630 Longevity Concerns

Discussion in '610/630' started by jtemple, Mar 14, 2012.

1. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
  2. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F

I'm a bit more lucky than you are (so far) ;) . 18.000 km and the only problems I've had are:
    -A burnt wire near to the Voltage regulator. That meant charging issues that drove me nuts for a while. The problem has been solved (I opened a thread about it)
    -Leaking clutch master cylinder: This was the same problem in my TE310. It is magura fault, not Husqvarna. Anyway, a small issue.
    EricV likes this.
  3. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    41k km and counting. Only real problem was too rich af ratio,did make cold starting difficult. Did try sensor replacement,injector cleaning,new pump,swearing etc...Only to find out it was choking in gas. 10%leaner and no difficult to start anymore. Clutch master leaks,normal magura.Fill in couple months. Clutch washers replaced,normal for this engine( to tell the truth,they did not look too bad.much better than what was in 610) and clutch basket needs replacement sometime. So far so good... It had 32k when i bought it so i dont know what has been done previously,but it was stock looking,exept lambda plug.
    Just wondering how long rod bearing might last...
  4. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    My rod bearing lasted just 17,000 kms! Hardening started coming off the crank pin. Replaced the crankshaft with SWM650 crank.
    thumbnail_IMG20181114171308.jpg
  5. Caboose Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 600 f
    What type of oil did you use?

My SM 630 is running great after more than 22000 km. It's all stock, I only adjusted the fueling in iBeat, and still using it with the O2 sensor. Even the clutch cush washers are still original, although I am planning to change them the next winter. The only problem I had was the crank position sensor fault, which was a pain in the ass to diagnose but easy to fix.
  6. boogieman065 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, after a few years of Husqvarna hiatus, I'm back! I'm picking up a 2011 SMS 630 today with 4,500 miles. It has the Leo Vince dual pipes (I know people prefer the single) and JD Jetting on it.

It'll be used mainly for a downtown commuter and a go-kart track toy. In the past, I've had the following SMs so I'm excited to get one that's more "commute friendly"

DRZ400SM
    YZ426 Supermoto
    SM610
    690SMC
  7. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

Welcome back! I wish I had the SM as well as my TE.
  8. mg94 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610S
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT600
    I'm curios about why you decided to come back to HVA after the KTM? If you don't mind me asking
  9. boogieman065 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Honestly I was done with supermotos. I was on an RC390 and RSV4, and those were great for commuting and track duties. Now that I've decided to dedicate the RC390 for track only, I see the value in supermotos again. The 690 was always so twitchy and wasn't great around town. I was happy to try another bigger "tamer" supermoto. It's definitely less power but better for city commuting duties.
  10. mg94 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610S
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT600
    I see. Thanks!
  11. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    My TE 630 is now 30.000 km and no problems so far :cheers:
  12. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    can I see how you solved the problem? I have the connector burned even at 13500 km
  13. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    43000km
    Issues documented early on under warranty
    ECU wiring originally diagnosed as tps issue ended up being corroded wire .
    Water temp sensor
    Clutch master went when new .
    After warranty
    Slave has now gone , leaking engine oil in.
    Charging issues .. Voltage drop through wiring loom and burnt wiring at stator plug.Intetestingly replacing plug only made a small change as did adding extra earth at reg. The thing that brought it back up to full charge volts was adding a extra fused power out wire at reg plug straight to battery.
    It's been a good work house .
  14. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Well my TE630 is back up and running strong. FYI the SWM RS650 crankshaft is a direct replacement for the Husky crank at half the price. (In Australia, anyway.)
    thumbnail_IMG20190817145517.jpg
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  15. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    I wrote all about this theme here:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/should-i-change-the-voltage-regulator.83706/

To save time, you can go directly to point 55. It was just a burnt conexion. I sanded and cleaned it and so far, no charging problems at all :)

And I didn't make anything else (no alternative wire conexion... nothing)
    Rotax_655 likes this.