2009 Contingency announced

Discussion in 'Racing' started by raisrx251, Dec 11, 2008.

1. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

WOW Why aren't more people racing Husky's? :excuseme:
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

:banghead:
  4. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is a great question. They are the only ones paying out anything in my neck of the woods....
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Looks like the B and C riders took a beating............B only pays back to 4th and C to 2nd places. Used to be back to 5th in all classes at district races. Better than anyone else though and there is a little bit of a recession going on.........
    joe
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got my money yesterday!!

Thank You Rob Keith.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Nice!

Any tidbits for others that may still be trying to get the 2008 contingency $? Too late? I don't race but others do.

I just read the pdf in the first post. I know nothing about these things but that document appears clear, articulate, well worded, with all needed information and the website listed works! And the website has incredible pictures and no in-your-face flashing pictures - Pretty awesome :applause:

Keeping in mind that website can be updated at any time (compared to printed brochures)... Can anyone find where the contingency program is talked about/advertised/or instructions to redeem? If it is not there I'm sure it will be in place soon with Scot at the helm... at least I'm getting the distinct impression things are getting better.

9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    But.... clicking on the 'Home' button brings up the corporate site with all the in-your-face flashing pics...

At least it appears to me that
    www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com is the usa site and
    www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com is the corporate site.

I have no knowledge other than what I see on the screen.... Maybe the North American HSQ has their own site now, wish someone would fill me in.

EDIT - I'm soooo confused. Just noticed they were the same link I typed, something to do with the 'home' button on that site getting to what appears to be a completely different site
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    the address for Harden is @husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com
    but no site there yet
  11. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    We are working on our own site. We are not happy with the way the current site works. We apologize to those you are waiting for their 2008 contingencies. We are working through the process. Stay tuned the 2009 Contingency program is being revised as we speak. A new one will be issued next week. Just some minor changes though.

Scot Harden
  12. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

True, Joe....our district 22 payouts changed too. B used to pay $100 for first, and down to 5th. Now shows $50 and down to second.

Disappointing, to be sure, but still better than zilch.
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

True something is better than nothing but I would still ride a Husky if ther was no bucks and it is why I have ridden them since 83. Gonna jump on th 4 stroke bandwagon for 09 (TE250). Real tempting not to as I have been on their 125's only since 88! And the 09 WR125 looks the bomb!
  14. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree. Rode quite a few other bikes of various colors this last year (swapping :eek:) and always couldn't wait to get back on mine. I do love that TXC...

And welcome Scot! [IMG]

Please tell me we'll be able to buy all of the cool Husky euro swag soon...
  15. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Scot, Rob, to whoever Husqvarna NA,

We all know that you are busy with transitioning to the new ERA. And we have all been very patient with contingency payment. But when is all the BS gonna stop?

When we ask our dealership when are the bikes coming? When are we gonna get paid, ect... All I get is... "they are on the way. Rob K. has a stack of contingency claims on his desk, he is working on it." That was back in September maybe even August. Still no honest answer on anything. I am a die hard Husky fan, been riding one since 99 and have been watching all my local "idols" riding them since 93.

Is there a number we can contact to "review" our contingency claims like we had when Cagiva was in control. I hate just faxing a years worth of contingency in without any reply. I even wrote my cell number on my fax, but still no reply. We want honest answers and I think we deserve it.

I hope someone in charge will make a reply because I am patiently waiting along with many other riders.

Thanks,

Derek Toberman
  16. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

Welcome to CafeHusky, Scot! We're glad you could join us.

We're all thankful you're on board with Husky, and we know you're probably working very hard during this time of transition. We appreciate your efforts.

If there's anything we can do for you here, please do not hesitate to ask either Coffee or myself.

Again, welcome to the CafeHusky community.

WoodsChick
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    As others have said, Welcome to Cafe Husky :thumbsup:

No doubt you will be asked questions on this forum that you are already working very hard to answer, or might be awkward. It is crystal clear to me you have many of the members input and you appear to be working extremely hard on many things - and some of those things you probably have little control over. It is my hope the Cafe Husky patrons will keep those things in mind, be respectful, and not bother you too much.

Once again, welcome, and let me or WoodsChick know if you need anything.

:cheers:
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

It appears Scot is acutely aware of the problem. My guess is these things are not easy to solve, especially with the transition, and are probably not under his direct control.

19. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know he is aware of the problem, and am sure it is not easy to solve. I do not intend to be disrespectful or do I plan to bother anyone.

All of us Husqvarna riders/racers would just like and deserve some honest answers. And like I said in my previous post. "I am patiently waiting along with many other riders."

And by the way thank you for all the work that has gone unseen so far, and welcome to the site.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You are indeed respectful, and I cannot imagine the level of frustration you and the others are having with the 2008 contingency program especially with the 2009 contingency program being announced.

And I cannot imagine how many people are frustrated over other issues like not getting parts... a few have had that problem.

Thing is, forums like cafe husky are all about facilitating communication. How Scot is treated after he had the courtesy to say hello and give information will determine how many from corporate do the same. It is not what you typed but what others will type in the future which will determine this.