at work here, but until we get a governor here in California that has a brain rather than just powerful connections in his family, the mandate for passenger cars and trucks in 2035 will certainly creep into other areas. Hell if I wanna buy a gas leaf blower I've only got to the end of the year I think.
  11. GrooveThang Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE

This is spot on! I refuse to buy another Austrian bike. I own a 2008 TE250 and a 2012 KTM 150xc. The XC is a disposable race bike. Fast but fragile. I’m buying a Beta or SWM next year or so and keeping the Husky.
    rancher1 likes this.