1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

449/511 communication with ECU

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by R. Stephen, Jan 21, 2014.

1. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 450 ;CCM GP450 ;BMW R1200GSA
    The Lonelec cable looks good.
    I could not pass any comment on the cheap bluetooth adaptor from eBay.
    What is it that you wish to do? If you are thinking of liading maps from TuneECU then you need a g ard cabke connection. TuneECU does not support reprogramming over BT. If you just want to read the I BD data stream then BT will be fine, but not all Bluetooth OBD adaptors on eBay are OK
  2. aha2070 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    duke 200

Yes I want to upload race map 3 on 449, how lonelec cable connected with tuneEcu ? what is this a g ard cabke connection ?

thanks in advance
  3. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    "a g ard cabke " is what I get if I refuse to wear the reading glasses and try to type " a hard cable " :-)
    To load maps you will need a USB to OBD cable, TuneECU does not support remapping over Bluetooth.
    Everyone that I know of that has bought the Lonelec cable has had a working reliable connection. You may find a much cheaper one on EBay, but could spend a lot of frustrating time on it if it does not connect reliably. Someone else may be along to suggest a cheaper alternative that they have found, though
    aha2070 likes this.
  4. aha2070 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    duke 200

I see, thank you... this is a hard cable http://lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_25&product_id=52

then this is http://lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=86 for connection to 449

this tuneEcu software http://www.tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/android.html

thank you again
    magwych likes this.
  5. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

Could you please report back if this works for you.
    We have 449-511 Facebook group owners looking at these. Currently one of our admins is making adapters that work very, but we aren't sure that the. TuneEcu adapter has the correct looped wire inside to keep the ECU awake during programming and diagnosis.
    aha2070 likes this.
  6. Bayner Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I have the cable from Lonelec and it does not keep the ECU powered up. Still have to jump it externally.
    Dangermouse449 and aha2070 like this.
  7. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
  8. Huskyte449-13 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda xr400 2014
    Hi DM, thanks for all your input to the forum.
    Which file is map 3 on the tuneecu website for a 2013 449.
    Cheers mate
  9. Jaap Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449 sumo conversion
    Other Motorcycles:
    none

After doing some research on cafe husky and viewing dangermouses youtube videos i became very interested in this akrapovic map #3 . When i bought the bike it allready had Race Map #2 active, but i dont know if this is the standard Map2 or the Akrapovic one. Im the third owner and the previous owner doenst know.
    I live in the Netherlands and all the BMW dealers here dont even know about this BMW engined bike.
    So i bought the Lonelec Tuneecu Cable https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike...onent/TuneECU-Interface-Cable-Lead-Diagnostic
    And just in case, the Lonelec Husqvarna adapter aswell. https://www.lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=86 (this is still the same cable Bayner was talking about?)

So if i understand correctly, the ECU falls asleep during connection? After how long does this happen? Is it still possible to flash the akrapovic Map with this adapter? Bayner says that you have to jump the ECU externally than, but i dont know what that means.

Also, what im about to say next probably doesnt influence this whole situation, but when i turn off the bike with the red button, the odometer is still litt, it only turns off when turn the key back. Is this normal? And is there maybe a chance that because of this the ECU wont go to sleep with the Lonelec Husqvarna adapter?
  10. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hi Jaap.
    Have you tried the cable yet?
    I had exchanged emails with Lonelec about the ECU powering down, and what needs to be jumpered. They said they were going to nake the required changes. I am curious if they have done it yet, or not.
    You will know the moment you plug it in. If they have modified the cable you will hear the ECU relay ckicj and then the pump prime. If not then you will hear nothing.
    The ECU relay only powers up when the key switch is on and you hit the starter button. If there id no signal from the crank sensor, the ECU switches off after 45 seconds. It does that to save battery life.
    The mod to the cable is to connect together the 2 wires that connect to the 12v feed and 12v switched feed. That turns on the ECU relay, and keeps it on. The 2 wires connect to the diagnostics socket on the row where 3 wires come from the bikes loom. It is the 2 wires on each end of that row. Read through above and we have drawn the pin diagrams.
    Jaap likes this.
  11. Jaap Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449 sumo conversion
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Hi there Magwych,

Thanks for your post! I ordered the cables just before making that last post. I chose priority shipping so i hope to get them soon. I'll keep you posted.
  12. Qwerty66 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 smr511
    Hi there
    Does anyone have issues with the tuneecu menu not showing "reprogram" as an option
    After I connected the ecu, the only options I have are disconnect and info
    Any help is much appreciated

Thanks!
  13. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    @Qwerty66, are you using a cable or a Bluetooth connection?
    Reading and reprogramming are not possible over Bluetooth. A few Triumph models support that but only with a specific Bluetooth adaptor.
    If you are on a cable connection, then are you usibg the paid-for version from the Google Play Store, or the free demo version that was available? The latter has map reprogramming disabled.