2009 Contingency announced

Discussion in 'Racing' started by raisrx251, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    A general statement....

Café Husky is for the Husqvarna riders and part of that is to (hopefully) transfer information to the corporate Husqvarna people that decide things. It is also a communication tool for corporate Husqvarna people to communicate information to the riders if they choose.

How well those corporate Husqvarna people are treated is up to the members of Café Husky as a whole, which in turn will quite probably determine how often they visit, or log in when they do visit. Anyone can visit the Main forum as a guest and see the content without logging in.

For the moment pretend I am "Dean" VP of the XYZ division and I sign up on this site, said hello, and passed on information:
    1. If people addressed me on the forums by name (Dean) asking me questions & sending PMs when I was already working 80 hour weeks resolving known issues with the XYZ division, maybe I would not log in very much and possibly turn off the PM box
    2. If people thanked me for delivering the information and engaged in light hearted conversation I'd be tempted to log in and visit on my coffee breaks and put up pics of rides and share stories just like everyone else does.

I can only do so much, the rest is up to the members of Café Husky, it is up to you to decide 1 or 2. My hope is #2 is chosen the majority of the time.

Once again, welcome Scot. :cheers:

2. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Well put Dean, and I hope others choose #2 as well .

The parts is a hassle, but sometimes you have to work for what you want, call all the dealers you can handle...chances are one of them will have what you need or can point you in the right direction.

As for the contingency...patience is a virtue and not all have it, you might have waited some time for your HuskyBucks, but I doubt anyone will be left hanging at the end of the day. I couldn't be any happier with all the dealings I've had with people that ride these great machines and the people involved with the brand, be it dealers or someone like Scot who takes the time to relay this information through a venue like this.

Thank you Scot and Thank you Husky...
    Adam
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All be patient and man up...........if you wanna complain..........ride an orange bike as there is enough there to complain about; (bike price......parts cost.....looking like everyone else.......etc.)

No disrespect meant to anyone at all.........not even the orange crew.

Joe
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks Scott for comming on line to let us know you are watching.No compaints here
    it will all get handled .I love my Husky 125 and cant wait to show up at the first National with the # 1 plate on it John Kearney
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Scot Harden, congratulations on the AMA Motorcycle hall of Fame induction!!!
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    +1:cheers:
  7. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX

Thanks Coffe,

I really appreciate your efforts to guide this discussion. You have really hit on some very important points about how this website can be used as an effective channel for communication between our customers and corporate.

At my former employer, any "official" involvement with a website like this would have been frowned upon in major way. I always thought that was a little decietful as corporate was always logging onto the consumer sites anonymously to check out what was going on and use that information to prepare corporate responses and intiatives as to what was being said and discussed. I can even go so far to say that some companies enlisted "spys" to infiltrate the discussions and guide them in more advantageous ways to their corporate agenda.

I always thought this was b.s. but I can certainly understand the bunker mentality the pervades corporate board rooms of which I have seen my fair share.

I have joined this website to let all of you know that we are listening and paying attention to what our customers are saying and the experience they are having in dealing with us. We intend to use this information to make us a better company. No, this doesn't mean we will be able to react to every desire expressed on this site. And it most certainly doesn't mean that I can engage in a one on one discussion with each of you.

What it does mean is that we are listening. This is a great site supported by some of the most dedicated customers we have. Thank you, each and everyone one of you, for toiling in the wilderness for so long!
    Better times are ahead for Husqvarna, but it will take a lot of hard work and patience to get there.

Now, let me update you on a couple of items we are working on.

1.) 2008 Contingency. This past two week we have diverted a number of staff to get the 2008 Contingecy claims processed. We know we are way behind. we are working to resolve all outstanding Contingency claims before the end of the year. At least get the awards mailed back to the consumer. We apologize for the delays. By the way we are paying out some serious cash. You guys must be on the gas.

