1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2012 TE310 FMF Exhaust set up

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by reveille, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Ok...it hit 50 here today so I took out my '12 TE310 for the first time since installing the FMF header and Q4 Hex silencer back in January. Huge difference over stock exhaust and plenty of power for this old, slow trail rider. Mods so far: power up, TXC ECU and 12-hole injector, 50-tooth Ironman sprocket, and FMF exhaust. I think I'm done with mods.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Sure you are Mike...LOL Glad the exhaust worked out. With mine I did notice a stronger torque curve right away. I have to be careful to not break traction more now than with the stock exhaust. Earlier this spring while riding on partially frozen trails, I got a few pucker momments during acceleration. Overall more useable power everywhere except right off idle.
  3. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

I think the off-idle power is a FI issue we are just going to have to learn to live with. The power just doesn't roll on like it does on a carb bike.
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Accelerator carb specifically. The new 2014 TXC 310 I rode with the new FI had the same bog as Mikuni.
  5. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    Really? That surprises me. I thought the new fuel injection from Kehin that they put on the 13's and 14's had fixed that issue? I have been noticing the issue more and more on my 12' txc310. Im getting more comfortable on it and so I am riding it harder and I have been noticing it more now then ever. When you come out of a corner or anything where the throttle is almost totally closed and you get on it really hard or wide open it just bogs. I have to keep on the throttle a lot in corners and keep blipping the throttle in tight areas so this doesn't happen.
  6. RB7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xt225
    Am I missing something here? I built a few car headers years ago, and if I remember right, internal diameter of the pipe basically determines when peak torque occurs. Larger dia. equals peak torque at a higher rpm. Pipe length can "rock" the torque curve up (higher rpm) in the case of a shorter pipe, or down (lower rpm) in the case of a longer pipe. Two pipes of equal dia. and length should perform equally if both are well made (mandrel bends, nice flanges, etc.) I wouldn't be putting this pipe or that pipe on my bike until I knew its dimensions and thought those dimensions would change the power in the direction I wanted to change it. Just blindly spending big bucks on a different header cuz it is "brand X" is something I wouldn't be doing blindly. Unless you are a hard-core racer where every microsecond counts, changing your pipe is probably not worth it. Especially as most of these bikes are just trail bikes. You'll just end up with more noise in most cases. Sorry if I've offended anyone...I might be wrong.
    Connor likes this.
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    ZipTy ran this setup on their 310's for years racing with proven results. There is a misconception about header pipe sizes and torque. A larger diameter won't reduce torque that was already on tap and the peak torque may indeed move in the RPM range but here I am referencing gains over stock.
  8. richgilb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati SS 1100 Evo , Honda VFR 400

Is there a weight saving here? I compared an Arrow silencer against stock silencer on an 08 TE250 and it was approx 3kg lighter. I then compared the Arrow from the 08 TE250 with the stock Leo Vince can on my new 2013 TE310 and there was only half a kg difference.
  9. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Yes this setup is just over 3lbs lighter than the OEM. It is also 2 db quieter too. That was a unexpected bonus. It's a deeper softer tone. FMF isn't my favorite company lately but it seems to be working good so far.
  10. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Why no likey FMF?
  11. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    #66 comes to mind
  12. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I guess I'm out of the loop.
  13. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I'm out of the loop to. It seems some posts were edited in the discussion that was taking place about the profits from shirt sales and stuff not all going where they were suppose to.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  14. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    If anyone is interested, I am selling my ZipTy Racing FMF Factory 4.1 exhaust. It will come with everything you need except for the longer bolts. I am also selling the quiet insert (bought this separately though fmf) and the spark arrestor (also bought separately through fmf). I recently rode the bike back to back with the stock exhaust and was shocked how much extra snap this exhaust brought to the table. Let me know if anyone is interested.
  15. richgilb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    What is extra snap?
  16. richgilb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR165,
    Other Motorcycles:

So you get at least 1lb saving in the header pipe, surely?
  17. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    The head pipes were about the same weight as each other. The difference on the mufflers was dramatic. The OEM muffler was a lead weight in comparison.
  18. richgilb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    I wonder if the silencer changed for 2013? Mine is much much lighter than the one of the pre x-lite models.
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The system Connor is selling was custom made for Cory Graffunder and is not an ordinary FMF system.
  20. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Get that documented on letterhead and sell it on "Pawn Stars." Maybe they can put it on that pathetic Husky chopper they made.
    reveille likes this.