1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2004-2010 WR250 opinions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Woodsknight, Sep 21, 2009.

1. lookin4trails Husqvarna
    A Class

How long has the current design WR250 frame been around? 2006?

Has the fork offset been changed since 2006?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Way further back than that. I believe my 99 frame was the same as the current one or VERY close.
  3. lookin4trails Husqvarna
    A Class

I thought the frame changed with the bodywork - ie. older bodywork / tank will not bolt on an '06 frame. Maybe Walt knows for sure.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nope. IMS tank off my 02 WR250 fits the 07 WR250. i believe if you change all the plastic you can out the newer plastic on a 2000 model bike. Also there is a few people here that have put the 04 and older plastic on the newer bikes as they like the ergos better.

Last weekend i rode my 94 WXC250 with my buddy who has a 07 WR250. Looking at them side by side is funny. Everything is nearly the same yet slightly different.
  5. lookin4trails Husqvarna
    A Class

6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think the only difference is the newer frames have a post for the tank mount. I thought about putting on the older plastic and IMS but I really don't want to cut the post off my frame. I am not sure what people do to mount the tank when they put a new tank on an older frame.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Guys,

They made some very small changes to steering head angle in 02 that along with the swing arm changes from 01 made a slightly easier turning bike. We are splitting hairs here. My 2000 WR 360 turns very similar to my 06 WR 250. I have swapped the motors to eliminate the extra gyro effect of the 360 and did notice a slightly enhanced turning feel(less effort).

NWRider,

I was very carefull when I removed the post so that I could re-weld it in place if I ever wanted to change back. Now you will need a Mig machine to weld the chrome-moly frame but any good welding shop can handle this. All Husky did is weld the post to the 02-04 frame and I just carefully cut through this weld. Believe me when I say it is well worth it. I would do it again in a heart beat. Husky also moved the tank mounts from the front up an inch. I just pulled the mounts off(unscrew and store) then support the tank along the entire backbone length with 2" pipe insulation. The 06 and later frames still have the threaded hole in the back bone to mount the old style tank.

Walt
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The frame changed a bit in 09 as I have a customer tell me that his IMS tank off his 06 WR250 will NOT fit his 09 WR300.