2011 North East Husky Gathering info

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by Joe Chod, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Lets all keep Jean and Norm in our prayers during this time.
    Coffee likes this.
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK all...lets chatter it up! Too damn quiet!
    Who's coming?
    Any special needs ( no booze requests...BYOB!)
    Nice looking forecast with temps in the 70s
    Swag rolling in and some new husky demos to ride including a 449!
    Coffee likes this.
  3. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    I'll be there on Sat.
  4. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I am gonna try and come up Saturday.
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Due to the minor earthquake here on the east coast, all the tabletops on the grass track are now doubles and there are some new ripple whoops section otherwise the game is still on!
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    doing just that. Seem like great people. :cheers:
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    You actually felt that where you are?
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

the track is fine but there was some other damage from the quake. I hope I can recover.

[IMG]
    Coffee likes this.
  9. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Joe, you had better wait for some of us to get there before you start putting your furniture back in place after the quake!

Seriously, what is the itinerary for Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Chuck
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  11. VTtxc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310, 1987 WR 430 1987 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 Suzuki RMX,1980 Can-Am 400
    Myself and two other riders and 1 non riding guest are coming. Hope the rain expected for Sunday holds off! Had a great time last year.
  12. spinkta boy Husqvarna
    A Class

Joe, Looks like you're getting hammered with rain now? We had it come through NJ earlier today. I spent a few hrs last night putting a new slave rebuild kit (piston) in the 310 so I could still be sure to come up. Now getting concerned about Irene. They just cancelled Beehive Enduro. What are the forecasters saying about getting hit and timing up your way? My only concen is pulling the camper in high winds. If need be, I'll come up for the day on Saturday.
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Believe me Irene has been the bane of my existence this week. Working to 10 pm every day. Had some showers today but not bad. fast and then done. No rain for my area until maybe some sat late night and then sunday looking like later to get the forefront of Irene but no severe winds here. Diferent for NYC area and coastal Jersey. If you want to blow off sunday, that would probably be prudent kowing the route you will drive home. Camper not required as the house is right across the street from the parking field and plenty of room. If you want to leave the camper in NJ thats fine as my case is your casa.
  14. VTtxc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I will be tenting Fri afternoon in the field. Maybe it would be good to sleep in the truck for Sat. night if sunday is going to be nasty!
  15. VTtxc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Any possibility of a rain/hurricane date? It would be a shame to lose Sunday due to ugly weather. I want to bring my 1980 Can-Am 400 Qualifier to show.
  16. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All,
    Cancellations and reschedule are always tough and it is tougher to ensure that I contacted everyone who planned on coming.............. so it is still on. There are other sources aside from CH where this event was promoted , especially from the vintage side of the house and us vintage nuts do tend to communicate in "cryptic" methods.

The house is big and there are several couches and spare bedrooms I an offer and will. no sense cramping up in a vehicle..done that many times and tough on he old bones. tough thing about re scheduling is folks on the way..school starts soon...already took friday off, Labor day plans looming etc. etc. We will make the best of it and who here has not ridden in the rain? Fri and Sat look fine for now as rain is not due to hit until sat after 8 pm.

Thats about how it plays out so it is game on.....remember...Normandy went alright even though the weather was foar less cooperaive than we are facing.

Joe
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    How is it going?
  18. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great riding with an even better group of people--tough to top that!
    Coffee likes this.
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I talked to Joe last night and all was going well. They were in Joe's house bench racing and watching ISDT/ISDE vids. 1961 ISDT's Scooter Class was getting big laughs in the background! Turnout was small due to Irene's impending arrival, but they had a good day of riding and swag raffles. Today will be a washout, with heavy rain and high winds. We are looking at a "redux" in late Septmber or early October, so more people (Including myself!) can attend....
    Coffee likes this.
  20. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

scored one of those cool husky t-shirts,i tried to translate it on google,its sweedish,but the translation isnt very clear save for a few words,anyone want to help?

"duellen mellan woods och guthrie gick motor historien. woods medel hastighet de den 10,000- kurviga isle of man var 136 km det finn dock en askins engels-mannen frukta mer al alla and husqvarna det skulle forvana om huskyn sagt sista ordet an vad hander 1 da"