6th Annual 2012 North East Husky Gathering

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by Joe Chod, Apr 11, 2012.

1. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Joe,
    It's a 3day event right?, what's scheduled for each day? not sure which day i'd be able to attend.

Husky John
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It's a 2 day event on Saturday and Sunday with camping Friday night.... No riding Friday, on the set up day.

Not super rigid.....
    Saturday: Sign up will open at 8:00 AM, trail opens at 9:00 AM and closes at 6:00 PM, Husky Demo Rides start at 10:00 AM and end at 6:00 PM. Grass Track Events and Poker Run start at 3:00 PM. Awards and Raffles at conclusion of events. Evening camp fire and we'll BQ some dinner and watch 2011 Finland ISDE on big screen.

Sunday: Trail opens at 8:00 AM and will close at 3:00PM. Husky Demo Rides 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
  3. schoops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 YZF-R 600
    Joe - is there water/food at the site or do you pretty much have to come self sufficient?
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You should plan to be self sufficient, as no water is available on the hill. We plan to have some chicken and burger for Saturday evening, but no food otherwise. There is a Walmart Super Center 3 miles away.
  5. schoops Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 YZF-R 600
    Thanks, hope I can make it...
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Was just updating the event info for North East Husky Gathering on facebook with pics of this years event T shirt and it is a Husky Legends theme with pics from Malcom to Juha and who chimes in with a "Like"? Mike Melton , 1983 Husky mounted US National Enduro Champion. He said he was honored that some remmebered him fom then and it was some of the most fun times of his life. Pretty Cool.
    Ruffus and wallybean like this.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Hope all you guys have a great time. Can't wait to see reports, pics, and video evidence. :)
  8. Biggziff Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R, 500 EXC, 1970 Suzuki T250
    Looks like we'll be there Sat and Sun. I'm bringing one guy with not much trail experience and a 1984 XR250 on Sat and a more experienced guy with a DRZ on Sunday. Looking forward to it!
  9. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Screw racing!

I'll be there Sat....I can pick up my old tire..still got it right?

Can you send me the directions?

Rich
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK Rich (and others)

From the north, north east, north west (a.k.a. coming in from NYS Thruway):
    NY State Thruway (eastbound or westbound) to I-81 South, I -81 South to exit 12, US Rt 11/Rt41 (stay left at fork in offramp), left onto Rt 281/W Homer rd (follow Rt 281), BTW, 281 becomes rt 13, and after about 4.6 miles turn left onto S Cortland Virgil Rd and go 2 miles up road to field turnoff on right (downhill).
    From the South, south east, and south west (a.k.a. coming in 17/86, I 88, I 84, I 78, I 76) ( far west I 86 will “cut the corner” Rt 13 and head through Ithaca from around Horseheads/Elmira):
    I-81 North to exit 9, Rt 221, then left at end of ramp onto 221, 1st right onto US 11 for 4 miles, left onto Rt 392 and go for 7 miles (Greek Peak ski resort is about halfway), through town of Virgil 392 bears left and W State rd goes straight; stay straight onto W State Rd., go about ¼ mile and after right bend make slight right onto S Cortland Virgil Rd and go 2 miles up road to field turnoff on your left(downhill).
    Arrows will be up but how far back to 81 honestly depends on how much time we got. Definitely will be up at ends of S Cortland Virgil Rd and field turnoff.

BTW Mapquest and other types of navigational aides can use 2754 S. Cortland Virgil Rd, Cortland, NY 13045 for reference in getting there
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Rich,
    Plan on receiving your old tire with a set of driving directions pinned to it at the event. :thumbsup: What we pin that to is questionable! :excuseme:
  12. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    looks like i won't be able to attend the Husky Gathering :cry: because i'm going to pick up 2 1982 Dick Burleson Replica's , for a steal $ :applause: & they won't be there, if i hesitate. Have Fun Boys :cheers:.

Husky John
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great stuff guys, have fun ! Take lots of pix for us that can't be there.
  14. Biggziff Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some pics I took today. We had a blast. Coming back up tomorrow bright and early

[IMG]

We were parked right next to Andy Powers and his Dad Steve. Great people and Andy can fly on his bike.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

My buddy Chris on his second ever trail ride....he did great despite riding a 28 yr old XR250R. I think he's hooked.
    [IMG]

Some old fat wannabe dude we found in the woods

[IMG]

Demo rides for all!
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]

Mr. Ed says Hi.

[IMG][IMG]

Joe did a hell of a job running the show.

[IMG]
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice, thanks for sharing. Looks like a beautiful place.
  16. Biggziff Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's a genuine paradise there. The landowner is very generous and the folks that setup the course did a fantastic job of marking the trails and making sure no one got into trouble.

We're heading back up now!
  17. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Had a great time, wish I could have stayed longer.
    Now I gotta run to my fathers Bday party. Can't wait to see all the pic's.

Great people all around & made some new friends.

Thanks Joe, Norm, for putting this all together. And Walter for offering up his land for to happen. Awesome trails! :thumbsup:

P.S. rode the new TE511 for a bit. Man, that bike is smooth & much less top heavy than my 06 510.
  18. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

heres a few more photos

almost there!

[IMG]

we have arrived!!

[IMG]

ready to ride!![IMG]

thanks to fred and the husky crew for the demo rides!![IMG]

take your pick!![IMG]

joes retro graphics!![IMG]

[IMG]
    uh oh here comes the rum!!

[IMG]
    wouldnt be a husky gathering without the blender running!!

thanks to all who worked their tails off to make it happen...i had a blast as usual..even though i dont have a husky right now,you continue to treat me as family!!
  19. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

oh ya the new TXC 310 is amazing...100% difference from my 2010 TE 250...would actually consider getting one after the test ride!
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks to all for coming this year! I was up on the hill until almost dark doing clean up and visiting with our ever gracious landowner Walter Logan. Walter was very stoked to ride the TXC 310 and might be on a new Husky again, for the first time since his '99 WR360 10 plus years ago.

A big thanks to Fred Hoess and Husqvarna for the Demo rides and all the support of the Gathering this year. Also, to all our sponsors for all the cool swag to raffle off!

It's a lot of work, but so worth it when you see all the smiling Husky riders!
    Coffee and Ruffus like this.