1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

449/511 rear suspension warning

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by makis, May 17, 2013.

1. Beau Gaudron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    So I've just pulled mine out for the second time in a while and yep its totally shot. Has anyone tried the INA bearing vs Koyo and can say which is better?
  2. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Koyo make good stuff, never heard of INA down in Aus....
  3. Robster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 -11
    Between Koyo and INA I doubt there is much difference. SKF makes the best ones though a little more expensive.
  4. underwatersimon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 Beta 350rr
    As it's a pretty easy job I do mine fairly regularly. 3000km of exceptionally wet and gooey terrain and still in good shape.
    Some here have commented about taking the shock out of the top but this is what I do.
    Removing the lower subframe bolts and pushing up a little on the tail makes for lots of room to get the job done.
    To remove the linkage I remove the retaining clip for the rear break line and the rear screw on the chain slider. This lets me get a torque wrench in there instead of messing about with wrenches.
    Hope this helps.
    image.jpg image.jpg
  5. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    It is a good idea to grease all the bearings I guess.

But if you are only doing the lower shock bearing you really only need to undo the 2 shock bolts & the RH side panel to remove the shock out the side past the fuel tank (At least on the 8.5lt tank Aus delivered bikes anyhow). Someone put a lot of thought into the design :)
  6. Seemore53 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TC449
    I am most definitely a lurker on most forums but I wanted to +1 this thread for those of you still not checking this certain bearing. I just picked up a second hand TC449 ex-race bike and when I saw this thread I thought I would take a look. Well....many of the needles were actually broken and the race that holds them in was completely gone. I picked up a INA bearing from Amazon that is the same as the Koyo and I wasn't pissed about it, made in Germany and fit perfectly and was still cheaper than OEM with shipping. I should have bought a bunch, feeling like grease won't keep this particular bearing from getting wasted but we'll see. Once again, the forum reporting on model problems really helped me bring this bike back from neglect. Put the recirc kit on from Zip-ty, really happy with the bike so far.

Thanks again for the heads-up
  7. ajstuart Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    I'm in the process of some long overdue maintenance. Recently, when installing a new chain and sprockets I discovered that my lower shock bearing was also toast.

Thanks to the info in this thread, I should be picking up a couple replacement bearings tomorrow.... from a local bearing shop. $10.00

Thanks to everyone who posted info here -- MUCH appreciated. The wait for OEM bearings was going to be close to a month.

Just an FYI -- The bearing shop did not recognize (Koyo PN: 20BM2616), or 8000H6121, but they had a bunch of HK2016-B. I'm assuming they are the same thing, but HK2016-B was the best reference for finding the part.

Sooooo, along those lines, does anyone have aftermarket Part #s for the other bearing suspension and wheel components? I may as well grab those while I am at it.
  8. tMh2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 MY13
    Hi all,

I am also affected with this issue now.
    I have checked several threads, but I cannot find the part# for a non-Husky sealing for the lower shock.

Can you help me?

BR
    Florian
  9. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Hi Florian,
    The lower shock seals are
    26x20x4mm seals from any bearing shop.
    The bearing is HK2016-B INA Brand
    The inner bush - Husqvana only p/no. 8000 A4431

If you are on Facebook, consider joining our 449-511 owners group. We have lots of info and files for parts and mods there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/219900571553501/