449-511 radiator braces now in stock.

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Colo moto, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    Just received my order of these Rad guards and the Plug kit.
    Arrived safe and sound with a bonus stubby holder :)
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Glad they made it down under rather quickly. Thanks for your business. :thumbsup:
  3. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    One thing I should mention.
    They fit up pretty much perfectly the only little bug was that I had to decrease my steering lock slightly and also remove some material from the clearance holes in the grills as my bottom triple bolts would hit on it just before full lock.

A larger clearance hole might fix this.

All in all great product!
  4. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Same thing on my Force rad guards, they're designed for the 48mm forks and 195mm clamps on the TE/TC, the SMR uses wider 205mm clamps and thicker 50mm forks so typically have clearance issues on full lock.
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    We are expecting to have the aluminum colored versions of these in stock again early next week. We have spent the last 2 1/2 months making nothing but various radiator braces. This will keep us stocked up for quite some time to come. Also, we opened up the guard part for about 10% more airflow. More air = more, better good.
  6. High Society Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 DRZ400sm
    One minor complaint I had with mine is the noise they make. The guards would vibrate against the cross braces and made a loud buzzing noise. I would wrap the cross braces with some sort of foam tape, to cut down on the noise.
  7. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    We offset the 3 front brace rods to put constant tension on the guards to make sure this doesn't happen. Sorry it is happening on yours. A quick wrap of the 3 brace rods with a little electrical tape should cure it.
    High Society likes this.
  8. High Society Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 DRZ400sm
    It only seemed to happen at high rpm/high speed desert stuff. Rocky, slower trails I didn't hear it. Electrical tape would work, I forgot to mention. I still give the product 5 outta 5.
  9. JRW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Tiger 800 XC
    I was thinking of putting a fan on the other radiator, does anyone do this and can it be mounted on these braces? 2013 TE449
  10. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    As far as mounting a fan to the other brace, that part should be no problem. There is enough meat there to drill new holes and mount a fan. My concern would be clearance issues. There may be something on the right side radiator that interferes with the fan.
  11. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    ZipTy ReCirc tank :)
  12. JRW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Tiger 800 XC
    Thanks, Colo moto

Yep, that's going in too. Not enough room for everything I guess. :)
  13. JRW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Tiger 800 XC
    Called 7602 Racing Monday and ordered braces and guards. Went trail riding today and when I got home the box was sitting by my garage door. That's like 48 hour delivery from one coast to the other. Wow.

They look great, now I have something to do this weekend. Thanks a lot guys!
  14. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Glad we could give you a weekend project. :D Thanks for your business. :thumbsup:
  15. JRW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Tiger 800 XC

Already installed, but not on the bike due to a pending Zip-Ty oil recovery installation. Easy enough after I ground off the pop rivets for the fan mounts, snap into place and put the cross braces in. :)

Did have a question before I button everything up over the weekend. I've read a couple of posts about vibration noise. Is there anything else I need to do or has that issue been addressed in these?

Thanks again.
  16. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    We offset the 3 front brace rods to put tension on the guards to prevent vibration. This design has remained unchanged from the beginning. Some customers have mentioned vibration noise though. IF you have vibration noise a quick fix it to wrap the brace rods with some sort of insulator. A quick wrap with electrical tape should work fine.
  17. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Got my set yesterday. Thanks for the quick shipping Clay. I was thinking of experimenting with slipping some o rings or grommets between the brace sides and the rods. Thoughts? Probably be installing them tomorrow

By the way, for those of you sitting on the fence, I wouldn't wait too long to get these for your Italian bikes. If you ride gnar where falling is possible or doing any serious off road, you need em.
  18. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    You're talking about putting some small o rings on the ends of the rods in between the rod ends and the braces? Not sure why you are thinking of doing this?
  19. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Isolation mostly for reducing vibration. I know if the screws are tight, it shouldn't matter. Just thinking of options after reading of some of the reports of vibes.
  20. JRW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Tiger 800 XC
    No vibes at all on mine. Just installed them and tightened the screws with Loctite.
    Colo moto and Huskynoobee like this.