2019 tm300en has Husky/Ktm met its match!

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by fletchman45, Feb 28, 2019.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Grab the new issue of dirt bike and wow! The new tms are awesome!! While electric start has been standard on off road bikes for awhile.. Tm I suppose resisting mostly because of retooling costs..now wam bam.. Electric start and a counterbalenced engine! Along with no weight penalty! While a 250husky te weighs app 227 dry the new tm is 225 dry!. I'm excited and I am contemplating on jumping ship once again! For numerous reasons... Anyone had the chance to ride one of the new 19s? Does the clutch pull like a beta or nice like a husky or gas gas? How is suspension? I may go look at one of these next week. I my 12 tm I felt as if the frame was less forgiving and ridgid then a steel frame.. And the 300tm clutch pulled hard.. Other then that nice..
    lankydoug likes this.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Go into thumpertalks exotic section. Ty Collins dad has his review. There are a couple others on there
    fletchman45 likes this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    fletch look at the cylinder castings..they already have TPI type bungs ready for tooling on the 2 stroke models.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not sure what I think about and electronic power valve.. Didn't Yamaha try that on the old wr200?? I isn't there a stupid cable that can break and has before....
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Has been a non issue on my Sherco. It's just another adjustment when you do a top end. Actually what I like most about the bike. The map switch changes it so much that it's like having two bikes. Awesome when it gets slick or I'm tired. Imagine it's the same way with the TM
    Motosportz, fletchman45 and lankydoug like this.
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    it has 2 cables I'm guessing one for each direction and I believe it is the reason the MAP switch works so well because it not only changes the spark curve but it changes the power valve opening. I haven't ridden a Sherco but I obviously agree with LandoMotards.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If one of the cables fail would you dnf in a race?? Kind of like the gassers with a cable choke.. Extra crap makes me nervous and sometimes less is really more..
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    It's easy to pop the cover off and check. The only fail I've heard of was around the pulley portion where the cable frayed. Basically, he said it was like riding in the slower map. I've checked mine twice and still looks great. Like anything nice, it is another possible fail though lol. Sorry to compare it to sherco again bit seems to he the same setup and there's a lot more reading material online for shercos compared to TM.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    fletchman45 and lankydoug like this.
  10. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ha you beat me to it! I I was just going to post and update! I spoke directly with Ralph today and with the tm dealer in Wisconsin. And learned it is a mechanical linkage and controlled by the ecu! No cables! Tm 300en 2019 already sold out.. Another batch coming in may... I'm pretty sure I'm jumping ship! Close to pulling trigger.. More weight can be lost with the muffler and the euro wire harness.. Lol lighter already then a te!
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    So what's the difference? Pretty sure the newer shercos went to no cables but still can't find anything.
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm not exactly sure this is new to me.. But did honda try this a long time ago on a cr 250? Then ditched it... Not sure.. But I think tm is on the ball!
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    So is the 2019 model different from the 2017? Here’s a picture of my 2017 en300

06CAFA8B-250A-469D-ACAF-CD91DFB0F7BD.jpeg
  14. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No cables! Ecu controlled.. Purchase plan in motion.. 2019tm 250mx...en tank seat sidestand skid plate and some other goodies.. The dark side feels like a fresh breath of air... A little worried about ridgid frame... Clutch pull and perhaps stiff suspension.. I'm not sure it's true but I'm told the valving is the same on motocross and woods models.. I find this rather strange if true..
    LandofMotards likes this.
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Make sure you post up. Curious to hear what you think!
    fletchman45 likes this.
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The husky is cleaned up and ready for trade in and Halls has agreed to do the suspension on the tm if needed... However in looking at my husky I'm certainly contemplating 19tx 300... IMG_20190308_191328.jpg i fnd myself in some sick trance back in 1987 on my new to me 1985 husky 125..a helmet no riding gear going thru water holes others were driving around a smile ear to ear and not a care in the world... Not easy to leave husky even if it is well sort of a white Ktm..
    LandofMotards likes this.
  18. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

spoke with Ralph again.. No like I thought the valving is different from motocross to enduro model.. Which I thought anyways..
  19. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

After long and hard thinking... Between dealer support.. Love of the crown and a long history with Husqvarna i have decided to abort buyin a tm and I am in the process of purchasing a 2019 tx 300....i actually tried to talk my dealer into selling tms.. And it sounds like they investigated tm a bit however like they said there is more in representing a brand then just having a few bikes in stock..
    LandofMotards and lankydoug like this.
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I'm anxious to get the review after you've ridden it a few times.