1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2011 WR150 OWNER Keeping Mikuni 38mm Carb

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by master62, Jul 20, 2011.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

John,

Yours has the older TMX. The two demand completely different jetting for the main because of design differences.
  2. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    thanks, Walt, i didnt even think of that... sorry, john!
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No problem thanks guys. I was just thinking if my bike runs as good as it does now how much better could it be. I just have a hard time just leaving stuff alone LOL !My TT Porshe has different impellers on the turbos, my F150 was dyno tuned, etc etc..
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Mine is 6chy16-62, 2nd clip, 460 main, 35 pilot, stock/silver spring/ 40:1. Mine has been running perfect but last time went riding, it seemed to spooge more. Found out that my gear oil was low. Looks like crank seal is bad.
  5. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    bummer on the seal :( is it a 125 or 144?

i'm going to try the 460 Main again and a 30 Pilot.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    144, but just watch your crank seals. Couple of other guys are finding them to go bad on our 09's.
  7. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    hmm, that sucks but thanks for the heads up!
  8. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

How exactly does one measure the float height on the TMXX?

I took mine off last night and measured where it drains gas. It will tip to the left 38 degrees, to the right 50, up hill about 38, and it did lot drip at all in the down hill direction.
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Excellent question!
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    On the TMXX it is the top of the pyramid on float to the base of carb. Don't forget, when you adjust it, it should just hit the little preload needle, inside the needle. If you compress that little preload needle till it touches the needle, your measurement will be wrong. Helps to hold the carb at a slight angle. Think it is 6-7 mm height. mine might be more of a 7 or 8 mm from the base?

Attached Files:

11. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Great pic. I had to go from 6 to 7.5ish to get the TMXX on my CR 150 to quit spewing gas. Seems to be fine now.
  12. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Also, here is a little pointer I do. Go purchase a little String Level at your local home improvement store. I think they are sometimes around $2.

With your bike sitting on the stand (On level ground), with carb mounted, but not clamped tight, top of carb off and with slide out. Place this level on top of your carb to level it from side to side. Then tighten your clamps. That way you know it is level. Try it once without the level and see how far you are off. I do it on all carbs so the float never hangs up or is leaning too far in a turn.

Attached Files:

typeone likes this.
  13. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    '09 WR125...Happy with the 38 Mik., but only after some trials and tribulations that I think were still not carb related...after changing out to the CR ignition I think either carb will work. Didn't need two different carbs and sold the Keihin for cash for other goodies and the Mik is working...
    470 main, 32.5 pilot, RM needle, 3rd down, #5 slide, BR9EG plug, Air Screw out 1 1/2 turns...seems to be back to 125 ripping form!

A lot of thanks to a lot of guys/gals on the forum for pitching in their 3 cents and more to get us back on track...

14. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Good diagram. I don't think you even need to measure it. Just adjust so that the floats are parallel to the float bowl mating surface exactly when the valve closes and they should be good.
  15. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    That's a great tip! Thanks. I could never figure out why they don't notch the intake boots like other bikes.
  16. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

When I set my float at parallel to the carb float bowl sealing edge, the TMXX is puking gas like a stuck pig. I am measuring at a slight angle and setting to first contact with the needle valve and before their is any compression of the inner spring. :excuseme: I have my current setting with the floats about 2mm from parallel and it is still loosing gas under hard breaking and fairly shallow leaning. I am going to do some work with it this weekend to find the point where it actually starves for gas under prolonged WFO runs. I will let you know where that point is. 480 main, 27.5 pilot, rm needle in the middle, air speed at 1.5 turns out, #5 slide.
  18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I set mine by blowing in the inlet fuel line while raising the float. I set it so that the float was a little below level when the needle shut off the fuel. It worked out so that it peed fuel at about the same time the left peg touched the ground. I tried going a little lower and it ran out of gas any time after 3 or 4 seconds at wide open in 4th or 5th. I know this is not the repair manual way of doing it but I figured it will get better or worse so keep at until it's at the sweet spot.
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ju
    Just watch smoking a cigar when you do I and put your bifocals on so you get us an accurate measurement.
  20. gixxer_gixxer Husqvarna
    B Class

Excellent tip dartyppyt, wonder if husky in future would put a notch in reeds intake rubber to correct this?