7602 Racing's new shop.

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Colo moto, Sep 29, 2014.

1. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Ummmm, you just described my dream job.;)
    Jimmy250, bax3 and Huskynoobee like this.
  2. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Sounds Awesome! One of these days! and If I were close I would test ride for free as well!
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    overtime in Brats?
    Jimmy250 likes this.
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Well since I was born and raised in Wisconsin, that's music to my ears. I'll swing by Monday and drop off my resume.
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    haha sounds good. Make sure to bring that 501. I might need to scare myself a little.
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    If you ever do make it out this way give us a heads up so we can plan a good ride.
    Jimmy250 likes this.
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I have an Uncle that lives in Florissant and a cousin in Denver so I get out that way every year. I plan to make it out next Spring and should have the 501 along this time. I may get in touch ahead of time to set aside some time to check out some single track in your area. The 501 is smooth and easy to ride but she pulls hard all the way to the top and will go as fast as you have the balls to go. 95 and I'm crapping my shorts... Things get pretty blurry at that speed.:busted:
    Ken Hynes and LandofMotards like this.
  8. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Few pics of the shop floor finally painted. Between the walls and the floor it was a solid 4 days of painting probably. I hate painting to begin with, but now I hate it even more. haha.

Every shop I have ever worked in had dull, grey floors. I always thought having a bright cheerful colored floor would be nice. So Bright and cheerful is what I set out to do. Hopefully this will help keep the mood upbeat when no one feels like working. The shop is ready to be moved into now. There are still a few things to finish like framing up the offices and building benches, but those can be done once we are in. We are producing another run of KTM/Husky rad braces, Husky disc guards and KTM/Husky brake pedal tips so we can be well stocked up before we move the heavy equipment. Once we cut those out and ship them off to anodize its moving time.... finally.

Copy of DSC01236.JPG Copy of DSC01237.JPG Copy of DSC01239.JPG
  9. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Good energy coming from in there!
    Colo moto likes this.
  10. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    That floor is fantastic! Creating your own custom work atmosphere shows that you truly are your own man Clay. Well done.

I got rid of a bike today that had a few 7602 trinkets on it. :( Good news is that I have a new bike that will need shinny new ones! :D
    Colo moto and LandofMotards like this.
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    ...and why didn't i know anything about this?!?! Lol
    chickabee likes this.
  12. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks. I don't know about all that my own man part, but I'll try. Better ask my wife first.

What is the new bike? Is it red or blue?
  13. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS

Well maybe it isn't so new after all. It is the 2014 orange bike under my avatar. Still seems new to me since I am still trying to figure out how to ride it.:)

Trust me LoM, you will be the first to know if I get a brand new bike. :thumbsup:

My wife said I could post this providing she is the first to know if I get a brand new bike. :D
    chickabee and LandofMotards like this.
  14. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Man that floor is sure groovy. You could always open up one of those special dispensaries if the bike parts business slows down(Que John Denver and rocky mountain high)...:p
  15. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I've had an orange bike for a couple of years now, and I'm still trying to figure out how to ride it. I sure miss my TXC 250. :cry:
    FabOneUp likes this.
  16. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Sure would make a lot more money that way, that's for sure.
  17. JRW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Tiger 800 XC
    Looks like a nice place to work. Ride the TE to work, ride trails at lunch. Bet your employees feel like slaves. ;)

No open dirt around me, have to drive at least 45 minutes just to get to a private park or national forest OHV trail. Lots of good stuff around me, I just don't live on top of it.

Envious...
    Colo moto likes this.
  18. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    We got out of the last shop just in time. Our old shop was an abandoned movie theater that was converted into an auto shop. We moved in there after the auto shop went under and were there from 2006-2014. The old movie theater had the street front converted into a liquor store and a laundromat. There were 3 apartments upstairs where the projector room used to be. Right next door there was an apartment complex that had expanded all the way to my old building, the theater. Last week the apartment complex caught fire and spread throughout the entire building and my old shop. A buddy called me to let me know my old shop was going up in flames, so I went into town to check it out. I gotta say even though I was completely out of there it was still heart breaking watching a place where I got my start and spent so much time burn to the ground. Not to mention all the people who lost everything in the fire. My heart goes out to all of them who now have nothing. I am counting my lucky stars that 7602 Racing wasn't still in that building.

View of the East wall. The concrete entry way for the garage door can be seen near the bottom right. About where the tan wall meets the rubble. My office area used to be straight through the main garage. It's just on the other side of the large pile of rubble in the center.

DSC01277 - Copy.JPG

DSC01278 - Copy.JPG

DSC01279 - Copy.JPG
  19. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    kinda cool how the fire piled it all up like that makes it ez for the dozer guy:eek:
  20. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    They brought in a huge excavator to tear into the building while the fire was still going. They were piling the rubble as it was burning and dousing it all.