1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

83 CR500, here begineth the lesson

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Wildebeest90210, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

New bits to repair backfire damage. Got to find the bits in the gearbox now. And, should I drill the new gear the same as the old one? I think so, I have to mod it with the bush in it anyway.

DSC04844.JPG DSC04843.JPG DSC04840.JPG

But best of all I measured up and can get a 150 dunlop mutant on in the same space as that crappy 140 distanzia. So off with the old boots and on with the best supermoto tyre available.
    And, got these cheap ass 80's style gloves from the US for Husky riding today, I bet they last for ever and only $7. I love them, good day!

DSC04845.JPG
  2. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The ex-R6 mudguard is now transformed. Just waiting for the machining to be done to hang it !! P'd off that I can't do it myself and am depending on others.

100_4189.JPG
    100_4188.JPG
    adam6402 likes this.
  3. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Hey Joe, how is the "body work " going, you healing up ok?
  4. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Been worse. Looking forward to some xmas physio to exercise the arm muscles :cheers: . Looking even more to stretching the legs on this machine and sharing some videos of my favorite country roads including angry ramblers and associated anti Husky folk. Must be heating up down there, cicadas singing christmas carols yet?
  5. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Flat out chorus as I type, 37 degrees today then a storm and hopefully some rain.....redid the dam on the block we want to build on to fix a leak and barely a drop has fallen since:cry: have a "best as possible under the circumstances" merry xmas.... cheers
  6. adam6402 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
  7. adam6402 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
  8. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, thats pretty much what it was like. The mountains of rural Oxfordshire are second to none and gnarly as. I'm lucky to be alive for sure !
  9. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

This will be my second from last post on this thread (give or take). The final piece of the jigsaw is here to hang the mudguard and apart from remedial work on the kickstart the bike is finished. I will take some proper pics of the whole bike and post them on 'post up pics' on christmas day during the Queens speech. I will also be making an Oscar style acceptance speech to thank everyone thats so long I may have to start a seperate thread (I may be slightly tipsy of course).
    I have the next project ready to go, now where can I lay my hands on an LC500 motor...any condition....?

DSC04909.JPG DSC04910.JPG
  10. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

There is a strange blinding ball of light in the sky thats not been seen for some months. The Husky is kicking the freshly fettled KTM out of the man cave. The Katoom had oil, filters,screens cleaned (just as important as your favorite bong on a ktm), and tappets, waiting for its Vertemati gold Ti nitride forks to come back from service. The Husky is to be prepped for MOT test, got the insurance sorted. It's now sporting a titanium sidestand, doesn't everyone have one?
    It's going to be a good year, and what a pair to play with! Possibly the best since Lucy Pinder, a link here for non UK residents. She's big in the UK, in fact quite large in other places.

http://www.slingersdc.com/?p=496

DSC05164.JPG
    jimspac, White Husky and Freaky like this.
  11. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Nice work o'l mate, now hurry and enjoy before the blinding light goes "boom" like that one in russia:lol:
  12. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just sticking these up cos I'm just so pissed off with the wet shitty snow we're getting at the end of fecking March! I want to make videos of me getting too inimate with hedgerows due to a stupid decision to keep the drum brake. Stuck with a fully ready bike and shite weather. It's enough to drive you to drink..hmm, good idea.:cheers:

DSC05296.JPG
    DSC05301.JPG
  13. adam6402 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    I like the gremlin! Not exactly 80's BMX though.
  14. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

And Gremlins was 1984, should have checked first!
  15. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    I know how you feel. In the past few weeks here in Connecticut we had had 55°-60°F days interspersed with 2-1/2 feet of white, wet accumulation
  16. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Ive just spent 2 days flogging around the mountains (ok ok we call them mountains...) in clouds of fecking dust, sweating like a porky pig.... 29 degrees (c);) the worlds gone crazy .... again....
  17. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

suprize and husqyman like this.
  18. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Is that a shadow? it isnt sunny is it?? GLOBAL Warming!!! is real:)
  19. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Still only 4 degrees with an arctic wind though ! :(
  20. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Blame the jetstream ol mate, its the reason your nuts are still frozen solid and im still sweating in April!
    Got my new alloy billet clutch cover today --Woo Hoo just need to swap the kickstart over... shit :eek: where did that spring go???:confused: