1999 TE610 with Ca plates

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by robertaccio, Jun 10, 2010.

1. HuskyT Moderator

Moved here at Robert's request. :thumbsup:

T
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    She is 99.9% ready to go
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    went back to the garage and reinstalled the oem exhaust system. will test tomorrow.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I missed this. VERY cool. :thumbsup:

You have a big tough guy dog like mine :lol:
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    yeah and his name is even scary.......Squeaky!!
    long hair Chihuahua
  7. rajobigguy Administrator

You know Robert, seeing you're dog sitting on the seat reminded me of the onld days when my buddy Tom used to ride D-37 events with his dog sitting in front of him. He was a pretty competitive rider even with the canine passenger.:thumbsup:
  8. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you haven't changed the stock 20 watt bulbs out on that UFO headlight, it really helps. I put 37 watt Osram narrow spots in mine and it makes a huge difference.:cheers:

Is that the end cap that came with the Uptite? Does it take the place of the old supertrapp discs they used to have?

Do you know what kind of tripple clamps those are they don't appear to be stock?
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    No lamp change yet thanks for the suggestion

The end cap is a ProCircuit S/A dB end pipe with their standard cover cap over it. It has the standard supertrapp 4in hole pattern but with 3. The bike needed alot of midrange leaning to work properly, of course idle was fine, the 175 main was ok but the mid was tough to manage with my home installed end assy. The bike ran fine with the standard supertrapp config with the UpTite pipe but was too loud for my taste (at this point of my life). I reinstalled the OEM dual setup and she runs great now.

Triple trees, I'll look again, I forgot but I think they are aftermarket, she had a scotts mount post set up on that I removed.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    after getting laughed at for a non-starting Husky. She started on the first kick,,,but when I went to ride off she just died.(gas in the carb bowl was good) after playing and playing and watching the crew take off I went for a RM125 ride for my first post op ride,,,,,take it easy??? nah just got it on the pipe and railed with no issues or rustiness (very happy), as stated by docs @3 months recoverytime you be better than preop.

Went back to camp and pulled the tank on the 610, thought of any variables........I added fuel octane booster was the only difference form the sea level test where she started and ran great. I dumped all the fuel back into my can and got gal of pump no-lead from friend. Pulled plug, cleaned, checked for good spark good. put all back together and tow started it. She fired immediatly. I did a couple of parking lot rides but she stalled into idle still. I raised the idle fairly high to keep it running then turned the mix screw into lean for a rise then ran the idle down a little and did this a couple times. I did leave the idle in a high idle state.
    She was now running great. so we (BRUX partner 250xcfw(?) went to one of ST loops and honestly flogged the beast in the zig zag stuff. No stall ran great, even the suspension is very close, just a little fast on rear rebound (but maybe my issue with on the gas hop ups over rocks). Its was kinda hot, but not bad, high 80s and she did steam alittle, she is all oem with 1.1 cap and regular 50/50 type auto mix, I may go with the non-aqueous and higher pressure cap.

broke my L fwd TS my rear R TS and tucked my plate under from tire contact from brush hits and bouncing.
    I have not ridden the single backbone/older single cam bikes since Y2Ks ex pro TE610
    The chassis is super loose and I was reminded to ride more smooth but regardless it is very forgiving. On flat turns (parking area) it is exceptional for loading and unloading the chassis under control. I am stoked on this machine, and for those of us here that have respect for these multi time world enduro champion machines, they are super good in the off road stuff. The ride style has always fit with me, euro style smooth more seated 1 gear, no roost (well a little), I felt reaquainted with an old girl friend,,,,,next time she better wake up first thing, all the extended crew are still throwing cracks at my "new" bike. Oh yeah all the ride stuff happened after all but one of the crew had left for home...so all they saw was a dead Husky thumper...that peeses me off the most.
    As USA (better put SoCal) riders they really dont know the history of these ISDE overall and 500 4T World championship (s) machines so they think its just a goof machine that I bought. I will need to surprise all the pumpkins and others on the next ride as she is getting near perfect in the dial in!! I am keeping myself motivated by looking through all my Offroad Champions books and seeing Anders gnawing on DelLorto carbs in adverts and just railing the big thumpers through terrain. Merriman rode the 410 version fairly well too (ISDE overall !!!)
    Enjoy the ride PS I still love 140/80-18 rears with the skinny fronts on these things.
  11. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cool!!!

I took my '95 to Moab a couple years ago, as a back up bike and my buddy ended up riding it instead of his 426 because it had a plate. He was surprised at how well the ol girl worked.

After all the ribbing and wisecracks he and most my other friends subjected me to in the '90s when they were on those bad ass XR600s, it was one of my best "I told you so's".
    [IMG]
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice thanks!!! I will remember to scope out the triples as well, maybe they are Scotts as the previous owner had a Scotts Stabilizer on it.

How is it with the big tank, I have one with the between the "lobes" bracket as well.Just so dang huge dont know if I ever want to put it on.
  13. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

The tanks are pretty bulky and weigh a lot more than the an IMS/Clarke. I ran out of gas several times back in the '90s, so dealing with the girth is worth it. I once ran out when I was lost in the woods outside Mamoth-SCAREY! I don't run the spreader bar because I have Devol rad guards that the tank barely clears. Just have some rubber weather stripping to keep it from rubbing on the guards. It's worked for many years. The tanks are super easy to switch out.
  14. Vegas Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm almost done wiring up my 99 410 for the street. Your 610 looks great...keep up the good work!!:thumbsup:
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Huskyfatman, you know the capacity of the big acerbis tank?
  16. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

The factory oversized tank is claimed to hold 17 liters or about 4.49 gallons. Mine takes just under 4.2.

The guy I bought my clear tank from said Acerbis only made a few for factory Husky riders competing in some South American rally. He claimed it holds 6 gallons, but I checked and it holds 5. The bottom is different than the factory tank.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    mine looks the same exact shape as yours. So I would say its the same capacity, thanks. Its for sale so I needed to know.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, it looks like my 17 liter. Put that bad boy on ebay. I saw one (unused) go for over $600 a while ago.:cheers:
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    6 honey that is what I heard. thanks