2014 Tecate Enduro........6DEC....

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Jun 13, 2014.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Sounds sweet!
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Like I said to Rob, sounds sweet! I was just confused, when you said... "Third loop was much cleaner and less drama on those parts.". Sounded almost like you rode some same trail twice. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad you had a good ride!
  4. N4544D Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449 sold, 2018 TX 300 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 XCW, KTM 500 XCF-W
    Oh yeah I mean "those parts" in a general sense. And the best part of the event: no dust!!!
    robertaccio and Norman Foley like this.
  5. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    That was me for sure! I was worried about my legs giving out but it was my arms that did me in-I was cramping up so bad that I couldn't work the clutch or brake (or even hold on). I houred out before even making it to lunch. VERY disappointed, becuase it was awesome riding conditions. I'd like to go back to that stinking rock hill that did me in and see if I could make it up decently without the crowd of stuck riders that were littered all over it. (I added to the carnarge but at least my bike gave some fast guy good traction as he wheelied over it going by! After that hill I was toast. :eek:.
  6. HusqRacr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511, 10' WR300, 2015 FC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 998, KTM 520EXC
    I gotta chime in! That Enduro was awesome!! Although being my first, I had nothing to compare it to. I was on the front row so I got to see plenty of fast guys 2-3 times that day. Ivan passed me like I might have been going backwards.. Ty Davis made it look like he rode every part 30 times prior. Bummer to hear he got ill, figured that since I saw him twice on the side of the trail with his helmet off. Ian was on the grid next to me. Don't feel so bad now he left me so easily.. I didn't make loop 3. Note to self for next year.. Don't help so many people because when you f#$% up- you don't have a time cushion. Maybe that's good Karma for next year- helping install 2 chains and dragging 2 bikes up the rocky sh!t. :excuseme: Loved it!
  7. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Congrats to Los Ancianos MC for putting on yet another epic event. Race of the year!
    I cant imagine just how much work it was cutting all that trail, marking it, then running the event.
    Thanks to Mag 7 for the help running fuel out to the remote pit.
    Thanks to all supporting this event.

My race:
    6th row, right behind Ivan Ramirez. At the start a drone is hovering a few feet above my head. First time i ever saw a drone. Kinda cool. Off we went. It was all just epic, first time i ever had 'too much' traction. RM 4 or 5 or so i dabbed with my left foot for a second and managed to twist my knee in just the wrong way. Couldnt stand on the pegs after that, but hey its an enduro and while it slowed me down, and im not sure i would have finished, i was able to push on and have some fun. Pulled in 4 mins early and took off on the first timed section, a very easy and super fun ride. Then the Beta just shut down! Pulled over, and nothing. Spark? Yes. Gas? yes. Compression? yes? Worked on it for an hour, watched everyone go by. Dave Adams from Los Ancianos riding sweep pulled up, we looked at spark and gas again and pulled the jets and then agreed it just wasnt gonna start. Towed back to the campground. Thank you for the help! Congrats to all the finishers. We had 6 solid guys in our posse, and only 1 finished. Getting to the end was a major accomplishment. 2 smokes where the answer. Most of the DNF's seemed to be the bigger 450's.

-Ekim
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mike,
    Good to see you post! I hope your knee is okay and I'm sure George will sort the bike. Go for it next year:oldman:
    Motosportz likes this.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husq,, you did the good thing.. dont get m wrong here please, however when guys are hung up during specials you gotta be a hard ass, they signed up for the race it aint a trail ride, you gotta move forward as gentlemanly as possible but leave em on the section next time, it is a race. Dont misunderstand help for rescue and clear so you can get through, but remember its a race guys signed up for it if they cant make a section they are in over their head anyway.
  10. HusqRacr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511, 10' WR300, 2015 FC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 998, KTM 520EXC
    Thanks for the good advice Rob, I gotta stay in "Race" mode! Can't wait for the next one-
    robertaccio likes this.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    First special test of the third loop (ST5 part one), started after a fairly tough transfer section from the lunch/fuel stop. Note this is not me, this guy is faster then I am, especially at that point of the race!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFiN4Paf14g#t=71
  13. N4544D Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

holy crap, that pace on 3rd loop? respect
    robertaccio likes this.
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    All my buddies make fun of me for doing the same thing lol.
    FabOneUp, robertaccio and HusqRacr like this.
  15. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Had a Epic time on the hour out , most fun I have ever had on 2 wheels image.jpg
  16. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Loop 1 coming into Check 4 (at the bottom of this hill section). Continued from above-same hill
    [IMG]
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Race event sequence out of order from above, foggy time, first thing in the morning coming into Loop 1 Check 1
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  20. N4544D Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Sweet! I was riding my KTM 80cc....nah just kidding, yes I am that oversized, lol...and yes my googles fogged up :)

tecate5.jpg tecate 1.jpg
    robertaccio and HusqRacr like this.