610 owners: How many miles did your cam chain last - and what year is your bike?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Coffee, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Rapid Dog Husqvarna
    AA Class

2008 TE610 8500 miles

...alright, someone 'splain to the n00b...when you say 'X clicks out", does that mean when you pull the tensioner there are X teeth/clicks showing on the rod?
    I just pulled mine and I counted 14 teeth showing, the rod is sticking out 14 teeth.
    Tell me that's not a bad thing...
    Note: I did not pull the end bolt at the tooth shaft if that makes a diff.
  2. Rattletrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

13,127 miles and 8 clicks out, will change this fall sometime. 08 610.
  3. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

I pull out the tensioner, then I reset it to zero. Then I bolt it back on, and push it in snug to the chain and count the clicks til it's snug.

4. Reddog Husqvarna
    AA Class

After running the motor and letting it cool. Pull the back bolt and spring. Then undo the two flange bolts holding Acct to the motor casting. Holding it horizontal while removing, then count how many clicks are showing.

If you do like xymotic you could get a false reading because of slack on the back side of the chain.

Just like valves the most accurate way is to have the motor at TDC.
  5. Rapid Dog Husqvarna
    AA Class

...did it like brother Reddog said. Happy to report about 5-6 clicks showing.
    One more think checked off the list.:banana:
  6. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

6500 miles and just checked it last night. 6 clicks, 7 if you count the low sides. The spring is pretty squirly going back in. I tried to get it to go in straight but I ran out of beer and gave up. I didnt reset the plunger back to zero, just put it back in like I found it,,, I'm guessing thats okay?
  7. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

You'll be alright, makes it easier to install the spring anyway........
  8. Engen Husqvarna
    A Class

TE610ie 2007 8000 km / 5000 miles, 6 clicks out
  9. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Got just over 28,000 km on my 09 -- 610 TE at 8 clicks . Got the new one and sliders in the cupboard already when i need it
  10. Navaho6 Husqvarna
    B Class

2009 TE610, checked at 5000 mi. 5 clicks. Bike hasn't been ridden hard but many of those miles are trail miles.
  11. cjoecruz003 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SMR510
    2008 w 9000miles, 6 clicks out. Been that way since 6500 miles! Changing it at 10k miles anyways.
  12. Baroquenride Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800
    2008 TE610 with 8 clicks at 13,000 miles.
  13. Oklahoma Rider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 te 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    2006 te610 with just over 8000 miles acct at 9 clicks. Or ten if you count low spots. Had to replace the counter shaft so looked like a good time for a new cam chain and manual tensioner.