1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC 2016/17 Battery replacement FC/FX450?

Discussion in '4st' started by R. Stephen, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Throttle on Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 fe501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Wr 250r 94Kx 500, Xr650r
    My current shorai is almost 3 years old now. I've never had a problem with it even in extreme cold and heat. One of the best $150 I've spent. It was almost the price as a conventional lead acid battery
    MotoXImage likes this.
  2. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    My old bike had a Shorai with 220 cca that was 5 or more years old still worked lawlessly. My 2017 FE 350 came with a Skyrich 120 cca. So far so good. Its light but really hasn't had much of winter testing. Just some starts in the 30 degree range. Of course the newer bike has a much more efficient starter so I'm not as concerned that it won't start in cold temps.
  3. MyersAvionics Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 KTM 450XC-F
    It ran a bit warm at the last race as it turned out to be a mini-Romaniacs and it was a heat index of ~100F (Around 200 - 210F). I have the idle turned up a bit, which cleared any stalling and also greatly helped starting, but it has to be near instantaneous to be competitive these days. I wanted to race it close to stock as possible the first time so I could get a good sense of what things I'd need for it.

So far, I've installed the following since purchasing it for safety and performance. I don't think I'll need anything further for a while. I'm actually really liking the suspension so far.
    1. EE Barkbusters
    2. Acerbis Skid plate with linkage guard (more linkage damage mitigation)
    3. EE Radiator braces. They say you can use them with a fan, but I found you have to perform some heavy modifications on the right one to make it fit properly. They also made the bike quite a bit wider in the front end. i may get rid of them and go for something else. Possibly bulletproof as it has the front guard built in. They're not has good as the full wrap arounds as far as side impact protection, but they've done well for me in the past.
    4. Trail Tech fan - Set it to 193F. I'm really impressed with how much air this thing moves. Trying to get the bike hot, it keeps it within range pretty easily (Tested when it was 91F out and muggy while I rode very slowly around my lawn in 1st gear).
    5. Full Rekluse clutch. I got one for my last bike as it liked to flame out a lot. After having to really be on the clutch a lot at this last race my finger has a blister from the middle of the finger up above the top joint! ... Yeah, I have sensitive hands as a desk jockey. It'd likely be fine at a normal HS or Enduro, but I ended up getting one for 60% off so I figured why not??
    6. Antigravity battery - Should be here tomorrow so I can test it Saturday.
  4. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    MyersAvionics. I'm assuming that the reason your thinking of a higher cca battery is because it's cranking slowly? Are you starting in neutral or in gear with the Rekluse?