Adjusting Floats...

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by pvduke, Aug 4, 2011.

1. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Seems we're getting a ton of float questions and such so...Here's an article I found interesting...and has a lot of good info. Covers CV and puller's. I put up the link as the text probably won't copy too well and all that so....if you can get the text to come over nicely, go for it and post it up!

Use common sense and if the numbers dont apply to your carb then, don't use them.
    I simply adjust my float to be level with the parting line (actual or theoretical) of the carb body w/ zero lash or preload on the needle plunger.

Verify all parts are cherry FIRST.
    Bend (adjust) the tang with float off the needle, out of the carb is best. DO NOT use the float themselves as a grab handle. Back-down the bracket with something (tweezers etc) and gingerly adjust the TANG, don't bend the float et al. up or down by grabbing it and yanking.

Toss brass ones in the can and get new foam ones if you can. Brass ones go bad FAST when ya dont drain yer carb. They get pitted and such, take on gas and then...yer boned!

Enjoy!

http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tuning_procedures/tuning_float_height_adj_procedure.html