1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2015 TE125

Discussion in '2st' started by Norman Foley, Oct 30, 2014.

1. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    YEP GUYS UTUBE NAME IS bluepsylo and its a 300XCW MY BAD LOTS OF LECTRON VIDEOS ON THERE ON ALL KINDS OF BIKES
    LandofMotards likes this.
  2. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    Thanks to the vntgmx for suggestions. basically I raised the needle one clip to #4 from top position and the bog is gone.

here is before and after video. Let me know if you guys have any other suggestions.

Before

after
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Makes sense... You are probably at lower altitude than I am, so a richer clip position is needed. Always a little tricky to tell, the difference between lean and rich in a certain area.....

Going down to South Jersey in the winter, I was one clip position off for the coldest weather, according to the jetting chart in the manual. It ran fine with an air screw adjustment, even on the coldest morning down there.
  4. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    Btw, we are doing Lafferty class on Thursday in North NJ rocks. I think we have spot for one more if you interested.
    robertaccio and Norman Foley like this.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice! Thanks for the offer. I'm pretty busy getting trail ready, for my club's AMA D4 Enduro Series event on Saturday and Sunday. Rich has a 2 day school in Western NY Saturday and Sunday and he's going stop and give me a lesson, on the way home Monday.
    ray_ray likes this.
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No one teaches Norm a lesson! Norm Rules!
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I heard he is Chuck Norris's long lost twin.
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Chuck Norris was working a check at out last enduro and ran away scared when he heard Norms minute was due to check in!
  9. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    How's your 125 Norm? I am greatly enjoying mine!! bike is soooo lights, it's ridiculously easy to handle in tight stuff!

I can honestly now say that comparing to KYB SS, Husky forks suck. shock is not bad at all. While moving, power is good but tight rock crawling is not easy due to grabby clutch and not whole lot on the bottom.

my riding buddy said that something is wrong with my jetting, as he remembers his 125SX being more powerful. but it feels fine to me and bog is gone..

I wonder how much can Lectron buy on the TE125...
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The one I rode felt super soft on the bottom too. Had to spin it up a good bit to get to the power. Seemed like it would be semi unforgiving in the tight and technical. No where near the bottom end power of the italian motor but more top.

A little over $400 with the cable plus shipping. Not sure it will add bottom end though. Seems to be more of a design / porting thing.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mine's working well. I have ridden it in rocks, but we only have small rock gardens here and not North Jersey, PA type. I missed Ridge Run, so didn't try the rocks there. Most of the real rock riding we do are a variety of creek beds... Small rollers, big round and square stuff and flat rock with ledges. My revalved 4CS forks work fine for me. We ride a lot of roots, whoops and chopped out stuff and forks work well.

My clutch is not grabby at all, so I can work it fine in those crawling situations.

A 125SX might be more powerful, but it doesn't have anymore low end and is way more prone to stall in the slow and tight. We ride a lot of steep hills and it will go up anything, but with 13/52 gearing sometimes 2nd is still a little high and 1st is little slow. I guess I need to not be afraid, to run it right up into the over rev. I have a Lectron and I should try it, but the bike runs so smooth with the stock Keihin, I'm reluctant to try it.

I have the parts to build a 150, but am a bit reluctant to split the motor before it needs to be. I might try a head mod and a FMF Fatty pipe, instead of the HGS I have now.
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Italian 125 definitely has more bottom, but the TE125 is pretty stall resistant and will come into usable power pretty quickly. To me the TE125 feels lighter and handles better than my '09 WR125 and that says a lot.....
    Motosportz and TROFFER88 like this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Totally agree on all of it. Less bottom, more top, very nimble feeling. For me I'm not sure if felt like it handled better, in fact feels a little more loose and twitchy to me but for sure feels lighter and racier. Bike has a nice layout and feel to it.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    To me the bike feels nimble and stable both.... You just need to think where you want to go and it's there. First time I rode it, was with the local fast guys on their GG and KTM 300's. We were riding wet, semi frozen rutted corn stubble fields, to connect the woods sections. I was pinned in 6th going across them.... diagonally, perpendicular and parallel to the ruts and in them. Only way to keep up with these guys, as they hate to wait. I thought I might die, but the little bike sucked everything up, went straight and never a tremor from the bars.... no steering damper. My Husaberg TE250 doesn't work that well, in the same situation. I've never felt like it would do anything weird. I do run the forks flush, because the 4CS fork legs are shorter, than CC or OC WP's
    Motosportz likes this.
  15. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    Who did your fork revalve Norm?
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Friend of mine and riding buddy, who is an ex race mechanic and works as a machinist now . He only does a handful of local guys suspensions. A few WNYOA AA's, local MX Expert riders and luckily mine.
    lankydoug likes this.
  17. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    Just re valve or modifications as well?
    Norman Foley likes this.
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Revalve and some modifications to midvalves and bottoming cones, but maintained 4CS function.
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just swapped the HGS pipe for FMF Fatty and seat of the pants says.... the low end is better. I ran the Rattlesnake National Enduro with it and the giant Kenda Equilibrium tire.... it worked well.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have to say after a year with my '15 TE125/150, that I'm really happy with it and it handles just as well as my '02 WR125 and my '09 WR125/144/165. The next generation with e-start, will be the bomb!
    AaronC70, NCSteve and LandofMotards like this.