1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

83 CR500, here begineth the lesson

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Wildebeest90210, Dec 31, 2011.

1. husqyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 XC430, 1987 250WR.
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 955i
    Dont touch anything without a motor they are way to dangerous, sod keeping fit pass me another beer, or TWO :cheers:
  2. husqyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 XC430, 1987 250WR.
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 955i
    On another track. I hope everything is OK and you heal OK:thumbsup:
  3. dukkman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85/WR 400,86/WR 240,83/430 is mates
    Other Motorcycles:
    69@71/TS90-76/TS100-72/DKW-78/PE
    Those scapulars can sting especially if the so called doctor says it's only a sprain and lets the thing heal crooked.
    Never gave me my money back either.:cry:
  4. troublemaker Husqvarna
    A Class

Damn dude,sorry to hear this,get better soon Joe.
    Now,ship the Husky over here so I can break it in for you.....:cheers:
  5. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Fatal mistake not to have a motor... the lack of speed means your trajectory into the ground is direct and hard!. Converted motorcyclists continue to stack mtb's with alarming regularity! the failure of the MTB to respond to twisting the right wrist in uncontrolled situations leads to the above! Beware of motorless bikes.
    I waited many years to be able to ride one with a motor and i cant understand why you would want to have to pedal the blo*dy things again beats me....:)

Hey Joe (could be a good song i rekon..?..) take it easy and heal well as its getting harder to do...
  6. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lessons learnt;
    Mountain bikes more dangerous than motorcycles.
    As well as the evidence above, in 30 +years of both this is my worst injury and believe me I've done some really stupid things on both. But, while drunk I've had really bad pushbike accidents and walked. I cite being towed by a tuktuk at 20mph, being passed a beer and crossing up, bounced hard on chest and never splilt a drop. Minor abrasions, carried on drinking.
    So, pushbikes fine when shitfaced but not for serious lycra wearing nob ends. Offroad riding needs an engine.
    Exercise is dangerous and counterproductive.
    The only two young(ish) fellers on the ward was me and a guy whose leg had been snapped like a matchstick and hip dislocated by a piece of gym equipment coming off the wall and nearly killing him. The surgeon, plump and healthy looking, laughed and said 'I'll add that to the long list of gyms I'll never be visiting'.
    Austrailians don't feel pain. i.e. Dukkman scapular breaks can 'sting' a little.
    I initially felt a little wussy about this cause mine hurt like f u c k, but then realised that in a country where a 'sting' (box jellyfish amongst others) can kill you I see it's all relative and an Aussie would have sworn just as much but just felt luckier that nothing waiting in the bush had killed him thus lessening the seriousness of injury. The worst that could have happened to me is maybe falling on a sleeping hedgehog.

Finally Freaky, not thought of waxing but might go for the Husky H shaved. I've got a bit of time on my hands.
  7. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    Finally Freaky, not thought of waxing but might go for the Husky H shaved. I've got a bit of time on my hands.

That would make a seriously good picture for your avatar Joe ! Go on ..... you know you want to ;)
    I now have a few days of not being allowed to do too much that involves walking or moving too much. Had a chat with a man with two bricks this afternoon.
    I guess riding the bikes will be out for a few days :lol: Teeny bit sore.......
  8. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yow, the cruellest cut of all.
  9. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Hey joe, did riding that husky put that hair on your chest? Maybe you can repaint that white pipe with your down time. I think It should be black but I also like the freedoms of building it to please yourself. Can you take off the sweater so we can see the injury......just kidding my friend I hope you recover quickly & fully.
  10. dukkman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85/WR 400,86/WR 240,83/430 is mates
    Other Motorcycles:
    69@71/TS90-76/TS100-72/DKW-78/PE
    If it makes you feel better Wilde that broken scapula of mine still stings 40years later.:eek:
  11. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    Oooohhhh I was forced kicking and screaming into this balbaric procedure a few years back, it's frightening what you'll do when sex starved!! That first injection is shocking, i've never screamed that loud silently in my head and cried so much but shed no tears!!!
  12. troublemaker Husqvarna
    A Class

You guy's owe me a new laptop,I just spit my drink all over my keyboard laughing.
  13. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Ouch i can feel them pulling there way back up. But im sorry i had to laugh.
  14. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

On the brightside though, you should be able to retract them for the big jumps and hard braking now, just like a Shaolin monk. My shoulder feels way better thanks to you and Grouty by the way.
    Freaky likes this.
  15. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    i thought it was easy until i realised the nurse holding the turkey bits out of the way was a mates sister!!!

little hard make up stories that afternoon...:eek:
  16. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

17. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Plastic tank model would be nicer but its one sweet unit. ol mate will be beside himself when i flick this to him....
  18. Bengt Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Joe, that is a seriously hairy chest, but as they say in the Fosters advert "Waxing is for cars"...

Where did you do that and how did you do that to get such a complete set of injuries..?

Are you going to be fit to ride at the World Twinshocks meeting at Farleigh next year ?

Get well soon.

Steve
  19. Wildebeest90210 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I never waxed a car, but then I never paid more than £500 for a car. The complete set of injuries comes from the SPD (Shimano Pedaling Dynamics) system . If you were on a motorcycle on a fast down hill corner that leg would be out ready. Not with those stupid fookin pedals ! Never again. Working on the bike again though, should be ready for the first Prescott hillclimb... get some 17" stickies on !!! Could swap my wheels out on the day...
  20. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Bit of therapy ol mate, get you back into mental gear asap... keep at it