7602 Racing's new shop.

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Colo moto, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    We will be closing up for about 2 weeks (SEPTEMBER 30TH-OCTOBER 13TH 2014) while we get the last details of the new shop build/worked out and move our entire inventory and all our equipment. We have been building the new shop for a few months now, and it is that time to make the switch from old to new. Our new shop will allow us to improve our manufacturing capabilities as well as provide the much needed room to grow that our current location lacks.

Our website will remain open and fully functional during this time, but we will not be shipping regularly like we do now. We will ship orders when/if we can, but please don't count on it. We will resume regular shipping October 13th. I apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause some of you. Believe me, this is not how I wanted to make the move, but I can only be in so many places at once and it is just easiest to focus on the last details of the new shop and then the move without trying to be in the office answering phones and emails at the same time.

Thank you all for your support and business that is allowing for us to upgrade to a much better location.

Clay Hamilton
  2. firecrackerkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390 OR, 84 250WR, 83 175WR
    Pics of new shop?
  3. JRW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Tiger 800 XC
    Congrats! :applause:
    Colo moto likes this.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Well the title of this thread sucked lol. Congrats on the new place
  5. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, had me sweatin!!!
    Colo moto and shawbagga like this.
  6. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    DANG BOUT HADA :censored: STROKE:eek:
    Colo moto likes this.
  7. tunp Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE610, 13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990, 02 FLHTPI HD
    bugger, I was sweating it too from that title
    Colo moto likes this.
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Clever way to sucker us in. Congrats!
    Colo moto likes this.
  9. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Well deserved growth on your part Clay.. Excellent product at great pricing and work.. Congrates..
    Colo moto likes this.
  10. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks for all the support guys and gals. It's been a very crazy last few weeks. Both in my personal live and business life. Turns out the 2 weeks I set aside to make the move wasn't quite enough to get it all done. Haha, oh well, such is life I guess. We hit a few snags in the final construction that prevented us from moving all equipment and inventory to the new shop. We will get all that moved in the next couple weeks I hope. A little at a time vs all at once like I had planned. Right now I am planning on being completely moved into the new shop by early November.

For now, here are a few pics of the construction. The new shop is about 2400 square feet, which isn't huge by any means, but is far better than the makeshift abandoned movie theater we have been in since we opened.

Pic of the radiant floor heat tubing. This is about 3200 feet of tubing zig zagging back and forth. There will be evacuated tube solar collectors on the roof that will heat fluid that will circulate throughout the tubes. With as much sunshine as we get here it should be possible to heat the entire shop with only solar. No electric or gas heaters at all.

Copy of DSC01180.JPG

Picture of the bare concrete slab. Not too exciting by itself really. All the land to those trees in the background is ours so eventually there will be a track or 3 out there. That will probably go in this spring after the ground thaws.

Copy of DSC01193.JPG

Finished outside view of the south side. Lots of windows for free light, and I just plain like being able to see outside and not feel like I'm trapped inside all day.

Copy of DSC01218.JPG

Looking out the main shop door to the east. Unfinished walls in this pic, they are now insulated and finished off. Spray foam insulation throughout should be quite nice. Everyone I know who has had it seems to love it. I guess we'll see.

Copy of DSC01221.JPG

Thanks for looking. I'll post up more pics when later of the finished shop.
  11. JRW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Tiger 800 XC
    Wow, a big building full of motorcycles and parts, land outside to ride on and beautiful scenery. Living the dream there. :applause:
    Centerline and Colo moto like this.
  12. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    I'm seeing a trip to Colorado in the future.. lol
    Colo moto likes this.
  13. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Are you going to have a showroom at the new location or is it going to be just mail order as usual? The heated floor is going to be awesome……can't wait to see more!

That mountain out your east door brings back some great memories of riding the Taos Plateau. :thinking:
    Colo moto likes this.
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Couple of cattle n some chickens and its damn near Loretta Lynn's west.
    Centerline and Colo moto like this.
  15. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

Come on out! I've been burning in some single track in those hills to the east. Should have a pretty good loop put together by next summer.
    Centerline and LandofMotards like this.
  16. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    No plans for a show room. Being in such a small town we rarely get someone walking in looking for parts. We'll just stick to mail order for now. Although you're always welcome to pop in and browse around.
  17. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    That Awesome, would love to make it there one day!
  18. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Come on out! There's plenty of riding to be had. Within 5 miles of the shop there are endless miles of desert terrain single and 2 track to be ridden. About a 30 minute drive away the mountain trails begin where you can ride up to 13,000ft if you wish.
    Centerline likes this.
  19. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    You guys hiring? Maybe a change of pace would be refreshing...:cool:

You could use my bike as a display since it has a bunch of your parts on it:D
    LAHuskyrider likes this.
  20. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    If you are willing to be a test rider and work for beer and free parts, then yes. You're hired.