2016 Los Ancianos Tecate Enduro 3 DEC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Jun 9, 2016.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 LOS ANCIANOS TECATE ENDURO

ENTRANT INSTRUCTIONS

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Welcome to the Legendary Los Ancianos Enduro. The club has worked very hard to provide a fun and challenging modern enduro for you. This race will be run under Los Ancianos Baja California rules. The event will be held at Hacienda Santa Veronica near the hotel.

SIGNUP, HOTEL, CAMPING, PARKING, and SECURITY.

Santa Veronica has dramatically increased its security and to cover that cost, will be charging nominal fees and requiring wrist band identifications for all guests and campers.

THOSE WITH ROOMS: When you check in to get your room you will be given a free parking sticker to put on the mirror of your vehicle. That allows you to go in and out at will. If you are sharing a room, a second vehicle, you will be given a second free parking sticker. More than that talk to Joanie Ellis. You, and anyone in your group, will be given an wrist band to wear that authorizes you to be in the Veronica facility.

IF YOU ARE CAMPING/motorhome and want to set up in the Veronica facility you must first purchase a $5.00 a parking sticker for each vehicle you bring in. You will not be allowed in until you have the sticker. Any of the people connected to these vehicles will get, for free, a specific colored wrist band.

SIGN UP/REGISTRATION: It will be in the restaurant at Hacienda Santa Veronica. Your sign up package will include your race bike numbers, start times, and tags for your gas can. You MUST run the supplied race numbers to be scored. Late Sign Up will be race morning near the start.

RIDER/COURSE/PIT INFORMATION.

IMPORTANT: It is imperative that you read and understand these rules and requirements! There will NOT be a formal RIDERS MEETING before the race.

COURSE IS CLOSED. NO PRERUNNING! The only riding allowed in the Hacienda Veronica area is to the start and to the practice areas. The PRACTICE TRACK is marked with arrows for ONE WAY riding only. ANY RIDING on the Enduro course before the start or outside the PRACTICE area is forbidden. Any riders seen riding outside the practice area in the Veronica area may be DISQUALIFIED and not allowed to start the race. Follow the arrows marked “start” within Hacienda Veronica to the starting area for loop/test 1. Also follow the arrows marked “practice ” to the practice area.

COURSE AND RULES

There are 3 loop/tests of approximately 20-22 miles each.Each loop is an individual timed test section. Loops/Tests will increase in difficulty. Riders in the over 60-year-old class, and the Women’s class, have completed their race at the end of loop/test 2. All other classes must finish all three tests to complete their race. The combined cumulative time for all required test sections is the rider's score. Lowest score wins. There will be short rider breaks of 15-30 minutes between loop/test sections to refill hydration and gas. Exact break times will be provided at signup.

Riders will start at one-minute intervals, four riders per minute. Each rider will be assigned 2-3 "key" loop/test start times (depending on class). For all riders, your scoring time starts at your assigned starting minute even if you are late to the check. That is your penalty for being late.

1. Loop/Test 1 will start at Hacienda Santa Veronica and finish at a remote pit area two miles west of Veronica (see details on page 4 for remote pit information).

2. Loop/Test 2 will start and finish at that same remote pit area.

3. Loop/Test 3 will start at the same remote pit area and finish at Hacienda Santa Veronica.

IMPORTANT! If, at any point in the event, should you fall ONE HOUR OR MORE BEHIND the "key" start time, that rider has "HOURED OUT". In Loop 3, around 12 miles from the finish, there will be a time check. Any rider ONE HOUR OR MORE BEHIND the "key" time for that mileage will be stopped, taken off the course, and provided guidance to return to Veronica. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Loop/test 3 is the most technical, requiring lots of endurance and a very high degree of riding skill. If you are not houred-out, but late on your loop/test 3 starting minute, very fatigued, and/or mentally tired, use your best judgment and DO NOT start loop/test 3.

Only a rider that officially finishes all class-required loop/test sections without houring out will be considered finisher and receive a finisher pin and be eligible for a trophy.

LOOP/TEST STARTING CHECKS: The first key time line for loop/test 1 at Veronica will start EXACTLY at 7:01:00 am. There will be FOUR RIDERS starting on the same minute. The first digit(s) is your STARTING MINUTE. The LAST digit is the rider identification number. For example rider number “12” starts on the first minute and is the second rider on that line. Rider number “431” starts on the 43rd minute and is the first rider on the line. All riders will be timed and scored individually.

The riders entered as a FOUR MAN TEAM starting on the same minute will have their four cumulative times added together for a TOTAL CUMULATIVE time for the team.

Again the shortest cumulative team time is the winning team. It is possible that you could be the fastest rider in your class and on the fastest winning team. You will get two trophies if that is the case.

LIVE ENGINE STARTS -All riders will line up with their engines off and start their engines IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO their start minute. All others will be dead engine. If you have trouble with your engine starting, immediately PUSH OFF to the side.

