2011 tc450???

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Motorcycles Corporation' started by 1kstep, May 31, 2010.

1. 1kstep Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15FE350s
    Other Motorcycles:
    09KTM300xc-w
    Now that BMW owns Husky are they planning on getting rid of their G450X and make Huskys or do they have the two brands keep their souls and have them compete against one another?

Apparently, part of the idea is to put some of the G450X warts (underseat gastank, engine placement, Kymco etc) onto the Husky. :banghead: I'd understand a little more if the G450X was winning a ton of races or customer demand for them really high...but neither of these is the case. Not that the Husky doesn't have warts of it's own: suspension, kickstand, parts availability, plastics, midpipe that burns pants, and other minor design oddities.

As a current, devoted BMW owner, I like the idea that perhaps the purchase of Husky gets BMW back into winning rallys like the Dakar by using the good parts of the Husky. Apparently, however, they've chosen to continue the BuildMotorcyclesWeird tradition and have this weirdness creep into their Husky line. Why not take what you learned from Cagiva and grow that incrementally. Otherwise you run the risk of diluting the Husky brand just as it's gaining momentum. No one wants a G450X, and even less will want one with Husky stickers on it.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/52903...to/2011-Husqvarna-TC450-Prototype-Photos.aspx
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Several long threads about this already. Use search.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Welcome my friend to the great world of Husqvarna :banana:

Ain't this cool ... A bmw guy liking bmw for buying a dirt bike company to help bmw do well in the dirt :)

And you speak the Gospel and many, many of the words that lots of us are worried about ... Thank you aplenty !!! I see great things for you in your biking future ....

That engine you speak of seems like super glue as it is stuck here and put on UR hip waders and hard hat as it gets deep in here on this subject ... Its amazing how well you pegged this company marriage on UR first try ... Are you the dirt bike messiah? :)
  4. 1kstep Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15FE350s
    Other Motorcycles:
    09KTM300xc-w
    You assume (wrongly) that I hadn't been drinking when I wrote this. :lol:
  5. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Here is the thread: http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10279 about 22,000 views :applause: