2016 Los Ancianos Tecate Enduro 3 DEC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Jun 9, 2016.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    3 25 mile special tests simple and brutally effective.

December 3, 2016 Los Ancianos Tecate Enduro
    New Format. We do it the Anciano way!
    The basics:
    • 3 loops, 25 miles of primarily single track. Each loop is a special test, no transfer sections or resets within the loops. Short breaks between loops.
    • Elders and women do 2 loops.
    • 4 or 5 riders start per minute.
    • Reset Times between each loop. You will return to the main pit area.
    • Your elapsed time starts on your minute whether you are there or not – don’t be late!
    • Scores based on lowest overall elapsed times.
    Entries open October 1, 2016. All entries will be done online atwww.losancianos.com
    We have lots of details to work out between now and the event so we don’t have all the answers right now. Please post your questions on the Los Ancianos Facebook Group and we will try to answer them as we figure out the details.
    Los Ancianos MC ‪#‎clubnews‬
    Norman Foley and racemx904 like this.
  2. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Come on October 1
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Stay off that Utility Quad....
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Its LONG GONE..... only 4 wheeler is the truck/car..... I ready to have some Los Ancianos torture inflicted on me....
    Norman Foley likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I recall many of the latest HS events, because this will more like those, but with clocked in start times, which is great to spread everyone out, we can go back and look at the results sheets for stats.
    The last few we did were @25 mile loops, on lead lap we all managed the 2 laps at @ 3 hours nonstop total time, pros finished at least a 1/2 hour before us, we can check the charts for that data.

After the 2 laps over the same loop- 3 solid racing hours........I was good , but worked hard, not falling off the bike worked, but was done for sure. On one a few years back it was sunny and warm for the sportsman morning short course race, by our PM race it got cloudy with some drizzle, (40B class) I battled with the Welshman and as we were into the second lap it was raining and as we got up onto the ridge trails above the valley it was snowing and white on the ground. When we finished (me 2nd, Dai 1st) I was done, soaked, and steaming like a kettle. Ive told that story here before with more detail.

So for this event LAMC adds another 25 miles.....plus the fact that all 3 loops will be different (unsighted different). At least in the HS events you were unsighted on the out lap but at least had some idea where to go and deal with obstacles on the second loop when you were tired. This will be a tough event fo sho.
    Training commences immediately.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Norm.....Fast NETRA Fred G just turned 50.......but to finish first first you must finish.
  7. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    sounds like a true 80s ball buster.... I remember being close to houring out at lunch.... inhaling lunch and a Gatorade to only go out and kill myself trying to stay from houring out.... part of that was the wrong machine.... a 500xc with a 5 gallon tank suck and plus carrying gas just to make the loop... lol
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just did a stat check @ 25 mile loop from the 2013 Tecate Hare Scramble of 2 laps of same 25 mile loop format.
    for this years Enduro, they are saying 3 separate loops of 25 miles.

my fastest of the 2 laps 1:33:17 OA time 3:11:49 #7 50A (from 12)

Gary Sutherlin (OA P1) 1:07:13 2:16:46 #1Pro

Tommy B 1:25:26 2:52:26 #2 40A (from 7) one our crews fastest riders

pros were @30 minutes per lap faster than me...@ 1 hour ahead at finish.......same pace puts them 1.5 hours ahead at finish for this new event.
    I imagine we will see the same type of lap times per loop, so I am planning to be on the gas for 1.5 hours x 3= 4.5 hours rough it up to and plan to go at pace/hard/solid/strong for 5 hours with only 2 breaks if you stay on time. run small tank, petrol fuel and body fuel after L1 and the same after L2, after L3 Cerveza and BBQ This will feel alot like the Idaho City qualifier (100 miles per day at a tight time pace).
  9. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dude I'm drooling... My Bro may be out although I'm signing him up.... He's bone on bone in left knee.... I'll be pimping the 300.....
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    for your bro- glucosamine regimen starting now, knee braces, tall seat, practice the old school sit down ride game with minimal sit to stand transitions, bike tuned to torque no hit smooth.
    Note on yesterdays ride I worked on my sit down game, energy saving riding, then did Graham Jarvis drills. The speed comes down in the sit down game but the ride time increases. Attack position mode is proper, needs to be kept in the holster and as saved ammo for its really needed. ride smarter not harder, after all we are just ammies having fun.
  11. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ya when I gave him the 300 I had the P/V all the way out.... nice and soft..... he's got the suspension butter smooth... I'm signing his butt up and shaming him into riding one for RB...I'd like to sign RB up just to save a spot on our row.... LOL

He's been dialing in his trail, which we call Ho Chi Min (because no one comes back alive).... First time you go on that trail your ass is kicked before you get to the top of the 8 mile up section.... He's got most of the whoops out of it... I guess they are injecting it with rooster sperm(something off a rooster) or something.... LMAO....

Robert you in 50+ now?
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes 50A Ajax/ Kearney shamed me into that a few years ago, but it has worked out well.
    Exp/A gives good street cred....... funny though of all the races I've done as an A, Tecate always has the deepest skill talent , from former pro mx guys, AA enduro/club and trophy team ISDE veterans, Tecate seem to bring out the the best from the entire region and beyond.....I am never near the podium among those guys, but always stoked to compete on the same playing field.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  13. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The Senior and Super Duper Senior class is crazy good at Tecate.... I don't and wouldn't go there just for a trophy.... I wanna ride with the real legends of Tecate and hang out with super cool people.....
    Norman Foley and robertaccio like this.
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I've seen one of those Tecate trophies, nice hardware.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have "earned" a few, best one is the burlwood one for 2nd 40B (like the OA win ones that Ty has)from one of the best races ever, from sun to rain to snow, 2 25 mile loops losing to the Welshman, it was hardcore and ultra satisfying

need to repost the hardware to motivate everyone.
    o3dave and Norman Foley like this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 on TXC310R
    pmtecatetjimg_9828_zps8a35ea64.jpg
    I have always stuck up for this bike because when it was dialed it was awesome.....but on this day it would stall at the worst possible time...after making hard passes then losing the positions. It was a clogged injector with a horrible spray pattern.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  17. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Mine was for 28th o/a at the 1982 Tecate 500 2 - day. Pretty much my proudest bike accomplishment
    robertaccio likes this.
  18. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I few of my dads and uncles Tecate trophies.... 500 miles back then

image.jpeg
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I hope you sent this to LAMC for their FB and webpage
  20. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think we are hoarding Tecate trophies.... LOL Got the 1st three overall trophies....
    robertaccio and o3dave like this.