1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2015 TE125

Discussion in '2st' started by Norman Foley, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    A couple of members have already got their TE125's and some others have ridden the bike. The info on the bike is scattered in multiple threads, so I was hoping to start one thread....

Let's hear what you got.....
  2. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

As I said earlier in another thread if you're a 125 guy the TE125 hits the target....It's super light feeling and so flickable it makes you feel like a hero and imo at least the engine is superb...I need to clean up the jetting but it will actually lug and of course with a flick of the clutch it lights up and gives you that 125 rush....
    Outside of the jetting I have no complaints and that includes the suspension and yes the 4cs forks!
    fletchman45 likes this.
  3. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What class rider are you? How are those forks in rocks and sharp edged hits at speed? Get out and hammer that puppy and please give a detailed ride report!!
  4. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Can you 'big bore' it?
  5. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I love this bike , just sayn
    Norman Foley likes this.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tim,
    Could you give us a little more info in this thread, about your Lectron and Buds Racing head, etc. I know you've posted in other threads here, but I keep forgetting where they are! Thanks!
    LandofMotards likes this.
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    150 is bore and stroke. A 200 kit can be done too but i think you need to machine the cases
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The Man, Myth and Legend.... Tommy Norton, testing the TE125 for Trail Rider Magazine.

[IMG]
  9. mr.Skin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    TE125, V990, TXT300
    I have husaberg te125 2012 EU with not 4cs fork and rear PDS, in other it seems it's the same bike. I'm new in 2T, until recently mostly riding on husky SM450 and a little TE250. My fears were about the traction 125 but I was struck by the adjustment of the engine on the bottom of the medium revv. He confidently pulls uphill and fade off very smoothly. Extremely easy and intuitive way clutch. There are slightly nervous behavior on speed only but it was still nice to feel along with its light handling. The only disadvantage is that I can't adapt to jumping with the click of the clutch.

Attached Files:

LandofMotards and Norman Foley like this.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kevin Novello at Trail Rider, gave me a little preview of the TE125 test. They switched to 13/51 gearing. What's everyone running?
    robertaccio likes this.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Trail Rider confirms that '15 4CS are good in variable conditions. They chased jetting, but ended up using setting in manual for conditions.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I thought the bike felt crazy light. Very nimble and semi twitchly like most KTMs feel to me. The suspension was semi harsh and jarring. The motor seemed bog or rip with little in between making it somewhat hard to use. This was in an area that is not really good for 125 class bikes and not set up for me. I could see a lot of potential and the bike is nice but for me would need a lot of setup. Would like to try it again in more normal conditions for me. The owner loves it so dont take this as a bash just my feeling on the bike ridden out of its element on a very short test ride. I greatly prefer the TE250 over this bike.
  13. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah I need to dig into my jetting but just haven't had the time to do any riding the past two weeks and unfortunately none is in my future at the moment till life slows down which it will.
    Once 100% dialed this bike will tick all my boxes and that's really all i can ask for!
    Norman Foley likes this.
  14. Benjimoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 150xc Hypermotard sp
    I have a KTM 150xc.
    It's basically a 125 bottom end with a 144 barrel and piston. You can add a 200 top end but you need to also add the conrod, exhaust, etc.

It's a great bike, very light and nimble, excellent in tight twisty conditions and in the woods and great on the MXtrack but terrible on any lengthy straights. Seriously not built for any Road work.
    But I love the bike, it loves to be revved, it's the only way to ride it!
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Your 150 is a
    Your 150 has a longer stroke, than a 125. 150 bore and stroke is 56x58.4 and 125 is 54x54.5, so not just a big bore 125.
    LandofMotards and robertaccio like this.
  16. Benjimoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 150xc Hypermotard sp
    Lol, yeah I realise that, I said basically without going into the finer details.

There was a question about a big bore kit for the 125, so yes there is a big bore kit available if you add the rod :)
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Really? So not like a Italian Husqvarna. You can't just bolt a 144 kit on???
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 150 is a bore and stroke motor.
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I pulled the trigger on a '15 TE125 yesterday. I'll have it in a couple of weeks. I want to spend a season on a 125, working on my aggression and momentum. No auto clutch on this one. I'm keeping my '12 Husaberg TE250, for trail work and when I feel I need the extra torque, Rekluse and E-start.

I considered turning my '09 WR165, back into a 125, but decided against it. I've gotten pretty dialed in, on riding the KTM based bikes and there are common parts on both bikes. Looking forward to riding and racing a really light and nimble bike again.
    woodsrider, Kim, robertaccio and 7 others like this.
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Thats why you were pushing everyone to post te125 reviews ;) congrats!
    robertaccio and Norman Foley like this.