If you are late for your starting minute for any loop/test section, proceed to the LATE RIDER LANE on the right side of the starting line. You must STOP to have your number recorded. You will be allowed to start immediately after the next line of rider’s starting on their correct minute. If you do not stop you will have 5 MINUTES added to your time.

There will be a sign at the start of each loop/test section indicating the number of the loop/test section. The sign will also indicate the total length in miles of this test section. The course will be mileage-marked every five miles, or closer depending on the location. There may be signs indicating the name of this particular section of the course.

At the end of loop/test 1, at the remote pit, hopefully you should have time to gas your motorcycle and prepare for the next test. At the end of loop/test 2 you will return to this same area and should have time to gas your motorcycle and prepare for the next test.

At the remote pit there will be signs directing you to the STARTS of loop/test 2 and loop/test 3. You will have to watch your time to make sure you are not late for your "key" start time for each loop. We will have a clock there for your reference.

3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    LOOP/TEST FINISH CHECKS: The finish checks will funnel entering riders into a SINGLE LANE. Please use some SELF RESTRAINT when entering the funnel to not take out the check markings or our check workers. You MUST STOP at the timing line to have your number and time recorded. We are using computers and a manual backup to record your number and give you your correct time. You should be stopped for only a few seconds.

Only proceed when directed by the check worker. Remember your number in case you lose your front number plate, or your number is not readable. We will ask for it. If you do not STOP and continue through the stop we will not be able to record your number and time and we will NOT BE ABLE TO SCORE YOU for the race.

EVENT FINISHES: Master and Women's classes will finish at the remote pit and transfer back to Veronica on the roads. This is a residential area, please be careful and ride courteously. All other classes will finish at Santa Veronica.

IMPORTANT: Any rider found racing off the marked course, taking a SHORT CUT, shall be immediately DISQUALIFIED. Any PROTESTS must be made in writing to the club RACE DIRECTOR before the end of the day. GPS EQUIPMENT will not be allowed on the motorcycles in the race and must be removed prior to starting.

REMOTE PIT/RIDER SUPPORT: Loop/tests are 20-25 miles in length with a 15-30 minute break-time allowance at the end of each of the first two loop/tests for refueling and minor work on the motorcycle if required. The exact break times will be provided at signup. With luck, some Mag 7 folks may be there to assist with bike problems, providing basics like tubes and tools.

If you have pit support, they will be allowed in a specially marked area at the remote pit location. The route for support teams to the remote pit will be marked from Veronica. You may wish to drive a vehicle to the remote pit early and drop it off.

TRAFFIC NOTE: There is only one access road to the remote pit and loop/test 1 crosses that road. As such, from 7:00AM to 8:30AM on race day the road will be subject to closure and traffic there may be stopped for a period of time to allow the racers to cross! GO EARLY!!

You are NOT required to have pit support. You may have your gas can hauled on the Los Ancianos fuel trailers and gas/pit yourself. At the remote pit there will also be drinking water available for your use and for refilling your hydration systems.

If you want your gas hauled for you must bring one can to the fuel staging area marked at Veronica. The gasoline must be in a marked container that DOES NOT LEAK and load it onto one of the designated club vehicles. If your container is visibly leaking when you bring it to the loading area, we will NOT carry it. Your gasoline MUST BE LOADED BEFORE 6:00AM as once the Los Ancianos gas vehicles leave at 6:00AM there will be no way to get your gas to the refueling area at the remote pit. After the gas/pit area is closed your gas containers will be bought back to the same staging area at Veronica. You may attach SMALL CONTAINERS of food or parts to your can to be hauled.

COURSE MARKINGS AND SAFETY

The course is marked primarily by orange LOS ANCIANOS club arrows on a black background. Some fluorescent pink ribbon is used as needed to confirm the course between arrows.

The ANGLE of the ARROW indicates the direction and sharpness of the turn. One angled arrow followed by two arrows together indicates a sharp slower turn. Where possible the arrows will be on the “right” side of the course and on the outside of corners.

Single or multiple ARROWS pointing straight down are marking a DANGER on the course.

We are not kidding when we mark danger – slow down – pay extra attention! There are “W” wrong way markers where other trails/roads intercept the racecourse. If you over shoot and go off the marked course be extremely careful about getting back on the correct course – DO NOT RIDEBACKWARDS ON THE COURSE! If you are seen doing this you will be DISQUALIFIED!

There will be a number of road crossings on the course. There will be a sign “ROAD X” before the road. A Los Ancianos CLUB member will man these crossings. Traffic on the road has PRIORITY!

We cannot guarantee that vehicles on the road will stop for the race, so unless you want to become a hood ornament, slow down and proceed as directed by those manning the crossing. You may have to stop or you may be directed to proceed.

The approach to both start and finish checks will be marked with signs indicating CHECK AHEAD. Be prepared to stop! We will appreciate you not running over one of our course workers or taking out the course markings at the check.

