610 owners: How many miles did your cam chain last - and what year is your bike?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Coffee, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Rattletrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

08 TE610. 11,000 miles on original chain, 7 clicks.
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

06 SM610 just replaced at 4600mi with 11 clicks and no wear on the reed valve.

Just put it together.
    Hope it starts....and does not leak any oil!
  3. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    '06 TE610. Got to 13500km before it just started rubbing on the reed valve.
  4. HDND Husqvarna
    B Class

Just curious as to where the replacement cam chains are being procured from, I will be keeping one on hand.
    Are they identical DID chains just with different packaging?
    Any Cafe Husky endorsed suppliers of said chains?
    Thank you in advance. :thumbsup:

Geoff.
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dunno, it looked the same to me. The new one was shorter.
  6. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Previsouly owned: SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    At 3,500 miles, I had the valves adjusted and the CCT checked on my '08 SM610. I was at 4 clicks out. I would be willing to bet, however, that I am the slowest 610 rider on Cafe Husky:rolleyes:, so I expect to get better than average lifespan out of mine ;). I don't plan to check it again until my next valve check at 7,000 miles (currently at just over 5K).
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well, it does not leak anything but I did have a tough time starting it.

Seems I once again tried to start it w/o letting the carb fill up and flooded it with the a/c pump.

Anyway, it runs nice and quiet now but it seems a little lean on the pilot with the 45 pilot and cold weather.
  8. ashes Husqvarna
    B Class

My first 610 had the first 1 changed at 21000km's because the dealer didn't realise they were meant to change it at 10000km's! It made it but just (they said) but ever since then it's been replaced every 10000km's. The chain they use (Husqvarna) is a pretty poor design and surprising they haven't used a roller chain.
    For the small cost the dealer charges over a normal service I just get it done when it's due. I dont' think it's worth the hastle of risking a full rebuild.
  9. MisterSinister Husqvarna

2007 SM610, 3800kms. I checked mine on the weekend 6 Clicks.
  10. bronzebronco94 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 TE610 09 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rokon2x2, KZ1000,
    09 sm610 just checked@ 4100miles 6clicks out.
  11. nickterc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610ie
    Checked mine today on my 08' 610 with 18500km on the clock and it was out to 4 clicks.I was expecting more to be frank but im one the lucky owners i guess...[IMG]
  12. Circus Husqvarna
    AA Class

How do you know when to adjust the MCCA?
  13. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

When it make noise I guess.
  14. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

My '08 TE was gone @ 4k miles. I've gotten 12 out of the replacement so far.
  15. Circus Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am at 8500 miles and 8 clicks. I got all the stuff to replace it. Will do so in the next 500 miles to coincide with the next oil change and valve adjustment. I spent about 4000 miles going from 7 clicks to 8.
  16. ken robert Husqvarna
    B Class

16,000 plus, got to sounding like it needed it The 07 SM 610 was running fine though. Runs just great now, thanks Dave, Brian and Bill @ BMP
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    The entire point to this thread was to possibly find a pattern.. in the hope that if there was any issue at all it might be addressed. I certainly do not see any pattern at all and the life span of those things seems incredibly random.
  18. jonny utah Husqvarna

About 5k miles but that was a hard 5k miles of track days and off road.
  19. deepcdiver Husqvarna
    AA Class

2006 TE, changed it 6000 miles at 8 clicks out (was about to head out on a 2000 mi Baja ride)
  20. boogieman065 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone had (or believe) to have a better cam chain life from a MCCT or cutting the spring to reduce the tension?

MCCT was a must back when I owned a DRZ400, everyone had to have one. I'm not sure why the Husky would be any different...