1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2012 TE310 FMF Exhaust set up

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by reveille, Nov 1, 2013.

1. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I just finished installing a new FMF Powerbomb and factory 4.1 rct. My question is do I need to make any ecu adjustments to get things running right? I have the txc ecu with the 12 hole. I haven't ran the engine yet because the silicone needs to cure until tomorrow. Tia
  2. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    If you have iBeat it wouldn't hurt to play around with the CO settings. I seem to remember others with racing exhausts running around 102/105/108 with good luck.
  3. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    OK I will run it hard tomorrow and see what its like. I have a enduro event Sunday so I hope its good enough as is or I will need to reinstall the stock exhaust. Its exactly 2 lbs lighter than the stock exhaust if anyone cares.
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Ran it hard today and it seems to run very well with as is. It freakin really rips throughout the RPM range. This bike has been so good to me all season so that is why I gave her the new exhaust. I must get getting soft in my old age;) One thing that needed some attention was the left side coolant hose clearance to the power bomb header. It is about 5mm from the header so I wrapped the rubber hose with some self adhesive heat shield wrap and used some safety wire as extra holding power. Not sure if the header would melt the rubber without it but I don't want to find out.
  5. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Got any pics? Did you have to special order the 4.1 or is it available off the shelf?
  6. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I ordered it from flyncycle here in Illinois. $490 shipped total. Power bomb and Factory 4.1 can with midpipe. I went with the titanium version part #045339 The header has the bung for the sensor and the bosses for mounting the heat shield. . Everything fit like a glove. It looks like the muffler is the older version rct 4.1 that was made to fit the te310 but is now discontinued.
    [IMG]
    richgilb, AllOut84 and Mike-AK like this.
  7. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Just went on their website and it is not listed. You must have got the last one. Bummer...I'd buy that exhaust all day long at that price.
  8. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    I wonder how this setup compares to the 4.1 system I have. Looks good though. I also have a 4.1 with power bomb, but I got it from ZTR. I hope you are liking yours.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Nice system Rev, looks awesome. :thumbsup:

@Connor, not the same.
  10. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    [quotdon't ike-AK, post: 358872, member: 11251"]Just went on their website and it is not listed. You must have got the last one. Bummer...I'd buy that exhaust all day long at that price.[/quote]
    They dont have it listed. I had to make some calls to Halls to verify part numbers then I called flyncyle and told them what I needed. They did say that they only had 1 muffler in stock in the warehouse but made it sound like they can get more. They are on eBay too. I had to search 2010 txc250 to find anything. IT came with a quiet insert but no spark arrestor. I called fmf and they told me the new ones come with a combo quiet insert spark aresstor and the model i have is an older model from 2010 and they are sending me the spark arrestor insert. Everything fit perfect and was new packaging.
  11. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    This is what the system looked like after I unboxed everything. The midpipe is actually separate from the muffler but I slid it on for the picture.
    [IMG]
  12. tristo83 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE250
    Hi there- i'm looking at getting a system for my 2013 TE 250R... what made you go with FMF? I'm considering FMF along with Arrow, Akra and Leo systems.... FMF seem to price a lot better..

Cheers.
  13. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    If I was you I would consider Pro Circuit, FMF, and Akrapovic. I don't think your going to get much of a gain from the other systems.
  14. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Price was key to me. I'm cheap:)
  15. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I think I'm going to stick with the stock Leo Vince. I'm old and slow. I don't think an exhaust is going to do much for me except look and sound cool.
  16. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Maybe the extra HP would allow me to pull the taller gearing I'm using on my '13 te310 (13/45) and get some more low-end grunt....?:thinking:
  17. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 430AE (2), 88 430AE, 87 430WR (2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    87 250 XC, 87 430 CR, '17 GG 300
    I upgraded to the Akrapovic exhaust on my 310. Worth every penny IMO.
    I upgraded for the torque gain not necessarily for the HP gain. If you want to pull taller gears and have more grunt (torque), I would think about an upgrade. Knowing how I was using the bike, it just made sense. I'm a happy camper. I did have to do some iBeat changes afterwards though.
    I'd really like to turn the bike over to Tinkin and have ZipTy do some magic mapping on it too.
    Dave
  18. Dregz260 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Te 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 SDG 150, 2004 Honda 400ex

How hard is it to take the quiet insert in and out. I just got the system installed on my 2014 the 310 by the dealer and can not figure out how to take it out other than take the whole exhaust apart. I like it loud on the road helps for the people on their cell phones.
  19. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    There is only one bolt that holds it in. I think it's an 8mm and it is at the very end. You'll see the head of the bolt sticking up on the inside of the exhaust tip.
  20. Dregz260 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Te 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 SDG 150, 2004 Honda 400ex
    I saw that in so
    I saw that in some models but there is none in mine. It's a rct 4.1 aluminum