MARKING DISPLAY: While lined up for the start of the race there will be a large board displaying the club arrows with descriptions of how they at used to mark the course. It will be to your advantage to familiarize yourself with the course race markings.

MEDICAL: We will have teams of medical personnel, certified Paramedics, riding on the course during the race. They will be caring radios and medical support supplies. Also we will have ambulance services available but they are primarily transport services.

If you are injured, or come upon an injured rider, get yourself, or the injured rider, and the motorcycle OFF THE COURSE. DO NOT MOVE an injured rider if it appears there is a NECK OR BACK INJURY. If this is the case stay and direct the approaching riders around the injured rider. In any case STOP the first rider that comes to the injury site, give them the bike number, how serious of injury and the approximate course mileage/location of the injury.

At any check, or Los Ancianos member with a RACE OFFICAL number plate on their motorcycle, give this injury information to them so that they can radio for medical assistance.

If you have a mechanical problem, or cannot continue riding, get yourself and your motorcycle off the course so as not to become a potential accident site. Do not attempt to find your way back by yourself. Wait for the sweep crew and they will get you back.

SCORING REQUIREMENTS

This event does not require timing equipment and calculations to maintain set average speeds. We will NOT be using TRANSPONDERS.

We will post un-official results at the race as soon as we have the data from the last timed test section calculated. We request that if you think you are a potential winner to please stay until the results are posted. We intend to have a presentation to the winning rider and the winning team at Veronica after the race.

Official results will be posted on the Los Ancianos.com web site.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    PS rumor has it there may be some cancellation openings......get IN, if you can/want!!
  5. Husq-a-daygo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15' TE300, 16'FE450
    Came home from the Thanksgiving desert trip to find a puddle under my TE300 right fork. Uh oh... removed it right away and ran it up to George's in Alpine hoping he can service it by Friday.
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    George will get er done. he's a git er done kinda dude!! BTW what about these PERFECT weather conditions ! 2 days of hard rain with partly cloudy 50s degree week, mostly sunny on race day 65 degrees F ! stoked and you Mr. in shape better show well homie!!! top 5 dude in the very competitive 40+ class just throwing some Husky Bro pressure your way!!! . My goal is top 10 (single digit finish) 50+ class , we usually have the biggest class in Tecate.
  7. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    My goal is to finish lol since I'm riding a Honda and been working 7 days a week
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    I second that!
  9. Husq-a-daygo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15' TE300, 16'FE450

We'll see how it goes huh. I usually do better if I look at it from a non pressure perspective. I am an amateur racer, I dont get paid to do this so I'm all in it for a good time and bench racing stories. I will say that the senior class is stacked so my goal last year was top 30% OA which I accomplished so I'll set it for top 25% OA this year. Heading down to RSV around 11AM with the hauler. should be there around noon. See yah there!
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    you are correct sir the 40 class is the always the heaviest (besides the Pros). a lot of former pros and top tier experts. see you there
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well for sure we will have the most decorated (enduro/offroad) group pit manager for our crew!!
    Happy to have my old friend (and former Tecate pro competitor) the Italian 89 world trophy team and 88 junior trophy team world champion Luca T, to keep our stuff ready as we come in from our loops (special tests).
  12. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    How did you do? For me, mission accomplished!
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I met my goal if the prelims are correct, single digit finish in class 50+. On prelim I got 9th 50 open.
    Everything went very well, not too many bottleneck stops cleaned and cleared most every hard section and most importantly kept moving forward. Had plenty of time between starts to fuel up bike and body.
    HusqRacr likes this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    this was a real Tecate. I am bummed for the PNW crew....this was a dust free really fun solid event.
  15. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'd say the club nailed it with the length, ramping up technical trails, etc. This format should keep riders (of all ages) coming back. Plenty of challenging trail, and without time keeping or a bunch of resets, the young guns could go for it and may the best man (or woman) win. I actually had time at the gas stops to catch my breath. Only thing I couldn't overcome was SEVERE cramping in my arms and legs. Not exactly sure what kind of exercises I should do for my arms-a recluse might be the only answer
    HusqRacr likes this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I may move up the P8 in the SSEN class.....pending. still gonna be 63 OA from 274 starters
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    RynoPower Hydration fuel and RynoPower electrolyte pills. along with rest of the package as directed.
    HusqRacr likes this.
  18. HusqRacr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511, 10' WR300, 2015 FC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 998, KTM 520EXC
    +1 on the leg cramps! Awesome race though. I actually expected a harder loop 3 so maybe "paced" myself a little too much. Anyone else try the PicklePower shots?? I think they actually worked.. Need to investigate the RynoPower for sure. Cant wait until next year
    robertaccio likes this.
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    there are so many others brands of athletic punches meds fixes...I just choose to stick with one and its the RynoPower line geared/designed/engineered for moto athletes. Plus its a local small biz owned by former moto star Ryan Hughes
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    looks like everyone in the 50 SSEN class is moving up a spot- Chilly wins our class , with our newest crew member Fred taking P2, me P8 on trophy "time".