1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2012 TE310 Race Mode??

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mudvayne, Dec 4, 2013.

1. ADVRacer Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GSA, Yamaha TW 200, Yamaha R6S
    Was I supposed to receive this kit with the bike? I didn't!
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    It would be an extra but my dealer included it. They weren't required too.
  3. ADVRacer Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GSA, Yamaha TW 200, Yamaha R6S
    Reveille (military background?):
    Thanks for the info pages. I think this forum is going to be extremely useful since I don't have any dealers close by. I do have a question on the O2 sensor, does the electrical plug do anything other than protect the end of the wire, ie, does it send a signal to the computer? Can I just cover up the bare end of the plug with some shrink wrap tubing and put a nut in the exhaust manifold? Also, I haven't removed the baffle from the exhaust yet, can it be cut down to obtain the same result? I'm trying to do this without a trip to a dealer or ordering any high price OEM parts. If I must have the dealer hook up the bike to their computer to allow Map 2, I can live without it. Am I missing something here? The only other issue is the sprocket and chain. If the change in sprocket size wasn't so dramatic (40-50), I could get by without replacing the chain. In the end, changing the sprocket will be up to my own preference. In your personal opinion, since I'm not racing (yet), is the 40-tooth sprocket going to hamper weekend trail riding. We'll still be riding some public roads between trail heads and riding in the dual sport events. Any personal opinions would be appreciated.
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    [IMG]There is a power up jumper plug that goes into the O2 sensor plug. It has a resistor in it that causes the ECU to default to race mode. You should be able to order the part from a Husky dealer online. Halls Cycles? My chain needed 3 links added to install a 50t rear sprocket. Does your bike have a blue push button switch on the left handle bar side? Mounted between your muffler and header, at the joint, is a cat converter that is inserted in there. (see photo) Remove it by unbolting the muffler and midpipe, you will see it jammed in the joint. It looks like a honey comb sleeve. Call Hall's, they will get you the necessary parts. Yes military background indeed:thumbsup:
  5. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Yes. Significantly. I've got a 50 on mine. Likely going to 52 in the spring.
  6. Mudvayne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, KTM 300 XCW
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley, CR500AF, XR650L, Z50, RC-51
    Both my Husky bikes came with extra sprockets and chains of different lengths (40 tooth and 50 tooth sprockets) and air cleaner cage and few other odds and ends. Just to be clear there are 3
    baffles actually two and one is a catalytic converter the other screws in the end and the third is spot welded half way down inside the pipe..I cut mine out to resemble my TXC exhaust..see pics below. The picture far bottom is my TXC pipe which is straight thru the pic above is the TE with baffle half way down! I don't recommend anyone doing this as I have not tested it and I'm prepared to buy an aftermarket exhaust system anyway and noise wont be a concern to me as this bike is not going for much pavement riding just short pavement crossings!!

IMG_2488.JPG IMG_2491.JPG TE_Pipe.JPG TXC_Pipe.JPG
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Nice, thanks for posting the photos:thumbsup:
  8. Mudvayne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, KTM 300 XCW
    Other Motorcycles:
    As far as I know you will have to go to the dealer to get the resistor as well as have them re-flash the computer for the mapping basically your reverting the bike to a non-street legal bike.. like a TXC or a motocross bike. I don't think the resistor changes the mapping just tells the computer there is no errors.. IE the O2 sensor is missing!
  9. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    That's a bit backwards. The resistor puts it in race mode but to be perfectly clear, the stock 2012 Te310 ECU is not able to be reflashed. I think you may be able to reset the TPS and adjust some of the settings like the CO's with the stock TE ECU but I am not even sure you can do that. You need to replace it with a TXC if you want the bike to be a ripper. Or use a fuel tuner like a JD.
  10. Mudvayne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, KTM 300 XCW
    Other Motorcycles:
    I ended up ordering the TXC stuff so that's a few weeks away..but yes you can re-map everything as I just paid $100 the other day to have it done I told them to make it as close to the TXC as they could..their reply was they got it running close to my other bike which they also did..I have yet to ride it do to crazy snow ice and temperatures!

PS- They also told me the map switch button no longer works when in 'full race mode'
  11. Mudvayne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, KTM 300 XCW
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK I couldn't take it anymore I had to see for myself I just went outside (its about -11c and snowing like a bugger here) to have a brief 'test' ride the map switch doesn't work just says race mode on the dash and the bike actually ripped better than I thought it would maybe the TXC ecu is not needed (now that its on order) lol

****It probably should be noted that I read somewhere that different countries get different ECU's just for the record mine is from Canada! Maybe some have more restrictions than others!? Thoughts!?
    Tinken likes this.
  12. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I got my 2012 TXC unit from a Canadian source. Same #'s as everything else, it's a race unit so no reason to be different.
  13. Mudvayne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, KTM 300 XCW
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sorry glangston were talking about the TE line of bikes road legal ones with different rules and smog settings for different countries etc maybe some countries ECU's are allowed to be programed others may not I wish a Husky rep or someone would chime in that knows 100%.. YES TXC's are for off road all should be the same ECU I would think! :)
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    On the ecu's where you can change the maps, there are different maps for USA, Canada and Europe. As far as changing the maps on a MY12 TXC250/310, we don't have that option. Howerver, we can richen up the map loaded on the ecu a bit. When we raced these models in 2012, we used powercommanders so that we could further change the maps to whatever we wished.
  15. Mudvayne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, KTM 300 XCW
    Other Motorcycles:

Thank you Tinken for clearing things up a little..so with switching to the TXC ECU there will be more options and parameters you can change within iBeat thus giving better performance I assume!?

**I just re-read your post and the ECU in question is the TE ecu not the TXC!
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    They are the same ecu, but with different maps loaded on them. If you could somehow get the injector and not the ecu, then you could go straight to powercommander and be able adjust to any map.
  17. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
  18. Mudvayne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, KTM 300 XCW
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tinken likes this.
  19. Mudvayne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, KTM 300 XCW
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey guys being new to Husky bikes and that Mode button on my TE310 I posted some information that is not correct the button does work I didn't realize it just says 'Race Map I' and when you push it it adds a II so it says 'Race Map II' I was not seeing the roman numeral 2 (II) at the end and with out riding it I couldn't check the performance! So seems it works I had a short 15k ride yesterday and I'm pleased with how it runs except off idle it hesitates than pulls hard hopefully the injector and ecu upgrade will eliminate that. Also it only has 44 k so I think it loosens up around 100. I got the hand guards mounted as well will post pics in another forum on that one.
  20. richard kersten Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    klx 250s vulcan 900 yamaha stryker
    My 310 had that same hesitation and once I put in the ecu and injector it didn t happen again.