630 Rekluse

Discussion in '610/630' started by hammer, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Travis Shrey Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm thinking of getting one of these, but having never ridden a bike with an auto-clutch I have to ask - how do you down shift? You need to let the engine rpm get all the way down to idling? On the street I usually downshift and use engine braking for the bulk of my slowing down. I realize I could always use the override, but I'm curious how it works if you just never use the clutch.
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    You downshift with an auto clutch much the same way as a manual clutch. You try to match gear speeds with the throttle. If you let the engine slow to idle the gear speeds would be way off.
  3. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Resurrecting a great thread...I bought a used RMS-856 for my 630 the other day for $250! Bargain. Just got to fit it now. One thing I'm unsure about, (actually there's several) The kit doesn't include a spacer for the clutch cover. Hopefully, this means it doesn't need one?
  4. Sizzler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600, SZR660, TLM260. DRZ250
    No, it doesn't need one.
  5. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks Sizzler! You got one on your 630???
  6. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well I got my Rekluse fitted today! Came up against a couple of tricky bits, caused by the subtle differences between the 450/510 and the 630.
    Fired it up, put it in gear and took off for a ride. Certainly feels odd pulling away without using the clutch, but I think I'm going to like it!
    I'll get it on the dirt tomorrow, which will tell me a bit more. $250 well spent.
  7. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well after 8 months on the bike, the Rekluse has started to slip, with 3 or 4 loud clunks when pulling away mainly in first but sometimes in second as well. Looks like its coming out to see if I can see the cause.:(
  8. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well I got it apart OK, but some dipshit (me) dropped the clutch basket and broke it. Just ordered a new one for $300!!! Lesson: don't drop the frigging clutch basket.
    P.S. The 630, electric start 610 and 410E all share the same clutch basket. Part #8000 84424 and the SWM part # is the same.
  9. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    As it turned out the slipping and clunking wasn't the Rekluse clutch at all. Rear aluminium sprocket was completetly stuffed. Thats all I'm going to say. Still running the Rekluse and reckon its great. The only thing I don't like about it is if your lugging the motor at any point, the clutch is quite noisy. Sounds like a load of ball bearing rattling around in there, which it probably is. Bashplate seems to amplify the noise.
  10. Huskyvarna Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 630 2010
    Is it worth the money to fit in a rekluse, example for heavy riding in forest without roads?
    I have never tried a bike with a rekluse but i can imagine it would be great when riding in forest where you have to stop and start all the time.
  11. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Its great offroad. Makes climbing rutted, steep, rocky hills childs play. Bike doesn't stall and you don't have to slip the clutch. That said, I wouldn't pay full price for one. Seems to be a few used ones around.
  12. Huskyvarna Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 630 2010
    i saw in some thread that someone wrote something like: "i wouldnt put it in a bike built for competition" does he mean its a weak part?
    i dont want to make a upgrade that will be a weak spot. But i have not seen many posts about rekluse for 630's
  13. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have 300 hours of A class racing on one. Does that seem weak?
  14. Huskyvarna Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 630 2010
    thanks hammer, great to get some info about it.
    I can imagine its very nice to have when riding really hard places like forest without paths and places like that or when you have big obstacles where you have to "stop" all the time.
  15. Kawika B Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te630
    Anybody know if the Rekluse clutch from a TE610 fits the 2011 TE630? Want to check with some people before pulling the trigger. Thanks all