8th Annual NE Husky Gathering 2014

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by yaackles, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    9/5-6-7 is only a month away, so time to start getting ready! All the riding and bench racing you can stand, but the "Dog and Pony Show" will be pared down, this year. Joe and I are just a little too bogged down with... Work, family and racing commitments, to organize raffles, trophies and sadly T-Shirt Man is no longer with us.

The good news is.... a sweet trail loop, with some optional sections and what we always called the MX section, is now a real old school Scrambles/MX track. No jumps, but it will be nicely broken in, by the AHRMA NE Regional MX race 2 weeks before! Be prepared to blow up some berms!

So come and see Huskys of all ages and Countries Of Origin and some cool vintage bikes of all brands. Bring your own food and drinks. Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Grocery and other amenities, are just 3 miles down the road. Primitive camping and we'll have a group fire pit.

Looking forward to seeing the crew!
    LandofMotards likes this.
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

As Norm said.....we are going old schooll on this. Riding....riding...riding.....and bench racing. May even break out the 2 stroke Husky blender!
    Our beloved brand is in a transitional stage that is nebulous at best but hey.....Delong is leading the Natl enduro series and Fahringer is right behind him.

Is any one gonna be broken hearted about not much dog and pony and raffle bling? I know the shirts were for us by us but hey....the dude is dead.
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Would you like me to ask a buddy about hooking you up for shirts?...may not be a deal..but I can get some pricing for you??
    Norman Foley likes this.
  4. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just wore my sound of huskies shirt to my club meeting this week and got a few compliments. I'll miss having a new shirt, but totally understand not having one this year.

Looking forward to the weekend!!
    Norman Foley likes this.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Love the "Mika" shirt and the "Pantheon of Husky Heroes" shirt, but the "Sound of Huskies" shirt is the all time best! Somehow in my twisted little mind, I see the whole Musical being played out.... with Huskys and KTM's. :busted:
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norm....when you see the whole Musical being played out.... with Huskys and KTM's.....really.....dude.....when you dump the manure in the pile....do not eat any more of the little mushrooms that grow there
    fury1, LandofMotards and Norman Foley like this.
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ok
    Some updates to keep the faithful informed.
    No ribboned grass track this year as the big ass draft horses are ther and they will win a head to head despite having only 1 horsepower! Really those SOB's are huge! How Norm holds them and shoes them is beyond me. Before I digress......We got a tractor and brushog and saws and other tools of death that "greenies" hate and brought the old .8 mile long natural MX track back to life! All natural with alot of off camber to keep your right wrist focused. Nice and flowing with some up and down hill and some epic sweepers that will leave you giggling your ass off pinning it and sweeping like a pro.

There is a woods loop too. about 5 miles and becaue MX helps you go faster the mx part is included halfway though the loop. All arrowed and ribboned and as usual, top shelf.

Something new is Ben Smith, NJ AA rider as well as multiple time ISDE medal winner and USA junior team member has offered to do a riding school on Friday the 5th. Great entry level intermediate level school. I have taken it and my very next race saw massive improvements. 6 hours long and just 100 bucks! Yeah you heard that right. Class covers all from body position to basic skills and then moves on tou build on what you just got taught. hills, turns, rocks, tight, logs, all each seperateley then together all under his watchful eye. Up close and personal. Need to have 6 riders minimum. Who is in? Chime in now. No Bull so if you say your going and don't I will spread the word that you put orange plastic and graphics on your Husky! (Worse than saying you ride a KTM if you ask me)

Still have few last year sounds of Husky shirts that we will blow out this year at "caveman Prices"

The Logan family has been great to us over the years to use the little paradise. As a thanks we had Drew Smith at WER redo the rear shocks on Walters old 79 KTM 420
    they were thrashed and ugly. Drew fixed up nice all new inside and out! Heim joints, bushings, bumpers, and the neat preload adjusters that you dont need to dick around with that little frickin clip! New Genuine Ohlins Springs for walters larger but still fast and smooth frame. So we gonna give to him and say thanks and no excuses anymore for no being fast.

Looking nice and new

[IMG]

Cool preload adjusters and "Genuine" Ohlins Springs.....only the best for Walter

[IMG]

New heims, bushings, bumpers......got the hollywood spa treatment from Drew!

[IMG]

That said....bust out your any brand vintage Iron as well

See ya soon
    Norman Foley and LandofMotards like this.
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I WANT YOU
    [IMG]

YES......YOU. To Come to the North East Husky Gathering 5-7 September, 2014.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So far got 3 for Bens school on 5 September. Still not enough to run it. Need a few more. Runs from 9am to 3pm.....6 hours long and just 100 bucks! Can't beat that with a stick in the eye.

This guy did not go to Bens school
    [IMG]
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would love to do Ben's school, but can't get out of work on Friday. We'll be heading up early Saturday AM.
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

We got 4 for the school. (No dentist though)
  12. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    What's the address for this here "Party"
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2754 South Cortland Virgil Rd. 13045-8988 This is the address of the Logan Farm proper, on the east side of the road. The farm road up to event location, is on west side about a tenth of a mile south. It will be arrowed and ribboned . We have tried to use the road location, but it confuses mapping programs and takes you to another road further north.
  14. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

We will have plenty of arrows up as you get close and also we will have signs in braille for some of us real old guys
    rajobigguy and LandofMotards like this.
  15. VTtxc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310, 1987 WR 430 1987 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 Suzuki RMX,1980 Can-Am 400
    Joe,
    I am looking forward to this gathering and have not been there for the last couple of years. Is the side slope GP type course in place? Loved that! Will be bringing a fully restored XC 1987 430 to try barely ridden this year. I had the Can-Am 400 a few years ago there. A great time and I will see you soon! 24d_husky_03.jpg
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just had our first AHRMA MX/CC race this weekend, so course is primo!
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes it is and of course I remeber you. More so from the enduro in that picture. that grass track was a fun one after the rain. Same place and as norm said.....many vintage bikes just burned all that in on top of us brush hogging and grooming it....very nice! bring out that can am too.

Kara will be ther too taking great pictures like the one you posted above.

Joe
  18. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    I would love Bens school also I cant get out of work that whole weekend! Dam I am bummed next time
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK all

Just an update
    one bad news and much good news.
    Bad news is not enough takers for Bens school on friday so we must cancel and give him ample notice to not have to change his plans last minute.

Good news.
    1. Ahrma races were a success and the mx track (old school GP style) is nice and broke in. :banana:

2. Woods loop all burned in and we will include most of the mx track in the woods loop. Practicing MX does help for sure with woods riding. :applause:

3. Norm and I decided to go "old school" :oldman: less dog and pony. some due to shirt guy dyin but also get back to the roots and the fun. :notworthy:

4. This means "Husqvarna-care" is in effect. What is "Husqvarna-care"? :confused: Registration goes back to 2007 inaugural fee of $35! :thumbsup:

5. As usuual, all about the fun. no real schedule during the day. Meaning no mini competitions/prizes. Boo some may say :excuseme:
    But we will have some swag :busted: ......just not the hour long giveaway. :popcorn: Some may miss the plaques for the infamous Spectro grass track challenge as well as the reward of that fine petroleum products but we wanna try something different too.

6. Have some skill events for p.m. bench racing time frame and prizes. some bike oriented....others not. d

OKay thats it for now

sugestions? Comments? questions from newcomers? ideas from the "old Guard"? Someone suggested as live a feed from the event to something here but beyond my knowledge.

Joe
    Norman Foley likes this.
  20. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    I'd tune in......I really wish I could come up there but it's not in my cards this year either.