1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2012 TE310 Race Mode??

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mudvayne, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Scott Halbleib Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch
    Hey guys, good info here. Shocker, but I'm looking to dumb mine down. I'm coming off of a DRZ 400 which has been a bit to handle in the woods. I just picked up a TE 310 with some modifications - full FMF exhaust, ECU, 12 port injector, and I believe a 49 tooth rear sprocket. We ride mostly single track and the thing really lurches at low speed. The guy gave me all the stock items. I was going to switch back to the 4 port and stock ECU to make it a little more manageable, at least until I can get used to it. Will that be an issue with the full exhaust? Also, does the mode button work with a stock ECU?? I've read different things. Any input greatly appreciated!
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    You will hate the 4 port injector because of rampant flame outs. I'd be careful. Maybe put the stock exhaust on to choke it back a bit.
  3. davids70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2012 - Nuda 900 2013
    Don't remove Racing ECU + 12 p.i. It's a must if you want your bike run well from low to full revs. Power Map 2 doesn't work properly with stock ecu. You can put and try the stock exhaust like reveille says.
    A 14T front sprocket could be the response that you are looking for.
    I run mine with stock exhaust without dbKiller and 14-51T sprockets with stock chain.
  4. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Try a G2 throttle cam system with 400 cam. It'll really smooth out the low rpm power delivery.

Easy to fit too.
    Mike-AK likes this.
  5. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Boogie has the answer.
  6. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Dah why the hell didn't I say that? Lol. I have a throttle tamer on my 501 and had one on my 310 too. G2 rocks.
  7. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

It's one of those things that you install, and because it works so well, you forget about it.
    reveille likes this.
  8. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250

Whats the G2 system? can you explain about it?
  9. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    It's a throttle tube with interchangable cams that pull the cable at different rates, either faster or slower. Google "G2 Throttle Tamer." The 400 cam is generally accepted to be the best bet for eliminating jumpiness or surging at low throttle settings.
    Alberto likes this.
  10. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    For years we all were seeking high performance and fast response. Throttle tamer, dumbing down, etc.., etc... Come on folks... We have arrived at high performance and fuel injection. Make your reactions and limbs high performance to match the machines better. You do adapt in time and nice to have that instant response :eek:
  11. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    The performance is still there. The throttle tamer just makes it usable.
    Boogie likes this.
  12. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Are you saying that if I already have a JDJetting Tuner after installing the ECU/12pt FI on my 2011 TE310 I can skip any further tuning?