6th Annual 2012 North East Husky Gathering

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by Joe Chod, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The Northeast Husky Gathering is coming at ya’ soon! Weather has been playing havoc for late August-early September in NY the past few years with hurricanes and the like so we will try something a bit different this year. Mark your calendars......tell the boss you won't be in.....pack the gear and bikes! This year’s event will be held 29 June thru 1 July 2012. For those who are unaware of this annual event as it goes into its sixth year, it is a get-together of Husqvarna owners and riders as well as vintage riders The bikes...not always the riders..... LOL).
    [IMG]
    The location is at the farmiliar spot in Cortland, N.Y. (Arrows will be up on event days to facilitate guiding the Husky faithful) There is ample level parking.

There is an old school ribboned and bannered grass track MX Scrambles style track as well as a lengthy arrowed Enduro trail loop. You will meet good people to ride with and have an all-around good time. There's a huge raffle, with lots of stuff from event sponsors, including riding gear, bike 'bling' & accessories, and gift certificates. The Gathering is strictly for fun, not for profit. Proceeds from the event will help support Team USA riders efforts at the 87th I.S.D.E in Germany in September 2012.
    [IMG]
    You need to bring at least one Husqvarna or an any make vintage bike. (All non- water cooled non disc are welcome…if in doubt about what is vintage…ask us…we are lenient!) (Other modern makes ridden by a friend or family members are OK, as long as a “Sponsor” with a Husky or vintage is in attendance.) There is a vintage bike parade lap, a lot of Free riding and some scheduled fun events (accell/brake test, grass track challenge, vintage bike show, oldest bike, furthest travelled, mystery lap time pool, and other events!) Due to us Husky guys being a little older, many bring their spouse and/or girlfriend. Maico Man may even show again!
    [IMG]
    More details to follow and lets talk it up now.

Joe and Norm
    (seen below straining to read pilot jets or raffle ticket numbers...I am old and can't remember which it was and Norm forgot his "cheaters" were on his head! :oldman: )
    [IMG]
    wallybean, Ruffus and Coffee like this.
  2. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    Sounds like fun! If there is no racing going on that weekend, we are in!!
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It's not confirmed yet, but Husky NA Rep Fred Hoess is trying to get Husky's new demo trailer for the National DS Series, to come the the Gathering this year.
  4. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Count me in. Might be bringing another Husky local. :thumbsup: :cheers:
  5. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i will be there...and ill be sure to bring my own husky(hopefully!!)
    ill make sure Crem is in as well!!
  6. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah Boyz!

I am marking the calendar !
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You guys make me sick with your summer fun while some of us work every day so a bunch of golfers can go on being completely frustrated with their lack of talent. Ok, I am just pouting because I can't make it.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Walt,
    You can't get a couple of days off? We'll fix you up with a bike and everything!
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Days off......:lol: May to end of September there is no such thing. I do have a virtually gauranteed 3 months off a year every winter.
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wally,
    Got a replacement all lined up to fill in for you at work for a couple of days

[IMG]
    Coffee, wallybean, Bill502 and 2 others like this.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did some Husky Gathering Pre-Riding today......

[IMG]
    Motosportz and wallybean like this.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The sick thing is we have one of those "Rodenators", that gives a whole new meaning to controlled explosive devices. Look it up on google and believe me when I say that none of their demo vids do it justice. I can wake the dead 20 miles away with that thing.
  13. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    I think the one to the far right might be feeling a littel sick!! haha!
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Fred confirmed that the "Husky Performance Center" demo trailer will be at the Husky Gathering. This is the same trailer that wiill be providing demo rides for the Husqvarna National Dual Sports Series.
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ruffus likes this.
  16. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

This is devastating,that date is the craziest weekend of the year for my job,I feel for you Walt,I would need a letter from the Surgeon General and a MRI etc. to pull it off,any other weekend would have worked,bummer.
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just got some more details. All of the folks should be very pleased to welcome the Husqvarna Performance Team to the 6th annual North East Husky Gathering. This is the same team that attends the AMA Husqvarna National Dual-Sport Series. They will have on hand this year 9 various demo bikes to try. Thinking about buying a Husky? Try one out for size. It doesn’t get any better than that. All displacement sizes from 250 to 511.
  18. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Weather report looks like the 90 + temps we are having here will go to mid 70s for the event weekend. More better.
    As usual we will have the riding skills events and the bike show (peoples choice) on saturday afternoon. Get there early and get some practice in and shake off the cobwebs. (For those that have come before, the competition is not any competition at all but more about the fun and awards are plentiful so no requirements to bring your "must win" game face.
    A litle sneak preview on this years shirt designs.....yep...you heard right....2 different designs. Could not decide between old or recent so did both and all attendees will have a choice of their complimentary shirt until 1 design is out (so come early) Sunday all leftovers will be for sale in the event you are like us and could not decide which you liked better!
    For new/recent, Norm and I are big fans of the World Enduro as well as our own USA series and with the passing of Mika Ahola....one of he greatest of all time, we wanted to do a tribute to the "Wolf". From his Husky mounted 2005 season in all it's full color splendor......
    2012_nehg_ahola_wrk copy.jpg

And for the "Old at Heart" and for our faithful "vintage crowd" (the bikes....not the owners....well maybe both:lol: we went with a "Husky legends" theme.

2012_nehg_group_wrk copy.jpg

The back of both has our event sponsors who supported us over the years and continue to. Many are sponsors here as well and in these tough economic times, all kudos go out to them and please support them because without their support, the event would lose some of that "family" flavor and the fact that we Husky owners are unique and hardcore.

See you all soon and lets show the Husky demo team and their bikes what we can do and what we like.
    Fred Hoess will be there and let us not forget that the proceeds go to help him on his quest at this years ISDE.

Joe
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The back of both has our event sponsors who supported us over the years and continue to. Many are sponsors here as well and in these tough economic times, all kudos go out to them and please support them because without their support, the event would lose some of that "family" flavor and the fact that we Husky owners are unique and hardcore.
    2012_nehg_back copy.jpg
  20. Biggziff Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R, 500 EXC, 1970 Suzuki T250
    I'm planning on this (Saturday for sure) and bringing at least 2 friends along. Really sounds like a lot of fun and only 30 minutes from us!