1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

79 or 390 resurection

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by patgas, Apr 3, 2010.

1. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

getting there

well guys after bit of a wait my exhaust arrived today, fitted a treat and really looks good very happy with it,so thought i would post couple of pics.

Attached Files:

2. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Damn nice job on the pipe. Looks great!!
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sweet job on the bike. :thumbsup:
  4. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

nearly done

thanks for your encouraging coments cant wait to get it finished,really happy with outcome so far hope it goes as well as it looks.
  5. HuskyT Moderator

That pipe looks amazing. Where can I buy one or give me your address so I can break into your garage and steal that one!!!:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

T
  6. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

not far from you

its a circle f pipe,shipped over from us superb quality and really looks the dogs danglies.:cheers:
  7. Murph Husqvarna
    AA Class

I didn't think Circle F did pipes for later 70s Huskies. They don't list one on their website (or am I missing something?). Was it a one-off?

It certainly looks the biz, although I think the silencer would look better just a little bit shorter.

Would you mind sending me a PM letting me know how much it cost?

8. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

Silencer

think it may be one off as didnt see any listed and the silencer is very short allready if you look its only just little shorter than number board so any smaller and would look bit silly.
  9. Murph Husqvarna
    AA Class

You're right, having taken a closer look it does look the right length for the bike. :cool:

I will bear this in mind if I decide ever to relace the pipe on mine. Circle F seem to have a good reputation. Was it pricey compared to others?
  10. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

no was good price

worked out about £275 all in,just been dropped major bombshell on my build the tank i left a deposit on 5 months ago was told this morning that chrome wasnt good enough for resto,missed umpteen tanks on ebay over last few months really pissed of that this wasnt looked at before was allso told severall times it was stripped and ready for paint gutted.:censored:
  11. HuskyT Moderator

Tanks

Wow.... sounds like me.... I have had my tank with a friend now for exactly one year.... promised me a great restoration job....thru his work... keeps telling me the tank is done and looks great for the last eigh months.... now the fffr doesn't return my calls now and he no longer works at the shop .... his wife has taken off with a a dude from Facebook ..... I'm screwed... looking for a new tank now.

T
  12. Trailridernut Husqvarna
    A Class

I think there may be 1 tank for the late 70's remaining in my collection - it would be an auto/wr tank that would need paint, not sure of the chrome(I think it's ok...)... repainted it would be around $300...
  13. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

end is near

well guys fitted the last bit of plastic to the bike today number board,managed to cut some self adhesive heatproof matting to inside to fit onto exhaust and fitted using some nice stainless cap allens and washers.

Attached Files:

14. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

sourced a sprocket cover

well managed to find a sprocket cover,sure these where cut down by dealers from new as in manuall only lists 3 bolts and there is actuall 4 in case,but in one piece with all four bolts in you couldnt get it off without removing engine (design fault)and all the ones i hav seen are this shape ,if any one knows ant different please say.so i have blasted to remove old paint rubbed any imperfections out with emery cloth and filled with liquid metal will leave over night to harden before flatting off ready for paint.

Attached Files:

15. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

little more progress

well managed to get magura style kill switch wired in today,i decided to sleeve some single wire in heat shrink to give it a bit of protection,and allso after searching for a bar bad,wich is probally more 80s but i like it,got some 15mm x 25mm pipe insulation ang got one made locally on some old style black vinyl,

Attached Files:

16. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

nearly there

unfortunatly wont be finished for any vintage events this year so will just have to put her in the dining room for winter ha ha wife would love that.but today she will be complete and tomorrow weather permitting she will run :applause:.fuel,oil,chain and sprocket and shes ready will keep you informed of progress.
  17. Murph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Pat, what did you end up doing for the tank? I recall you were having some trouble with your original one. There is a nice unpainted alloy one on ebay at the moment if you are still not sorted.

Please post a few pics of it when it is totally finished. It looks like you have done a great job of the bike!
  18. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

tank

managed to get one from rick horvat wasnt cheap and isnt 100% perfect but still good and pretty near, but trying to find a absolute perfect 31 year old steel tank is pretty impossible unless you go nos the they are mega money,and will hopefully have some finished pics tomorrow and get her running for first time. need to put standard jets back in as they are 360 main or something so when thats done nearly there.
  19. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

well guys shes pretty much finished what do you think ?

few teething problems and shes done the words vintage iron seem to be very true for the outcome of this build.

Attached Files:

20. White Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Congratulations patgas, it looks superb. You should be very proud.

What a great backdrop also. Don't tell me that's your riding ground? I'll be very jealous if it is!