1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

449/511 rear suspension warning

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by makis, May 17, 2013.

1. makis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 250 CR Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha T7
    I pulled the shock off of my TE511 to revalve it with race tech gold valves and ran into a couple of issues.
    First, the lower shock bearing. I grease my linkage and swingarm bearings regularly, but I haven't really messed with the lower shock bearing until I actually pulled the shock off. Needless to say, I was surprised by the amount of wear that the bushing the bearing rides on was showing. It wasn't ruined, but it was on it's way. I thought since it was mounted above the swingarm that it would be OK, but here is your warning; pull that sucker and grease it.
  2. makis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 250 CR Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha T7

Sorry, fat fingered the keyboard and didn't post the second issue.
    I pulled the shock apart to revalve it with race tech. Race Tech shows part number SMGV 5003 for the 449/511 on their website. This is incorrect! That part fits a 50mm shock body, my shock has a 46mm shock body. Race Tech promptly sent me a new kit, but I wanted to make you guys aware of the problem if you are thinking about revalving the shock yourself. Hopefully, they will update their website soon.
    teuchter likes this.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Amsoil also has some amazing super grease.
    Mike-AK and makis like this.
  5. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    Belay waterproof is my poison....already greased it all, and will again,,,grease is,cheaper than parts!
  6. motomanic Husqvarna
    A Class

Wish this had been posted a few weeks ago, I pulled my 511 apart to change front sprocket, and have the same problem with lower shock bearing and the bushing is worn enough to be replaced, a local bearing company have the bearing but no bush, so it seams only genuine Husky parts will do, anyone else had this, its expensive, at the same time bearings in the frame/swingingarm are also up for replacement, and rear wheel bearings.All of this has had to be ordered as not kept in stock, apart from wheel bearings and seals, but no spacers. Do you all replace spacers on your husa when replacing wheel bearings and seals (groove worn in spacers). Is there an ultimate greece that is best for keeping water out.
  7. HusqRacr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511, 10' WR300, 2015 FC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 998, KTM 520EXC
    While prepping my bike for a GP this weekend I noticed my lower shock bearing is completely GONE! Had a good .5" of travel. Pulled it apart and of course the part number is the part that is gone, Only see the brand KOYO. Only 1,050 miles on my 12 TE511. I guess greasing every 20 hours is in order.
    "
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    If we send dimentions AllBalls always seems willing to make a complete kit with spacers. Luckily on this bike is super EZ to get to.
    ascribner likes this.
  9. richie lee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husky te 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta rev 3, coverted yzf250 wr.
    anyone know the bearing part numbers for the frame swingarm bearings? and bottom shock bearing mine are shot.
  10. reubenRN Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 1200GS
    Just did the clean+grease the linkage, at 2k miles it was more rusty than expected.

I managed to install the linkage upside down, therefore rising the back of the bike to a height of more than 50 inches on the seat..haha...not rideable by a long shot, luckily I was able to take the linkage apart and re-install it the proper way...if anyone desires a FREE method of effectively rising the seat of the bike to the clouds, PM me haha!
  11. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Bottom shock bearing is Koyo PN: 20BM2616
    Normann and danny318 like this.
  12. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    can one of these be ordered online anywhere
  13. richie lee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husky te 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    cost me less than £5.00 from bearing store. depends if the inner has worn badly on your set up.
  14. richie lee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husky te 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    my mud flap had eaten into the bottom of the shock badly when i bought my bike second hand have built a little lug on it now with two part epoxy so that it stops the wear.
  15. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Yes I rang Koyo here in Sydney but they would not deal direct. Went to local bearing supplier and had it the next day. Only problem is that if the sleeve that the bearing runs on is pitted then the only easy option would be buying genuine. Could be easily machined but by the time you stuff around with case hardening etc I doubt it would be worth it. I couldn't find a part number for this alone (my sleeve was in good nick so didn't matter) and gather it might be included with the bearing if buying genuine husky.
  16. richie lee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husky te 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    if i get a chance i will have a look at some other bottom bearings ,one is more likely the same as on another bike,that way we could buy an all balls shock bearing then.
  17. richie lee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husky te 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    im sure it looks similar to the bottom bearing on my old yzf 250 that ran a kyb shock.and ran on a needle bearing.will have to check.
  18. underwatersimon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 Beta 350rr
    2000+km. this is the third time I've had it apart, first time was the day I got it home.
    All still in good shape !

I love this bike. image.jpg
    Motosportz likes this.
  19. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Guys if you really want the right grease, use aqua shield.

it will never ever let water get in.

we used to use it on underwater bearings on derrick barges and boats.

It is the only thing that works underwater.
    ray_ray likes this.
  20. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    On a positive note with the rear shock on these bikes, I love how easy it is to remove from the frame.:thumbsup:
    An awful lot of thought has gone into how to get it out, service/replace it & get it back in there with a minimum of fuss/time loss.:applause:

I had a squeak arrive in the rear of my bike at about 80hrs, found my lower shock bearing had died.
    After being scared with the Husky price for the replacement, I picked one up from the local bearing shop with seals for less than half the price.