2.) 2009 Contingency. We are delaying posting the complete 2009 program because we are working with an outside company that will hopefully take over the processing of all 2009 claims. If we are succesful, the 2009 program will look completely different as far as the claims process goes. It will all be done on line through a very professional company. Registration will be on line, claims will be submitted on line, the turnaround in processing will be very fast and efficient. We will have news to announce on this after the first of the year.

3.) Ty Davis has been signed. A release will be issued next week. He has a very young and hungry team. they will compete in WORCS, Endurocross, select AMA National H & H, Best in the Desert and other west coast oriented events.

4.) Glenn Kearney just returned from a week of testing at the factory. He is pumped. Both he and Wyatt are working like h@#$ to get ready for the start of the GNCC season. We are getting a new transporter for the two of them. It should be great. And by the way, the guest factory rider for the day is going off the hook. The armed services applications we are getting are absolutely amazing. These guys and gals are true American heroes.

Thats it for now. As Coffee so eloquently points out how you guys choose to use this opportunity to keep this discussion open is up to you. I hope that it can be a positive and productive exercise.

Happy Holidays and Best of luck to all of you in the New Season. May all your rides be good rides. And always remember.........

Heroes Ride Huskys!

Scot
  8. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the heads up Scot. You didn't have to, but did anways -- I appreciate it.

Dave
  9. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you for those tid bits of information. Keep them coming! As for 2008 contingency, that is exactly what we wanted to hear. And I really like the sound of the 2009 program being outsourced and completely online. Should make things much easier and faster for both parties.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you as well,

Derek Toberman
  10. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I always knew I'd grow up to be a hero!:busted:

Scot....Wow, thank you for your time, each and every day I grow more proud to be a part of this great brand!:applause:

Husky 4 Life...now we just need to figure out our own gang sign....(trying to make a gunsight with my hands is tough):lol:
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You are very welcome. That is my nature, to guide.

And from corporate to customers, or as I think of them, Husqvarna riders and enthusiasts.

There are almost limitless ways that this site can be used to pass information. As an adjunct to standard channels of communication, in lieu of them, and everything in between. Anyone can sign up and post information - anonymously if they want, or even multiple accounts as needed to help others. They could pass on information of interest (those parts are backordered) or items of great importance such as the proposed 100% tariff on the Euro bikes in the USA. Doing that would be much faster than going through other more traditional communication channels.

A designer could even sign up and or ask for opinions such as "here is a sketch of a new bike I've been working on, what do you think?" - interactively while he is working on the sketches. Then he could take peoples input/opinions into the design review meetings with the marketing department. That would not be a substitute for an independent Customer Review Panel, just more input - from the people that actually buy the bikes.

I can think of 100's of ways this site can help and here are a few:
    1. Use it as the simple communication tool it is now
    2. Internal sections added for whatever needs you have such as a subgroup of members giving input on a design privately
    3. Or even a completely separate & independent site could be set up to facilitate communication within corporate Husqvarna - owned & controlled by them. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be trying to keep track of all those emails.
    The future is a blank canvas.

It is quite obvious that these times are not good and everyone needs to work smart. If Husqvarna wants to grow during these times Café Husky is available as a tool to help.

This site 'Plays Different', you and others will be well treated.

Happy Holidays Scot, I mailed some shirts to your address in NJ yesterday, hope that's ok.

Feel free to post up your own riding stories & pics! :cheers:

Dean
  12. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great stuff going on here.

Really nice to see.

Hats off to Dean and Scot. :thumbsup:
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Scot, or anyone else from Husqvarna, this is a serious offer. There are many other possibilities, such as an announcement only 'Husqvarna Corporate' section where only a select few could post up information. You could present information whenever you want, and delete whenever you want.

Might save some time on the phone & writing emails...

Dean

14. printgoon Husqvarna
    B Class

Thank you Scot for being in the forum. Its good to see a factory rep involved. Much of the info given in forums(not this one of course) seems to be from the hip.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Has the latest 09 contingency sheet been made available yet? No sweat just wondering.