1999 TE610 with Ca plates

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by robertaccio, Jun 10, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I have ridden and raced one .... this local guy has one he wants to get rid of (4 cheeep). I am dying for a DS machine (for off rode only with plate for park and ride access). problem #1 she is not running,,,he says she ran fine just needs very old fuel dumped and carb cleaned.
    You guys have other point to worry about , ex. mag assy falling apart issue, ignition stuff and deal breaker costs for these parts. I have no issue for some minor stuff rework but dont want to find a lot of cost to rebuild. I gues I could have a look and check for spark fire ( that would be satisfactory). Ive done the Dell'Orto carb clean ups with no sweat. Any inputs would be good,,,,,oh yea I have not approached the wife about this one........that could be the real deal breaker!!!
    PS this very bike may be the one I rode before, I am checking that out now.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    he has owned it since new, bike sat for 2 years after purchase due to injury on another bike, and now bike has been sitting since 2005, so at most it has 00-05 use on it (hours/mileage??) I am going to have a look this afternoon. Without cash in my pocket!!!
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    just found this thread about this exact machine on T-Talk, questions answered by our usual suspects.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :D

I believe Robert will bring it home anyway. :)
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    shes in my garage, needs some love. but in the midst of the 450 rebuild so she will sit for a little while. 1999 TE610 with full street gear and Ca plate current
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hurry robert Big Bear Dual sport ride ina few weeks
    It is as tuff or tuffer in some spots then any National i have done and they call it a dual sport ride Last year it took me 12 hours to do 150 miles TE 510 but i made it
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good deal! '99 TE410 CDI boxes were suspect, but not sure about TE610's. If it runs, I'm sure you're good to go. I miss my '01 TE400 sometimes, Fran Bottone has it fully DS'd and red and white TE610 DS plastic on it... looks cool.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    wow that sounds like a post heart surgery break in ride !
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    came with boxed uptite pipe and extra big/dez tank, uptite pipe is missing right header section, deal was very solid. The seller is a local rider and super enthusiast with a garage full of toys, from Ducatis to rynos to water sports stuff. Automatic trust for me, very nice family and local biz dude. Yes I will shoot it maybe tomorrow
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Congrats Robert :)
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    she needs a wire loom bullet proof aircraft electrician rework. Has alot of loops and banjos in the harness, from the street mod wire job. a thorough clean up and for more bullet proofing installation of HD tubes. new brake fluid, oil change, valve clearance check, cam chain check, new grips, and hand guards, air filter clean up etc etc . Tires are old but will do until worn out. photos to follow
  12. rajobigguy Administrator

I don't know Robert, you may want to do a little more healing before attempting one of the BBTR rides. I did the Moonlight Madness ride and by the time it was over I had a dislocated shoulder, two cracked wrists and was just nothing but a bowl of Jello hanging on the back of the bike and praying for it to be over before it was all done. Their idea of a dual sport ride is to run a world championship enduro course but remove the time clocks and put an ice cream stop in the middle of the ride. It was fun but it was one of the most brutal events I've ever participated in.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am joking its no-go,,,but if anyone wants a good challenge the invitational only hammerdown ride is relentless, plus I will need to get a leg up and learn the ins and outs on the new/old TE610 before doing anything drastic.

Or try doing all the loops of a national H&H.......you will find some scary stuff out there.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    the 08 chassis with its grandpa
    [IMG]
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    As stated its a 1999 not a 98
  16. rajobigguy Administrator

Good looking bike.:thumbsup:
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tonight its carbby clean up time, I grabbed all my required replacement fuel and vent hoses, ordered a new carb/airbox union boot (usable but has external dry rot cracks), and will pull the wheels and have HD tubes installed and wheels balanced as well, got new grips, and will install boxed Acerbis plastic rally wrap handguards. need to bleed brakes can see rear fluid is black. most all else looks good. Air filter was very light on the air filter oil (almost none) out here in dust ville that is a no no. got new oil to install and will be ready for starting/running by end of weekend.Look like fork seal leak too, but I will verify,clean and unbind front end then exercise it. After the fire up will then do the final stuff, verify cam chain, and check valve clearances. Lube cables, anyone add anything?
  18. rajobigguy Administrator

I think that a light duty shakedown ride is in order in the very near future.:cheers:
  19. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

thats a winner if i ever saw one!now you need to find one of those elusive oversized gas tanks.dan
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dan,
    its amazing you brought that up,
    She came with the monster OEM-Acerbis tank in the extra parts box!! Its a WHT coated natural nylon type thing with in this case fair but beat up H graphics on it.
    As I disaassembled the bike for clean up, I saw these weird horizontal bars with rubber pads on the ends mounted across front of the Rads and thought they some strange Rad guards until I saw the corresponding black marks on the inside wings of the monster tank. You can see those bars in the first front oblique foto. They are there to support the monster tank wings from collapsing in.
    I am not sure when I will use that crazy tank its a real behemouth P to D type affair. But it a great xtra to keep in the spares box for sure. RN

(I do the same with my 450, keep the IMS in the box and usually ride with the peanut tank except for certain longer range needed uses Mex/H&H etc)