2011 North East Husky Gathering info

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by Joe Chod, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The Northeast Husky Gathering is coming at ya’ soon! This year’s event will be held 26 thru 28 August 2011. For those who are unaware of this annual event as it goes into its fifth year, it is a get-together of Husqvarna owners and riders.

The address is 3122 Duanesburg Churches Rd, Delanson, N.Y. 12053. (Arrows will be up on event days to facilitate guiding the Husky faithful) There is ample level parking.

There is an old school ribboned and bannered grass track MX Scrambles style track as well as a lengthy arrowed Enduro trail loop. You will meet good people to ride with and have an all-around good time. There's a huge raffle, with lots of stuff from event sponsors, including riding gear, bike 'bling' & accessories, and gift certificates. The Gathering is strictly for fun, not for profit. Proceeds from the event will help support several Team USA riders efforts at the 86th I.S.D.E in Finland.

You need to bring at least one Husqvarna or an any make vintage bike. (All non- water cooled non disc are welcome…if in doubt about what is vintage…ask us…we are lenient!) (Other modern makes ridden by a friend or family members are OK, as long as a “Sponsor” with a Husky or vintage is in attendance.) There is a vintage bike parade lap, a lot of Free riding and some scheduled fun events (accell/brake test, grass track challenge, vintage bike show, oldest bike, furthest travelled, mystery lap time pool, and other events!) Due to us Husky guys being a little older, many bring their spouse and/or girlfriend.

Registration fee per rider: -$50.00.

Non riding guests are -$15.00.

(no pre-registration this year but RSVP’s and any “Special requests/needs” will be welcomed and addressed.) There are also a few hotels nearby if you would like.

As said, it is a fundraiser for some of our own who will represent the USA at the 6 days and it all goes to them after the minimal expenses for the event are paid. The fee also includes a 2 sided full color event T-shirt for all attendees! Primitive Camping is available and it means a nice level field......no hookups but also 2 porta potties and my house is literally across the street if anyone needs anything from it.........i.e. water, laundry, crashed in a mud hole and need a shower, and of course the big screen at night with bike videos and a refreshing beverage.

This is not a dealer demo event. However, Husky has attended in the past and brought some next year model bikes that were prototypes for us to try. We always have at least 3 Husky Dealerships attend and they are top shelf! There also will probably be the current model year bike you are looking at with one of the attendees and we are a good crowd for "letting a bud take your bike for a rip."

More details at:

http://www.huskygathering.com/index.html

Check out the various tabs on the site for more details.

Thanks,

Joe & Norm.
    vegtablebrain and Coffee like this.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Joe is heading to Finland for the ISDE and will be away for 2 weeks, so I'll start beating the drum! So who's coming? Husky Rep Fred Hoess is bringing 1 or 2 bikes to demo and drool over. We've been discussing all sorts of cool things to do Time to start the roll call.....
  3. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am in!

Chuck
  4. Green Mtn Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    Planning on coming
  5. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've still got your blue axle blocks!:busted: See you there...
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hanging here at the 6 days and watchong some of the best get ready. Gonna be tough but good. Reminds me of the little rhody enduro in RI. Sand and rocksM. Hope to bring back some EZ Pz swag for giveaways. Lots of otherr swag coming so make this a must attend year if ever there was onem

Joe
    Coffee likes this.
  8. taticalguru Husqvarna
    C Class

Im new to Huskys mine is still in peaces mind if I ride over with my 72 Yamaha DS7.
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Any vintage bike welcome! We'll throw some knobbies on it, so you can do the parade lap!
  10. taticalguru Husqvarna
    C Class

HAHA sound like fun!
  11. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    Ruffus glad to see you make it again this year. Unfortunately,the only old thing I can bring is my wife:awww:. See ya soon Bob
  12. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

And every attending participant will graciously thank you for that :applause: :cheers:
    See you guys there.
  13. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ill be there again norm,although i dont currently own a husky,i still travel in the husky van,may drag mark b and shane so we have one husky in the van!!
  14. spinkta boy Husqvarna
    A Class

Norm, I'll be there again with my family. Kara has alredy scared Deb (my wife) during this summer's Ridge event saying that Joe's woods course is tougher than last year in Cortland. Hopefully the grass track will be fun for her TT-125.
  15. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I so wish I could come this year, but alas, other plans interfere.

Plus, I want to give someone else the chance to win all the raffle prizes!

Have fun, everybody!
  16. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Doh!

I forgot all about them.

See ya when I get there. :thumbsup:
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Got some swag from isde

Did not get anything autogrphed by anyone on purpose
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I won't be able to make the Gathering.... Jean had to have an unexpected surgery yesterday and may need to have another next week.
  19. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    Norm, Sorry to hear you won't be at the gathering. We will miss you this year. My familys' thoughts and prayers go out to you and Jean. Bob & Pam.
  20. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry you won't be there Norm. Praying for Jean's quick recovery.