1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

86 WR 400 clutch

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Eurofreak, Feb 18, 2017.

1. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    whoa thats alot...4-5mm is book spec.
  2. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    way too much
  3. ajcmbrown Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400WR 250WR 07 WR500 430AE 360AE
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 500CR Ducati Multistrada 1200S
    Yep, 3-4mm at the crank case lever is plenty.
    You need to adjust at the clutch pressure plate.
  4. disonny Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 360 wr/rt, 75 wr250 78 cr250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 wr250, 84 wr400
    I have a new cable on the bike, When I put it on, the lever adjustment was all the way out. I adjusted the clutch with adjustment at the center of the clutch. I got it adjusted so the lever adjustment is all the way in. I took the cable off and it has the 15mm play. If I get that down to 5mm I doubt I will be able to get the cable on. I will have to tinker with it this weekend.
    Maybe the cable is wrong?
  5. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    Thanks for all the responses. I've been sick so just getting back to this thread.
  6. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Getting the cable on often I have screwed the adjuster in pretty much as far as it goes, turn the lock ring on the adjuster at the lever so the slot is forward, put the cable sheath end at the slot, pull in the lever, let the lever out while pulling on the cable sheath which will allow it to come out enough to get it in the pocket at the end of the adjuster thing. Then adjust as needed. Aftermaket lever assemblies sold by genuine husky dealers telling me why pay more for stock have not worked out for me. The adjuster was not as long and the distance from the pocket for the cable end to where the threads for the adjuster start was less. The lever at the engine should be pretty close to a right angle to the cable inner wires.
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

uh....sometimes even with proper play at actuator arm there can be improper adjustment of pushrod. meaning too long and will not allow pressure plate to snug up to clutch pack in the basket and replicates slipping/worn plates. Check that as well. Have also seen this go unchecked and then "groove wear" of the pressure plate so it wears so much "meat" off contact area of pressure plate that it can never close the gap as it should even when properly set.

Just sayin

Joe
  8. disonny Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 360 wr/rt, 75 wr250 78 cr250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 wr250, 84 wr400
    The pressure plate looked good when I had it apart. Clutch pack measured good too. My adjuster rod at the clutch is about flush with the lock nut. Not sure if it's worn too much.

Dale
  9. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    Pulled mine apart. free play adjustment wrong,reset, checked spring height-4.4mm on tow, 4.1-4-25 on three. Added washers to preload, rode it, still slips. Fiber plates measure about 3mm. Ordering a new clutch set