449-511 radiator braces now in stock.

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Colo moto, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Well after a much longer than anticipated wait, we finally got these back from the company that bends them into shape for us. We now have the aluminum colored braces and guards in stock for the 449-511 Huskys. Also got X-lite and old style 250-510 braces in the same shipment. The red versions of all of these are still about 2 weeks out since we now have to send them off to be anodized.

We will start working on shipping all the pre orders so hopefully there will be some customers installing 449-511 braces this weekend.

I apologize these took sooooo long. We are a small fish in a big pond and our stuff sometimes gets shuffled to the bottom of others "to do list".

Thanks.

Copy of 449 brace guard3.JPG

Copy of 449 brace guard5.JPG
  2. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
  3. eastrider Husqvarna
    A Class

any eta on red brace
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Expecting them back from the anodizers any day now.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Manufacturing must be picking up as a year or so ago the anodizers around here were 2-3 days and not much going on. Now they are swamped and takes 2 weeks!!! good on one had but I hate waiting for the last operation to get stuff out.
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Ya, seems most of the places we have to outsource stuff to are a little slower turn around now.
    Dirtmac likes this.
  7. 56on449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Summer: Ontario, Canada / Winter: Arizona, USA
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R1200GS
    Expecting them back from the anodizers any day now.

THAT IS GREAT!, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY RED ONES!:banana:
  8. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Got a bunch of boxes back from the anodizers today. They are full of red radiator braces and guards. We will begin shipping all back orders today.
  9. 56on449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R1200GS
    Thanks for the update.
  10. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    Im happy with my naked ones but the red ones would be cool too. Ill be testing mine for the first time tomorrow around Pozo, Ca with a good friend on a DRZ400s. Im hoping to convert him!
  11. eastrider Husqvarna
    A Class

just order mine last night can wait
  12. Belknap Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Yamaha WR450F, 2003 YZ450 F
    Looking forward to mine too! Heading to Moab on 4/12/12 and I expect I will be needing them. My son and I both took out at least one radiator last October there. Also expecting my heat shields from P3 Products before I head out!
  13. Belknap Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Yamaha WR450F, 2003 YZ450 F
    Received the braces and gaurds yesterday and installed today! Zero installation issues and they look Great!
  14. erktastic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 250XC - 2003 KTM 200SX
    Installed my sexy red braces and guards today, took a while but pretty painless compared to some others I've installed in the past. Great product!

Note to 2012 TE511/449 owners: The instructions with the guard say to remove the mounting brackets from the fan but on my radiator the mounting tabs/brackets are riveted in to the side of the radiator. The stock tabs have threaded posts attached to them that go through the mounting holes and are then tightened with a nut. As opposed to drilling out the rivets you can, with a little work, get the holes in the brace to line up perfectly with the threaded posts, so you can use the stock hardware to remount the fan to the brace, I used a little blue loctite for reassurance.
    fasteer likes this.
  15. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks for the kind words. Thanks for the info on the 2012 fan mounting being different than the 2011 I used to design the braces.
  16. erktastic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 250XC - 2003 KTM 200SX
    No problem, thanks for the awesome product.

Another note: I installed the braces and guards the other day but hadn't put the plastics back on until last night. On the right side shroud piece (not the full body plastic) there is a little "scoop/splashguard" to protect the air intake from water I assume. The braces raise the profile quite a bit on that edge so that the shrouds can't line up properly, you need to cut a little bit out of the bottom of the splash guard as well as the vertical "lip" that extends down from it. I used a coping saw and a file, looks almost factory.
  17. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    Same issue on 2011 TE449, not a big issue but its there.

18. 56on449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R1200GS
    I installed my red braces and guards the other night, I wish I could say it only took me 2 hours but then I would be lying. Every thing fit great, but I am a bit of a putz when comes to mechanical stuff, found it a challenge to get the rad hoses back on, and forgot to put the fan on the left brace before I installed it on the rad so I got to do that one twice:banghead: and I am not sure what is meant by the instructions saying to have shop cloth ready to wipe up any little spill of coolant when you remove the hoses, I needed 2 and had to go to the bike dealer for another bottle of coolant. But finally about 4 hours latter including the 30 minutes to clean up the mess I made. They are now installed and look great and I am glad I waited for the red ones. Thanks for the tip on cutting the scoop that was easy.:)

19. Greg Christian Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Honda CRF450 2006 Suzuki GSXR75
    I want to order a set of these.. I went against my better judgement and ordered some msr hp braces that say they fit all husky models 2004-12 except the 610 (The part # is 34-3170). Well of course they don't align properly at least to the best of my judgement and the cooling fan brackets are on the right radiator not the left so I assume their incorrect. Anyways if someone else used the msr product let me know if not I'm returning these and buying the 7602. Just need to know where to send my money
  20. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com