2006 SM610-valve adjustment-wrench size/bend the feeler gauge

Discussion in '610/630' started by hollywoodcrash, Apr 20, 2020.

1. hollywoodcrash Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 Husqvarna SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 KTM EXC300, 1972 Honda SL100
    Quick question to the community:
    -For the feeler gauge, I know Motion Pro's gauges are recommended, but could I not just bend the last cm of the tip of a .002" regular feeler gauge, ie, I'm ok if its bent?

Thanks,
  2. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Sorry if this answer comes late but there hasn't been much activity in this forum recently and so personally I don't check it on a daily basis anymore since some years ago... .
    So if I get it right your problem is that, like we can see in this picture http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/610-valve-adjustment.20099/#post-175613, the feeler gauge should be bent becuase it needs to be at an angle in order to access the gap it's supposed to slide into.
    Well, I personally just used a common straight feeler gauge from those sets which open like a hand fan, bending it.
    I think that if it gets warped permanently it won't be accurate along the fold but the parts before and after the fold should be ok.
    If you have access to a micrometer, you can also check the two parts just for the sake of prudence, but I'm quite confident it would be fine.