1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

'87 WR400/430 Tank Difference?

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by AdamN, Jun 4, 2018.

1. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC

neither of my aftermarket pipes moves the mount, unless the pipe is distorted pretty badly, as I recall if you put the bolt in backwards and it's too long it's possible to be an issue
    but the biggest there is too long of a bolt
    justintendo likes this.
  2. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Bolt was prob in backwards
  3. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    a very common problem on vintage, when people take them apart and lose the original fasteners, they go to the store and get replacements, usually longer ones, sometimes the wrong grade, so they put the longer one in, seem happy it's back together, lower the tank on, now, out of sight, they have an interference problem, years later it wears through and you now have a disaster
    when you replace a part that was not EXACTLY the same be sure no other part is affected, I can't tell you how many times I have seen this
    classic is someone asks you to look at their bike, since you work on your own that makes you the in house expert, so you replace a few parts with ones from another bike
    now I see it and the damage is deep, so off we go to find original parts or a remedy, all modifications should be seriously thought through
    ajcmbrown likes this.
  4. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    the clutch on my 400 was "ädjusted"with 12 spring washers at the cable:thinking: ....desperately trying to negate the effects of a litre of coolant in the gearbox:eek:
    ajcmbrown and 2premo like this.